My Economic Stimulus Experiment

and i am still waiting for you to name them....clothes all made overseas...textiles use to be a big industry in nc...as did furniture...where does the furniture in walmart come from?
So, do you fix your own car, grow your own food, cut your own hair, sew your own clothes, etcetera??

If you really are that intent on withdrawing from the big, big world of commerce, I'm sure there's an Amish settlement somewhere that'll let you join in.

And if I lived in fabulous NC, I'd be more concerned about the importation of New England jackoffs, who're bringing along the politics that fucked up their end of the country with them, than anything else.

so dude do you not think part of the solution is buying american...
No...Economic isolationism doesn't work.

The same crap being shoveled about China today was also said about Hong Kong, Japan, Indonesia, and Taiwan....and that's just over the course of my lifetime.

In the end, you cannot sell anything to someone who has no job or no money.

All of which is beside the point that you can still get plenty of American made goods at Wally World.

What the buy American crowd doesn't realize is that buying something made in China from a business in America provides income for Americans. Makes no difference where it's made.

Walmart employs Americans in your town, pays for it's heat electric and snow plowing in this country etc etc etc.

The money spent at walmart doesn't ALL end up in China. It's not like you bought something from some Chinese guy pushing a cart that sends all his profit back to China.

Last edited:
I think my experiment failed. Nothing will make a stimulus program like this work.

These stimulus plans always work. And they work better than tax breaks as far as their stimulitive effect. Didn't you know that?

Reagan did it, Clinton did it. The righties said the exact same thing about Clinton when he first took office. How did he do? Pretty good you say?

PS. Maybe they can't make up for the jobs our country is hemoraging? Maybe we need to fix nafta. Maybe you are right. Maybe this stimulus bill alone is not enough. Maybe we also need to tariff companies that go offshore. And maybe we need to kill GW's tax breaks to the rich.

Obama will give them tax breaks WHEN they hire, not in hopes that they hire. I was telling you stupid idiots that years ago. I knew Bush's tax breaks wouldn't work like he dreamed/hoped. They took all the $ and moved it to Switzerland, Caymen Isl. and the UAE.

None of that makes sense, but the GOP did it anyways. So who gives a fuck if you get the stimulus bill. Its our turn to run things. You just sit and watch.

Wow, I really opened up a can of worms here. OK, everybody, put the flame throwers away.

Bones, I need a special permit from my wife to shop anywhere other that Wal-Mart.

Skull Pilot - If I spent $1000 at Wal-Mart that would be 10 times the amount I spent. I think that means I would get 10 times of the same thing I got already. Let's see: 10 X nothing = nothing.

Not if you use Dimocrat Math.

and i am still waiting for you to name them....clothes all made overseas...textiles use to be a big industry in nc...as did furniture...where does the furniture in walmart come from?
So, do you fix your own car, grow your own food, cut your own hair, sew your own clothes, etcetera??

If you really are that intent on withdrawing from the big, big world of commerce, I'm sure there's an Amish settlement somewhere that'll let you join in.

And if I lived in fabulous NC, I'd be more concerned about the importation of New England jackoffs, who're bringing along the politics that fucked up their end of the country with them, than anything else.

Notice there aren't any GOP politicians in the Northeast anymore. They all got voted out. It was clear they were workign for the lobbyists, not the people of this country.

Republicans only exist in the deep dirty south where people are not that bright and are easily fooled.

If we had the money to invade Iraq, we have the money to get the economy going again. You need to start listening to left wing talk so you can get the other side. You are clueless. You only know half the story. You do know that the stimulis is going towards infrastructure that Bush ignored? Those things should have already been taken care of. But totally put that out of you tiny little mind. Too much information for a stupid bitch like you. And money is going to unemployment benefits, because the economy is so bad, people are having trouble finding work. You want to just cut those people off? Of course you do, you sorry son of a bitch. You must one of those real Americans Palin was talking about. I think you are a sorry excuse.

And who are all the rich people that profitted from the Iraq war? $10 billion a month for 6 years. Tax the fuck out of them. Problem solve. I just found some more money.

Wow. It hurts my feeling to be called a "stupid bitch". The first thing sillybobo is wrong about is my sex. I can assure you that I am not a bitch. Must have struck a real nerve with my explanation of the Economic Stimulus Plan. You can usually tell that when Liberals cuss alot and don't know what they're talking about. I hate to tell you sillybobo, I mean this may be hard for you to grasp, but the Economic Stimulus Plan is not going to work. If you think it's truly going to work I think you're out of your mind - along with all the other supporters of this bogus plan.

Forum List

Back