My experiences with gay rights in the Republican Party and the conservative blowup

JeffWartman

Jul 13, 2006
Suburban Chicago
GOOGLE LAUNCHES “LEGALIZE LOVE” CAMPAIGN – CONSERVATIVES GO CRAZY
by: Jeff Wartman
Google Launches “Legalize Love” Campaign – Conservatives Go Crazy » Jeff Wartman

Last week, Google announced a great new campaign – the ‘Legalize Love‘ campaign. Google refers to it as “Legalise Love is our call to decriminalise homosexuality and eliminate homophobia around the world.”

Sounds like a wonderful cause, no? There should be nothing conversational about decriminalizing homosexuality and eliminating homophobia.

However, to conservative bigots, this is indeed a big deal.

Over at well known bastion of hatred FreeRepublic.com, which is a discussion forum filled with open racists, birthers and those who want to use violence against elected officials, the consensus is that they will stop using Google products. Of course, that’s after you sift through the homophobic and bigotry in that thread. The real question is how unhinged do you have to be to boycott a service because they’re behind a campaign to decriminalize consensual sex between two consenting adults?
Illinois Review provides another example of open bigotry on the subject – but they do so in a more subtle way. Editor Fran Eaton, an unlettered unhinged wingnut who has a reputation for idiocy so wide in political circles in Illinois that even mentioning her name usually brings a smirk to the face of any serious political observer – generally toes the same line of being an open bigot but does so in a much more subtle way, usually speaking in code. In the case above, she refers to the “Legalize Love” campaign as “anti-religious” for reasons unknown to any thinking individual. It’s not that it’s anti-religious, it’s that she is speaking in code because it wouldn’t be fashionable to use a gay slur.

This is an excerpt. Read the entire article here: My experiences with gay rights in the Republican Party and the conservative blowup over "Leagalize Love" : politics

good then they will be even more uninformed rendering them entirely useless to any party

GOOGLE LAUNCHES “LEGALIZE LOVE” CAMPAIGN – CONSERVATIVES GO CRAZY
by: Jeff Wartman
Google Launches “Legalize Love” Campaign – Conservatives Go Crazy » Jeff Wartman

Last week, Google announced a great new campaign – the ‘Legalize Love‘ campaign. Google refers to it as “Legalise Love is our call to decriminalise homosexuality and eliminate homophobia around the world.”

Sounds like a wonderful cause, no? There should be nothing conversational about decriminalizing homosexuality and eliminating homophobia.

However, to conservative bigots, this is indeed a big deal.

Over at well known bastion of hatred FreeRepublic.com, which is a discussion forum filled with open racists, birthers and those who want to use violence against elected officials, the consensus is that they will stop using Google products. Of course, that’s after you sift through the homophobic and bigotry in that thread. The real question is how unhinged do you have to be to boycott a service because they’re behind a campaign to decriminalize consensual sex between two consenting adults?
Illinois Review provides another example of open bigotry on the subject – but they do so in a more subtle way. Editor Fran Eaton, an unlettered unhinged wingnut who has a reputation for idiocy so wide in political circles in Illinois that even mentioning her name usually brings a smirk to the face of any serious political observer – generally toes the same line of being an open bigot but does so in a much more subtle way, usually speaking in code. In the case above, she refers to the “Legalize Love” campaign as “anti-religious” for reasons unknown to any thinking individual. It’s not that it’s anti-religious, it’s that she is speaking in code because it wouldn’t be fashionable to use a gay slur.

This is an excerpt. Read the entire article here: My experiences with gay rights in the Republican Party and the conservative blowup over "Leagalize Love" : politics

Let me ask u something Jeff, why do libs demand everyone be equal but gays have to inform to the world they are gay? Another question how many straight parades have u been to?

Let me ask u something Jeff, why do libs demand everyone be equal but gays have to inform to the world they are gay? Another question how many straight parades have u been to?

Sinjorri,

Gay people represent a minority of the population, and a group that is often ridiculed, humiliated, and (sometimes) badly hurt or killed simply because they're gay (or perceived as gay). Parades are a show of solidarity against those forms of persecution (for which they are not responsible for), and a way gay people can outwardly feel OK - often for the first time, publicly - for who they are. This is why "gay pride" parades exist and "straight pride" parades generally do not.

I apologize if that's too hard to comprehend.

Last edited:

Sinjorri,

Gay people represent a minority of the population, and a group that is often ridiculed, humiliated, and (sometimes) badly hurt or killed simply because they're gay (or perceived as gay). Parades are a show of solidarity against those forms of persecution (for which they are not responsible for), and a way gay people can outwardly feel OK - often for the first time, publicly - for who they are. This is why "gay pride" parades exist and "straight pride" parades generally do not.

What a crock of shit......

The only time gays get shit is when they're overly blunt or eccentric about their sexuality...

Some gays are big mouthed assholes - they go out of their way to shove homosexuality down peoples throats....

Fine if someone is gay but they don't need to make sure the entire world knows it by being assholes or loudmouthed blunt fools in public....

If they want to be accepted then why don't they act like the rest of normal society?

Gee....................Who knew love was "illegal"

Being gay is illegal in many countries, and in some - punishable by death.

And ironically progressives support those countries that not only hang homosexuals but degrade and murder woman...... You know - Muslims and Islamic nations...

Progressives only love to throw the word "Islamophobia" around too often...

Sinjorri,

and u needed to insult me why?

Sinjorri,

I don’t know Sinjorri, I insulted you because I thought you deserved it.

Personally, I thought that you presented your original set of questions in a sarcastic, mocking sort of way, and I thought the questions themselves were rather (for lack of a better word) stupid. I mean, if you can't understand why there are gay pride parades and not straight parades, I think there might be something seriously wrong with your thought process.

Either way, I apologize if I offended you, but when you ask silly questions you have to realize that you may get mocked in retaliation.

Last edited:
Sinjorri,

I don’t know Sinjorri, I insulted you because I thought you deserved it.

Personally, I thought that you presented your original set of questions in a sarcastic, mocking sort of way, and I thought the questions themselves were rather (for lack of a better word) stupid. I mean, if you can't understand why there are gay pride parades and not straight parades, I think there might be something seriously wrong with your thought process.

Either way, I apologize if I offended you, but when you ask silly questions you have to realize that you may get mocked in retaliation.

no u dont, first i follow the rule theres no such thing as a silly question because at least questions represent someone is trying to understand or learn.

second i dont feel the need to mock someone regardless of how they pose a question because even if they did it in a mocking tone maybe my answer might get some thought into someone.

I posed a respectable question i got mocked under assumption. Thank u.

at the end of the day we are all human beings regardless of how we see things. I try to treat everyone as a human unless they prove otherwise or if they engage in kiddy behavour. Now i have been told by the libs hundreds of times that all SHOULD be treated equal, well im sorry a parade for some is not saying "we are equals" Its saying we are all equal some are more equal, like when women come into postions of power and act like the men do, u call them on it and the excuses start flying, its not that its how men are, its what the positions force upon u. With a margin of error, im still working on it.

Last edited:
Gee....................Who knew love was "illegal"

Being gay is illegal in many countries, and in some - punishable by death.

And ironically progressives support those countries that not only hang homosexuals but degrade and murder woman...... You know - Muslims and Islamic nations...

Progressives only love to throw the word "Islamophobia" around too often...

Not really, Obamabots cheer and are delighted whenever Obama decides to blow up a section of a muslim country.

They just pretended to care when Bush was in office. They just wanted the blood on their hands instead of reps hands.

that is a fucking lie.

the democrats have NOT walked in locked step about this like the right did with Bush

that is a fucking lie.

the democrats have NOT walked in locked step about this like the right did with Bush

Democrats loved Obama and his miniature version of the Iraq War in Libya, and now they cheer him for sending troops to protect the oil fields in Uganda.

There is nothing proud about homosexual "pride" parades.........If that doesnt beg for mockery, disdain and self inflicted scorn nothing does...........

The only time gays get shit is when they're overly blunt or eccentric about their sexuality...

Some gays are big mouthed assholes - they go out of their way to shove homosexuality down peoples throats....

Fine if someone is gay but they don't need to make sure the entire world knows it by being assholes or loudmouthed blunt fools in public....

If they want to be accepted then why don't they act like the rest of normal society?

Mr. Nick - Crock of shit? Your ignorance is astounding.

How about the girl who gets kicked out on the street after coming out to her parents? What about the gay kid who gets spied on by his peers, then driven to the point of suicide after being humiliated? Were those people loudmouthed fools?

It’s never acceptable to bully or persecute a gay individual simply because he/she is gay. Each of us should always adhere to the principle: “treat others as you would like to be treated”.

There is nothing proud about homosexual "pride" parades.........If that doesnt beg for mockery, disdain and self inflicted scorn nothing does...........

I would think the rational approach if you don't like these things would be to ignore them.

It's not that hard, I'm not a homophobe and I have no problem ignoring them. I would think gay haters would ignore them but they talk about these parades more than gays do.

Mr. Nick - Crock of shit? Your ignorance is astounding.

How about the girl who gets kicked out on the street after coming out to her parents? What about the gay kid who gets spied on by his peers, then driven to the point of suicide after being humiliated? Were those people loudmouthed fools?

It’s never acceptable to bully or persecute a gay individual simply because he/she is gay. Each of us should always adhere to the principle: “treat others as you would like to be treated”.

What about the progressives who think its fun to bully fat people? what about the progressives who think its fun to bully Christians or conservatives??

Shut the fuck up about bullying - it comes in all shapes and sizes and gays aren't above it all...

What makes a bullied gay anymore important than a bullied fat person etc???

You see how fucking stupid, partisan and shallow you are???

Forum List

Back