My doggies!

All my dogs:

Greta, Hannah, Lucy, Cynthia, Fritz (terrible picture, I think I need a new camera) ROFLMAO, the shar pei doesn't quite fit in, does she?

Attachments

• $AllDogs2.jpg
    $AllDogs2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
i have only known one dobie owner who was a total dick....he is a lawyer...still amazes me...he dolts on his two dobies....he is still a dick but maybe lawyers just cant help it...i have had 3 dobies in 30 years...the 2nd one....was found half starved in a barn used by crooks.....he was near death....beaten...kicked....had 3 types of mange.....but when the vet went to put him down...he licked her hand....and saved his life....the vets was willing to donate all kinds of stuff for his skin...some drip they use on cattle..but needed someone to take him in...most people dont understand the breed and sure the hell dont know how to rescue one....i have failed at one rescue attempt with a female.....that still haunts me...that is why son purchased thor...but i do love the breed....

OMG, I can't the thought of a dobie being abused! I can't stand the thought of any animal being abused, but especially a dobie. :(

i have only known one dobie owner who was a total dick....he is a lawyer...still amazes me...he dolts on his two dobies....he is still a dick but maybe lawyers just cant help it...i have had 3 dobies in 30 years...the 2nd one....was found half starved in a barn used by crooks.....he was near death....beaten...kicked....had 3 types of mange.....but when the vet went to put him down...he licked her hand....and saved his life....the vets was willing to donate all kinds of stuff for his skin...some drip they use on cattle..but needed someone to take him in...most people dont understand the breed and sure the hell dont know how to rescue one....i have failed at one rescue attempt with a female.....that still haunts me...that is why son purchased thor...but i do love the breed....

OMG, I can't the thought of a dobie being abused! I can't stand the thought of any animal being abused, but especially a dobie. :(

me either....i only abuse posters......bunkie...had a good life......granted my son nor my husband could not wear boots in the house for over 2 years....boots scared bunkie....so i wouldnt let them have boots.....they protested ....and got bitchslapped for it....

strollingbones, I like your blue dobie. Don't see too many of those.

My dog Hannah's mom was a blue dobie. Greta's mom was a black dobie. They have the same dad, and he was a red dobie. They both turned out red.

Ah, yes, so incredibly short-lived. Why do such wonderful creatures have to have such short lives?

I have always been intrigued with Irish Wolfhounds and think that I will probably eventually get one. They are also huge and very short-lived. A breeder I talked to said that hers live to 12 years, although I'm a little suspicious of that claim.

Ah, yes, so incredibly short-lived. Why do such wonderful creatures have to have such short lives?

I have always been intrigued with Irish Wolfhounds and think that I will probably eventually get one. They are also huge and very short-lived. A breeder I talked to said that hers live to 12 years, although I'm a little suspicious of that claim.
I think ( and opinions are like assholes) a better breed for you would be a Newfoundland or a Great Pyrenees.Fantastic animals that won't find Palin:( territory difficult to adjust to.

I love Dobies. I had one once, long, long ago. A young female, 90 lbs. She was beautiful and SMART. She was never more than 3 feet from me, either, Bones.

Oh, stop. I can't stand animal cruelty, okay? I'm not going to do something that is cruel.

My pup was running around playing the day she got her ears cropped. I would never have had my second dobie's ears cropped if it weren't for that. The second pup was just as tolerant of the procedure.
You missed the point.I didn't say it was cruel. I said it makes the dog less visible to the scum that wants to fuck you over.

I was told that by a Marine who served in the Pacific during WW-2.

I think ( and opinions are like assholes) a better breed for you would be a Newfoundland or a Great Pyrenees.Fantastic animals that won't find Palin:( territory difficult to adjust to.

Newfoundland, Great Pyrenees, too furry, especially after being accustomed to dobies!

Even my dobies can handle the cold pretty well. When it's really cold I put booties on them to go for a walk because the bottoms of their feet do get cold. Jackets or sweaters have never seemed necessary, although I do put those on my little dogs.

Mind you, they don't live outside. They live in the house. Sleep in my bed. :lol:

The part of Alaska I'm in is fairly mild, you get harsher winters in parts of the Lower 48 than we do.

Palin country?? Not!!! We've disowned her. We tried to send her to Russia since she could see it from her house, but she went to Arizona instead! : )

Last edited:

Forum List

Back