My dilemma about my dog

I would be nervous if my dog was wandering around, in and out of peoples' houses. I guess I'd just tell everyone, "He has to be home by such-and-such a time every single day, and he'd better be ready for dinner!"

We had a border collie/aussie that my mom kept tied because he liked to roam. They drove a herd of sheep through, and a stray came running down into our driveway, right up to that dog on his chain. And that's where she stayed, pretty much for a year. The next year when the sheep came through, my mom went up to them and said, "we have something of yours" and gave them the sheep, and the dog.

The last time I saw that dog was the next year, when I saw him driving the yearly herd of sheep through. I was in a car, and he was running across their backs.

Give it a cell phone and tell it to call you and ask permission before accepting a treat.

:lol:

No, seriously, give the old ladies a bag of low calorie treats and tell them the vet asked you to watch the weight of the dogs. They'll probably love you for it.

Pretty good solution Ravi.

You know.......not only would giving them a small bag of low cal treats be good for your pooch, but it would allow them to feel kinda responsible for the health and well being of your pooch.

That little thing of all of you uniting to take care of your dog would probably go a long way towards being more neighborly, because then all of you would be united by a common cause.

I always give my dog baby carrots, grape tomatoes, and other vegetables. She loves them and they're better than treats. She's also overweight and I'm trying to keep her weight down. Unfortunately, if she can get her paws on a loaf of bread--the entire loaf is gone. She doesn't seem to have limits as far as food goes!:lol:

P.S... The Hippy lady's last dachshund died last winter, she totally devoted her life to her totally obnoxious doggies who would snap at anyone who came over, and were incontinent in their last years. So, she's still in mourning and loves my Border Collie, so I don't want to deny her her friend, but I get sick of her letting him in all the time.

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

P.S... The Hippy lady's last dachshund died last winter, she totally devoted her life to her totally obnoxious doggies who would snap at anyone who came over, and were incontinent in their last years. So, she's still in mourning and loves my Border Collie, so I don't want to deny her her friend, but I get sick of her letting him in all the time.

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

How true that is. :lol:

I know this is going to sound like a big fat fib to you guys but I swear this is the truth. We have a donkey that roams around here from farm to farm at will. The story is that somebody for the Chicagoland area dumped him off in the country here to get rid of him. He's been around here for at least 8 or 9 years. We all sort of named him Bob. He jumps fences so its really hard to keep him fenced in. He just sort of goes where he likes. He'll stay for several hours or maybe a day and then move along to the next farm. When the weather is bad and you go out to your barn if the door had been left open sometime you will find Bob in there. Everybody in these parts love him. He's cool.

I know. You're always joking so I tend to wait and see awhile after you post stuff like this. Post a pic of this alleged donkey. :lol:

Preferably of him jumping a fence.

I know this is going to sound like a big fat fib to you guys but I swear this is the truth. We have a donkey that roams around here from farm to farm at will. The story is that somebody for the Chicagoland area dumped him off in the country here to get rid of him. He's been around here for at least 8 or 9 years. We all sort of named him Bob. He jumps fences so its really hard to keep him fenced in. He just sort of goes where he likes. He'll stay for several hours or maybe a day and then move along to the next farm. When the weather is bad and you go out to your barn if the door had been left open sometime you will find Bob in there. Everybody in these parts love him. He's cool.

I know. You're always joking so I tend to wait and see awhile after you post stuff like this. Post a pic of this alleged donkey. :lol:

Preferably of him jumping a fence.

:lol: That first line makes everything that follows immediately suspect.

I talked to my (Hippy) neighbor, she is the main person my dog goes and visits. My daughter is going to State for X-country and I wanted her to feed the dogs while we're gone for a day. I'm thankful that we were able to touch on my concerns. I told her that the dog sometimes doesn't come when I call. I think I'll call her next time my dog isn't around and I need him for a walk. She said that he does come and bark at her door.

Forum List

Back