My Direct TV rant

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Okay, yeah, TV sucks but right now, I'm really ticked at Direct TV. Don't tell me to go elsewhere. Part of the price we pay for living in our lake house is that we're miles from every thing and everywhere. Direct TV is our best choice.

I just tried to order a pay-per-view via my cell phone. I got the message that our account had been suspended and we need to pay the bill. WTF? We're on auto pay. The payment is never ever late. Pretty much the same moment they present the bill, they get paid. But, I've been though this before so I know what comes next.

We used to to have two accounts at two different addresses. We cancelled one location more than two years ago and yet, if I got to our page on Direct TV dot com, there it is, past due.

For the gazillionth time, I told the "customer service representative" that and for the gazillionth time, she said how happy they are that we are such loyal customers and how sorry she was for the mix and and she'd take care of that right away.

Yeah, right.

Then she says our account will be charged $5 for her having to take the call. Nope.

Oh and for the gazillionth time, I told her to send me a hard copy of the bill and of course she said, you betcha.

On top of all that and more, her first language is not English and I have a hell of a time understanding her. In the past, I have left businesses for taking their call centers out of the US and not many things make me angrier. If I wanted to support other countries businesses, I would have vote for fucking trump.

Tomorrow I'll call them again.

Anyone wanna bet they'll get it wrong again next time?

Hmmm... That's strange because I tried to order a movie last weekend, and it wouldn't let me do it because it showed the bill as past due. So I asked the wife who pays the Bill's, and she said that yep she didn't pay it for October... I asked why not, and she said undoubtedly they didn't send us a bill for the month... I believed her because we have been loyal customers for around 15 years. Well I just paid them on line for two months, and that was that... I agree that I don't go along with the outsourcing of the call centers, because I also hate it when I can't understand the person being dealt with.. Maybe all that will soon change, and thank God for it. I feel your pain brother, but you know that you have just joined the low down racist with your comments right ?

Forum List

Back