My Direct TV rant

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Okay, yeah, TV sucks but right now, I'm really ticked at Direct TV. Don't tell me to go elsewhere. Part of the price we pay for living in our lake house is that we're miles from every thing and everywhere. Direct TV is our best choice.

I just tried to order a pay-per-view via my cell phone. I got the message that our account had been suspended and we need to pay the bill. WTF? We're on auto pay. The payment is never ever late. Pretty much the same moment they present the bill, they get paid. But, I've been though this before so I know what comes next.

We used to to have two accounts at two different addresses. We cancelled one location more than two years ago and yet, if I got to our page on Direct TV dot com, there it is, past due.

For the gazillionth time, I told the "customer service representative" that and for the gazillionth time, she said how happy they are that we are such loyal customers and how sorry she was for the mix and and she'd take care of that right away.

Yeah, right.

Then she says our account will be charged $5 for her having to take the call. Nope.

Oh and for the gazillionth time, I told her to send me a hard copy of the bill and of course she said, you betcha.

On top of all that and more, her first language is not English and I have a hell of a time understanding her. In the past, I have left businesses for taking their call centers out of the US and not many things make me angrier. If I wanted to support other countries businesses, I would have vote for fucking trump.

Tomorrow I'll call them again.

Anyone wanna bet they'll get it wrong again next time?

Okay, yeah, TV sucks but right now, I'm really ticked at Direct TV. Don't tell me to go elsewhere. Part of the price we pay for living in our lake house is that we're miles from every thing and everywhere. Direct TV is our best choice.

I just tried to order a pay-per-view via my cell phone. I got the message that our account had been suspended and we need to pay the bill. WTF? We're on auto pay. The payment is never ever late. Pretty much the same moment they present the bill, they get paid. But, I've been though this before so I know what comes next.

We used to to have two accounts at two different addresses. We cancelled one location more than two years ago and yet, if I got to our page on Direct TV dot com, there it is, past due.

For the gazillionth time, I told the "customer service representative" that and for the gazillionth time, she said how happy they are that we are such loyal customers and how sorry she was for the mix and and she'd take care of that right away.

Yeah, right.

Then she says our account will be charged $5 for her having to take the call. Nope.

Oh and for the gazillionth time, I told her to send me a hard copy of the bill and of course she said, you betcha.

On top of all that and more, her first language is not English and I have a hell of a time understanding her. In the past, I have left businesses for taking their call centers out of the US and not many things make me angrier. If I wanted to support other countries businesses, I would have vote for fucking trump.

Same with me to far and direct was the only one they suck.. So I dropped it and just bought an atena

i just dropped DirecTV for raising me $42.00 a month.....i got a much better deal and quality.....

Our rate is the same, hasn't chaned in a long time.

But its like we're the only people on the planet who had two homes, two accounts and cancelled one.

It ain't rocket surgery. Or at least, it shouldn't be.

Yeah, right.

Same with me to far and direct was the only one they suck.. So I dropped it and just bought an atena

The service has been fine and an antenna wouldn't work where we are.

I expected Direct TV quality to suffer once AT&T bought them out.

Agree about right wing ATT but quality isn't the problem.

Yeah, right.

Right wing ATT? :cuckoo:

Still butt-hurt over the election, I see. Hope they keep F'in up your bill, etc., etc.,.........slimeball.

Yeah, right.

Yeah I know I spelled it wrong and at a bar.. But are you sure about that never checked your profile.. But 3 of them I bought wouldn't work either, I finally found a $ 15 dollar one and I can get like 25 channels..

I work alot just like the news and sports and the occasional old movies..
Red box is all around me.. So heck with it.

I always hated Direct TV. I hope I am never forced to use it again. I had them for 3 years, and had to call them every single month without fail. Well, actually it wasn't DT itself. It was dealing with the billing etc.

Yeah, right.

Had Direct TV when I lived in the country and they were on auto-pay and never was I late on any payment. Well after I moved back to Houston region I dropped them because it was almost two hundred a month for everything I was getting and being near Houston I could rent movies from redbox and watch local stations. Well my brother was suppose to mail the boxes back and so they hit my account and withdrew some money from the account I was using to pay them with, and I told them I mailed the boxes out that day and they got them two days later and hit my account again for more money.

After contacting the bank about this the bank reverse the charges on their ass and they refunded me the other money because still in my grace period to return the boxes.

Direct TV had lawsuits against them when they sold out to AT&T and can only imagine how bad it has gotten since the sale. I had U-Verse for a period of time and that nonsense was worst!

Also Direct TV when it was not part of AT&T had it call center here in the states a few years back, so it must have changed when they sold the company to AT&T seeing AT&T call centers are in the Philippines and India and they suck!

Oh and Redbox call centers are in India too and they suck too!

Directv sucks. 20 years with them and when I went to upgrade to HD and a DVR they wouldn't cut me a nickel's worth of a deal. Then as I left they ripped me off for over a hundred bucks, then my credit card company wouldn't rule against them in a dispute, lol, so I dropped them too.

So now I'm with Dish at 50 bucks a month for a good package for 2 years with no obligation. And a credit card company with better rewards.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I gave up cable and satellite completely and went back to broadcast amplified antenna TV.

It works great in HD.

You get all the major networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and PBS) plus BBC on World Network, the Justice Network, the Escape/Crime Network, and several Old Movies networks. You also get the shopping channels.

I have an LG brand LED TV which is HD and an RCA amplified interior antenna (rabbit ears with a central platform).

The TV was $200 and the antenna was $100.

Broadcast is free.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Directv sucks. 20 years with them and when I went to upgrade to HD and a DVR they wouldn't cut me a nickel's worth of a deal. Then as I left they ripped me off for over a hundred bucks, then my credit card company wouldn't rule against them in a dispute, lol, so I dropped them too.

So now I'm with Dish at 50 bucks a month for a good package for 2 years with no obligation. And a credit card company with better rewards.
i agree the Dish is better.....

Forum List

Back