My daughter is in labor!!!!!

I suppose keeping a private life is wrong???

who I love is no ones business....

Exactly what does that have to do with BDBoop having a Grandchild?

Why can't you just be happy for her, like everyone else?

I don't know her... How can I be happy for a person I don't know?

A baby was born and that is great but it's not like this is some feel good heart warming story...

Children are born every day - thousands of them.

Quite frankly I believe this is being made into more than what it is....

I suppose I just have a problem with people who don't know one another acting like they do. I think we're becoming an odd society...

It's a choice...no one expects it from you, but you don't have to be so rude to someone who wants to share a happy moment. It's not like she's giving out any sort of personal info that can lead some weirdo to the baby's physical location. I think you should apologize to BDB for pooping on her joyous thread.:D

I'm not rude, I'm just blunt and direct...

My intent was not to offend....

I could care less if someone wants to announce a birth, however I find it odd that someone would choose to do that with strangers..

People share all kinds of stuff with strangers. When someone is bubbling over, they can't help it.

A baby was born and that is great but it's not like this is some feel good heart warming story...

I suppose I just have a problem with people who don't know one another acting like they do. I think we're becoming an odd society...

We are becoming an odd society. Most of the people here don't even know each other's real names but if you go on the Coffee Shop thread, you'll see that some of the people there think they know each other.

I can be happy for someone I don't know who is happy because I know what it's like to be happy.

Did you know that most newspapers have a section called "Birth Announcements"? Because if not, that's your new piece of info for the day.

Welcome!

There's a lot of people here I consider my friends. A baby is a miracle...it's not mundane in anyway shape or form. I was happy to hear the news. And yes, this is a feel good heart warming story. Grandma was so proud of her new Grandchild she put the news on the messageboard where she engages in conversation frequently. Sharing such wonderful news with us is a privilege for her and us.

Sorry you don't see it that way.

Dude... why ya got to be an asshole?

The rest of us are happy for BD and her family. Go away please!

BD we are happy for you and appreciate you sharing this joyous occasion !! :clap2:

It's a choice...no one expects it from you, but you don't have to be so rude to someone who wants to share a happy moment. It's not like she's giving out any sort of personal info that can lead some weirdo to the baby's physical location. I think you should apologize to BDB for pooping on her joyous thread.:D

I could care less if someone wants to announce a birth, however I find it odd that someone would choose to do that with strangers..

People share all kinds of stuff with strangers. When someone is bubbling over, they can't help it.

Well, I'm more logical and blunt than most people.

Maybe some people have no one to share the news with when I have hundreds and maybe I take coming from a huge family for granted..

I just think a birth is more of a concern to the family than it is any of us.

I'm not grumpy I'm just being analytical....

Maybe some people have no one to share the news with when I have hundreds and maybe I take coming from a huge family for granted..

You're making assumptions and being a stick in the mud.

We are becoming an odd society. Most of the people here don't even know each other's real names but if you go on the Coffee Shop thread, you'll see that some of the people there think they know each other.

I can be happy for someone I don't know who is happy because I know what it's like to be happy.

You don't feel happy for the person - you just want to appear to be a nice social creature..

Do you cry every time you read in the paper someone died??

Oh so you're not sad when the headline reads "28-year-old woman killed driving the wrong way.."

A baby being born is not a tear-jerker for anyone but those close to the family..

Sorry I have just had it with societies make believe bullshit.....

Like I said tho - A birth is probably more common for me and my family than it is for anyone on this board...

A baby is born in my family ever 2-3 months - I have nearly 50 cousins and those 50 cousins have kids - some 6-7 kids and building...

I've seen my own mother give birth 3 times and cut two umbilical cords.

Sorry child birth is not a unique event in my life and it never was...

You don't feel happy for the person - you just want to appear to be a nice social creature..

Oh so you're not sad when the headline reads "28-year-old woman killed driving the wrong way.."

A baby being born is not a tear-jerker for anyone but those close to the family..

Like I said tho - A birth is probably more common for me and my family than it is for anyone on this board...

A baby is born in my family ever 2-3 months - I have nearly 50 cousins and those 50 cousins have kids - some 6-7 kids and building...

Dude, now who's over sharing??:eusa_hand: :lol:

You're making assumptions and being a stick in the mud.

I'm not and did not make an assumption - I was explaining my perspective on the issue.

Sorry if I'm too honest...

I don't know why people are being rough on me for being honest...

And quite frankly I am grateful another child was born into this world but that is her families business..........

It's not like I banned any sort of sharing of baby births :lol:...

Dude, now who's over sharing??:eusa_hand: :lol:

I suppose you have me on that one...

Maybe I just don't see child birth as awesome as some here do... And I'm pro life too..

In no way were my comments meant to disrespect..

It's different when it's your own, or the child thereof.

Believe me I know all about it...

But that is what makes it so special to you and less irrelevant to anyone you don't love.

Those feelings belong to you and your family but especially you...

No need for us..

I'mma get a little OT here but - How can a woman/father use their children as a human shield or suicide bomber...

I know it's morbid in this conversation but the love you feel for a child when they're born, and there is nothing you wouldn't do to protect them from any harm and the unconditional love you feel, then some wacko's use them as human shields like that OWS woman or those Palestinian nuts who send their sons off to be martyrs....

Its just amazing how such a strong love can be broken over fringe ideologies to the point of death..

Sorry for getting off topic, but I was just watching a video of a woman using her child as a shield, when that is the opposite knee jerk response i have had around children in general if there was danger - I was/am the shield ...

Last edited:
Okay, that's it. I'm in love.

Attachments

• $peytonaverysmile.jpg
    $peytonaverysmile.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 46

There's a lot of people here I consider my friends. A baby is a miracle...it's not mundane in anyway shape or form. I was happy to hear the news. And yes, this is a feel good heart warming story. Grandma was so proud of her new Grandchild she put the news on the messageboard where she engages in conversation frequently. Sharing such wonderful news with us is a privilege for her and us.

Sorry you don't see it that way.

If I told you it was my birthday today would you be anymore happier now than you were 30 seconds ago??

Wouldn't you find a person posting an "its my birthday" thread a little immature?

BTW, It's not my B-day...

Congratulations, BDBoop. Hope everything turns out well for both mom and child. BTW, my son is in labor too. He works down at the factory.

Forum List

Back