my current view of the world

Apr 22, 2009
I currently reside on Earth
Hello i have noticed some disturbing trends as of late. With the recent release of the U.S.A's tourture notebook (if you will allow me to call it that) as well as N.Korea deciding to test icbms, and the world economy the world seems to be getting worse and worse an unfortunate view but one I think is currently the most realistic. As of yet I haven't seen any realistc ways to fix any of these. What are your views and ideas regarding these problems?

we live in interesting times....

we have endured worse threats and harder economic times....we will slowly recover ...people always take about the us losing its world position ...i dont see that...the entire global economy is adjusting....shit happens...we live in interesting times

I agree that we live in interesting times. Isn't everytime an interesting time? well every problem so far has been fixed people who thought it needed to be fixed and did something about it why can we not be those people?

arent we those people? people always want some hero to emerge....to lead...to banish the evils....but we are those people...we are the people who engage in commerce....we buy and sell daily....we are the people who will solve these problems..that is the point seems forgotten by so many...we are all in the same boat....doesnt matter if you are rowing on the left or the right...its the same boat....you can go in circles or you can lay a course right now we are still going in circles....as we have been for many years...

Hello i have noticed some disturbing trends as of late. With the recent release of the U.S.A's tourture notebook (if you will allow me to call it that) as well as N.Korea deciding to test icbms, and the world economy the world seems to be getting worse and worse an unfortunate view but one I think is currently the most realistic. As of yet I haven't seen any realistc ways to fix any of these. What are your views and ideas regarding these problems?

I wouldn't say the world is any worse in terms of levels of "evil." Actually, it's probably better now than it ever has been. However, the world is more interconnected today than it ever has been, and with technology the leaders of nations have powers that would formerly have been thought to be unreachable by mortals. Together these facts mean that not only do we get to see the worst shit that happens in the world live on Fox News, but there is also a greater potential for both interdependence and actions with global consequences. An exciting and perhaps dangerous time, but there's no time or place in the past in which I would rather live.

I dont watch fox or any network but i get ur example. i didnt say anything about evil i just said that as of today the world can be a much better place than it is. with all this interconnectedness shouldn't the lines of communication be more open than before? if people are just willing to sit down and actualy talk about the problems it should be a simple matter of discusing the problem to discusing the solution then it is a simple matter of implamentation. with the amount of people on forums, social networking sites etc. it should be a small matter. i say we need to be the people the governments fear because we are putting the power directly in the hands of the people.

I dont watch fox or any network but i get ur example. i didnt say anything about evil i just said that as of today the world can be a much better place than it is.

For sure, yet it has always been that way. But is America and most of the world better today than 50, 100, or 200 years ago? I'd say it definitely is. In 1950 spousal rape was the norm, but like most social problems it was swept under the rug. It wasn't even illegal til decades later.

with all this interconnectedness shouldn't the lines of communication be more open than before?

They are, but communication doesn't always create agreement or even understanding. Ideology and lies still get in the way.

if people are just willing to sit down and actualy talk about the problems it should be a simple matter of discusing the problem to discusing the solution then it is a simple matter of implamentation. with the amount of people on forums, social networking sites etc. it should be a small matter. i say we need to be the people the governments fear because we are putting the power directly in the hands of the people.

I fear the people as much as the governments, neither have proven to be especially rational or fair to those they have power over. I place a lot of blame on religions, but there is more to it than that.

if people are just willing to sit down and actualy talk about the problems it should be a simple matter of discusing the problem to discusing the solution then it is a simple matter of implamentation. with the amount of people on forums, social networking sites etc. it should be a small matter. i say we need to be the people the governments fear because we are putting the power directly in the hands of the people.

I fear the people as much as the governments, neither have proven to be especially rational or fair to those they have power over. I place a lot of blame on religions, but there is more to it than that.
well as far as rational goes there is no such thing as rational just the illusion of rationality as viewed by the general populace just the same as normal.... at least thats what i tell my parents and philo teacher when the tell me to act rationaly and normaly. moving on... humans are incapable of rationality on a whole because well we are just human how ever we can do it for the reason we are all all to familiar with, greed. as long as there is something in it for them people are willing to do it. so all we have to do is have expose the insentive for people and they will be more than willing to cooporate.

Last edited:
Rationality and logic are but tools we humans use to achieve our goals

Emotions are the root motivators of those goals.

Humans are not better or worse than they ever were.

Societies change and perhaps get better (as we define "better") and so humans treat each other differently according to the expectations of their societies.

But human nature? That hasn't changed.

I think we should just blow the whole thing up and start over with the cockroaches.

the concept of saving the world.....there is no real way to do that..there is starvation, thrist, disease, as there has always been...i truly believe that mother nature is trying to rid herself of the parasitic species humans...over population is certianly helping...as are religionous war or conflicts....the list goes on and on...so first thing you do is give up that saving the world concept....worry about you....your family...the people near you.....localize it all.. that is the best any one of us can do... has anyone ever "saved the world"...

in the world i didnt mean just humans i ment the whole world we have a lot more at stake than just our survival if we do die off we should make sure the planet is habitable still after us not inhabitable becuse of us

in the world i didnt mean just humans i ment the whole world we have a lot more at stake than just our survival if we do die off we should make sure the planet is habitable still after us not inhabitable becuse of us

we are not able to influence nature that is the point....we can explode this world to kingdom come and nature will go on...seeds will sprout....life will evolve...
stop thinking so much of youself and the rest of us

That your POV is relative to the here and now, and based on your age.

Too bad you missed the Cold War, the rampant inflation of the 60s, the energy crisis in the early 70s, My-Lai-4, the Iranian Hostage Crisis and a few other notable events that have had people say the same as you before you were born.

the concept of saving the world.....there is no real way to do that..there is starvation, thrist, disease, as there has always been...i truly believe that mother nature is trying to rid herself of the parasitic species humans...over population is certianly helping...as are religionous war or conflicts....the list goes on and on...so first thing you do is give up that saving the world concept....worry about you....your family...the people near you.....localize it all.. that is the best any one of us can do... has anyone ever "saved the world"...

I agree that Mother Nature is either preparing to heal herself or just go out with a bang. Ever hear of the Gaia theory?

Gaia Theory Synopsis

You just have to hope that the next election Obama won't get re-elected.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

we are not able to influence nature that is the point....we can explode this world to kingdom come and nature will go on...seeds will sprout....life will evolve...
stop thinking so much of youself and the rest of us

unfortunatly i cannot belive this we create virusis that can wipe out plants and animals and things of that nature. we can influence nature we are doing it as we speak however its drops in an ocean in order to get noticed you have to make waves.... i cannot stop thinking about us because well its all i got if we just localize and disconnect from the world as you suggested it will only make problems worse from an increased lack of communication if we did that we would destroy the earth in a matter of hours. globilazation and relization is the way to fix things not sit back and enjoy the ride its time to lay new track

sorry for brick-o-text

Forum List

Back