My Dentist is retiring; now what?

ninja007

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Living rent free in libs heads
I'm 41, need some more work done still on my teeth (root canal), but he is all booked up till next Friday, the last day he works- I had no idea..... now what? There is another dentist above him, upstairs (separate practice), but how can she take on all of his old patients plus her own?

Supposedly I'm getting a letter in the mail next week (I talked to the receptionist who I know)- She told me; apparently she wasn't even supposed to say anything. wth?

Not sure why he is retiring, as he still is young enough to work. He is only in his mid 50's. The thing is is he obligated to help me transfer to a new dentist?. I have no coverage and run a balance with my old dentist. I'm screwed if I have to pay upfront with another dentist:(

I'm 41, need some more work done still on my teeth (root canal), but he is all booked up till next Friday, the last day he works- I had no idea..... now what? There is another dentist above him, upstairs (separate practice), but how can she take on all of his old patients plus her own?

Supposedly I'm getting a letter in the mail next week (I talked to the receptionist who I know)- She told me; apparently she wasn't even supposed to say anything. wth?

Not sure why he is retiring, as he still is young enough to work. He is only in his mid 50's. The thing is is he obligated to help me transfer to a new dentist?. I have no coverage and run a balance with my old dentist. I'm screwed if I have to pay upfront with another dentist:(

As the result of a highschool bike accident (and more precisely the 20 feet of sidewalk I ate,) I've had extensive oral surgeries. I'll never let a woman work on me again. Think they harbor deep resentment for men and take it out on their patients :) Plus, I look for dentists who specialize in children and are extra gentle. :) And if they offer a general anesthetic, all the better.

As the result of a highschool bike accident (and more precisely the 20 feet of sidewalk I ate,) I've had extensive oral surgeries. I'll never let a woman work on me again. Think they harbor deep resentment for men and take it out on their patients :) Plus, I look for dentists who specialize in children and are extra gentle. :) And if they offer a general anesthetic, all the better.
I knew of a lady dentist who was extra gentle with children, most of her patients had to have their teeth refilled or pulled because not enough debris had been removed from their cavities before the fillings were installed.

Gentle isn't necessarily better.

Forum List

Back