~My Ex And My Best Friend~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
This is a true story.
How would any of yunz feel...if your ex husband/wife.....was having an affair with your best friend??
I call it an affair because the best friend is married.

This is no shit....my best friend....if one could call her that, has always had the hots for what is now my ex-husband. My ex husband and I have been divorced since 1997.
We still get along, the ex and I, we have a child together....grandchildren we adore together.....we are civil.
But my best friend and him starting seeing each other....and having sex.
How do I know??
They both tell me.
And they both tell me to not say anything.....especially to the best friend's husband.
Kind of comical if you think about it. I don't give a rat's ass who he sees, or who she sees.....I don't even fucking care that she is having an affair.
What I do have a problem with...is the fact, she is using me as her alibi, so to speak.
When she wants to get all funky and shit, she'll make up an excuse to her husband, that she and I are going to lunch...or shopping...or some other crazy shit.
I told both of them, my ex and my friend, that I do not want to be brought into this mess...and if my friend's husband ever was to ask me....I'm not lying for either of the idiots.
Now....my best friend is so damn worried.........she keeps asking me if I am mad at her....or if I don't text back right away, she gets all worried, because she knows I know all the details...and she thinks I'll run and tell her husband.
I guess she's not really a best friend....most people I tell about this, tell me she isn't any kind of friend if she is having an affair with my ex husband. I don't see a problem with her sleeping with my ex, hell I don't fucking care. The big issue is she is still married.
Not really asking for advice, none to be given really.....it's like a scene right out of a soap opera or something :lol:

This is a true story.
How would any of yunz feel...if your ex husband/wife.....was having an affair with your best friend??

This is no shit....my best friend....if one could call her that, has always had the hots for what is now my ex-husband. My ex husband and I have been divorced since 1997.
We still get along, the ex and I, we have a child together....grandchildren we adore together.....we are civil.
How do I know??
They both tell me.
And they both tell me to not say anything.....especially to the best friend's husband.
Kind of comical if you think about it. I don't give a rat's ass who he sees, or who she sees.....I don't even fucking care that she is having an affair.
What I do have a problem with...is the fact, she is using me as her alibi, so to speak.
When she wants to get all funky and shit, she'll make up an excuse to her husband, that she and I are going to lunch...or shopping...or some other crazy shit.
I told both of them, my ex and my friend, that I do not want to be brought into this mess...and if my friend's husband ever was to ask me....I'm not lying for either of the idiots.
Now....my best friend is so damn worried.........she keeps asking me if I am mad at her....or if I don't text back right away, she gets all worried, because she knows I know all the details...and she thinks I'll run and tell her husband.
I guess she's not really a best friend....most people I tell about this, tell me she isn't any kind of friend if she is having an affair with my ex husband. I don't see a problem with her sleeping with my ex, hell I don't fucking care. The big issue is she is still married.
Not really asking for advice, none to be given really.....it's like a scene right out of a soap opera or something :lol:

You have no standing to object. He isn't your husband any longer.

This is a true story.

How do I know??
They both tell me.

I don't object...I don't give a fucking shit.
I just do not want to be dragged into the chaos. And believe me, if her husband was to ever find out......somebody is getting an ass whooping ~LoL~

This is a true story.

How do I know??
They both tell me.

I just do not want to be dragged into the chaos. And believe me, if her husband was to ever find out......somebody is getting an ass whooping ~LoL~

The fact that it bothers you indicates you have not completely let go. Of course, you will insist you have, so....... If you don't want to hear about it, tell them you don't want to hear about it. That is called setting a boundary. My guess is you DO want to hear about it.

Not advice just my opinion.

A friend would not put you in that position. At least what I classify as a friend. Of course I have problems with people lying in the first place.

Thank you zzzz
This is how I have been thinking....she even tries to share pictures he texts her.....I told her "No thanks!!! I've already seen" ~LoL~

And yes, I have a big problem with liars myself.

The fact that it bothers you indicates you have not completely let go. Of course, you will insist you have, so....... If you don't want to hear about it, tell them you don't want to hear about it. That is called setting a boundary. My guess is you DO want to hear about it.

It's all a big drama scene. I don't like drama.
You are mistaken if you think I haven't let go.
I purposely avoid her texts and calls on my cell, because I don't care to hear....that's when she gets all worried and stuff.
I would never go forth and rat on her to her husband.
I just wish she could call and talk about other stuff........like we used to do....back in the good ole days.
And the above in red, I mentioned that in my original post...I told them both that. So...I stay away from both.

You women love drama don't you? Why can't a woman be more like a man? No, I'm not saying you should have a penor! I'm saying you should just be more direct. The next time your "friend" brings it up in conversation you say:

"Listen, if you EVER mention ANYTHING about this to me AGAIN I WILL inform EVERYONE involved about EVERYONE ELSE! Is that clear?"

Should do the trick. Unless of course, you LIKE all the drama! :lol:

If she is truly your friend, she will understand that you will not tell a lie to cover up her affair with your ex-husband or anybody else for that matter. If she doesn't understand that concept, then she is not your friend.

What ZZZZ said. A friend would not put you into this position.

Just tell it to her strait. What she does in her marriage is her business. You won't tattle, you won't interfere. But you lie for no one. He asks questions about were you with my wife the answer will be no.

This is a true story.

How do I know??
They both tell me.

That is pretty messed up situation...

I'd tell them both to fuck off...

If you don't care about the affair that is one thing, however your "best friend" seems to be getting too snug...

The moral thing to do would be to tell your alleged best friends husband.

It would be the right thing to do.

She obviously doesn't care about you or her husband given her actions that are totally crude and could potentially hurt a lot of people.... So she is either selfish, stupid or evil.

Seems your best friend wants to have her cake an eat it....

Last edited:
It's murka. Deal with it, or leave.

I made my decision 3 weeks ago...that was the last time I have spoke to her......or him.
The only thing I find myself doing now...is ignoring texts and calls.....maybe I should change my cell number :eusa_eh:

This is a true story.

How do I know??
They both tell me.

I don't think she's talking about being angry at her ex. Instead, she's been put in a very nasty position by her "best" friend, who seems to want her to lie to the "friend's" husband, should he inquire whether she knows anything.

This is a true story.

How do I know??
They both tell me.

get some xtc , break out the Mazola and Saran wrap and have a party, invite the whole crew

Last edited:
Such events are quite common.

After all, people tend to get involved with people they already know.

dont worry dabs.....some people are just so judge fucking mental its beyond them to see the forest for the treess...

i would not lie for either of them.....just stay out of it......it will burst open soon enough.....

dabs,,,,caller id is a great thing.....i would add the friend's hubby to the list of people not to talk to.....he will find out soon enough on his own.....if he is already having doubts.....he will find out the truth....

Having been in the most wild situation one could ever dream of having my friend pick me as a bridesmaid, fuck my husband and still smile at me on her wedding day.......

The relationship didn't work out. Oh sob.

On the other hand I fucked her husband over this long story but we are still together after 20 years. And I fuck him nightly.

Life works out.

Forum List

Back