My cousin overdosed on beta blockers.

Anger is often masked feelings of guilt (not that she should feel guilty, but parents, especially moms...guilt is our middle name). Prayers for you guys.

Yes, and she succeeded. She passed about an hour ago. <sigh> Her daughters are 24 and 28. Her granddaughter just turned three today...I feel sorry for my cousin Emily. Her mom dying (from suicide, no less) on her daughter's birthday? Her mom was the well-loved 'black sheep' of the family (who was never excluded from anything, but you know what I mean). My mom says my aunt can't even cry yet. She told my mom, "I just keep thinking about when I brought her home from the hospital and all I can remember are her little feet."

:(

Oh, no. I'm so sorry. I shall keep your family in my prayers.

Because if she had killed herself, my aunt could've sympathized somehow...she was taking control of something. I don't know. I think everyone expected Jenni to go out in a bad way.

But this was an accident?

My aunt is very angry at the moment.

You can expect your aunt to be all over the map for at least a month, if not longer. Grief is a hard walk to take, and overwhelming to a parent losing a child.

Anger is often masked feelings of guilt (not that she should feel guilty, but parents, especially moms...guilt is our middle name). Prayers for you guys.

Thank you. My aunt is being tough and noncommittal at the moment, but she is only talking to my mother. She's having a hard time dealing with anyone. She didn't go to the hospital - she stayed home with my grandmother - and didn't 'say goodbye' (even though Jenni was long gone by then). I am sure she feels all kinds of awful. My aunt has MS and her eyesight is very bad, so she could not have driven to the hospital. I think her son and her granddaughters dropped their kids off at her house and went to the hospital yesterday.

Jenni's daughters are 27 and 25. I cannot imagine signing a DNR for my mother. (I'm 26.)

I'm sure my aunt feels very cooped up and frustrated at sad.

*sigh*

I have been extra cuddly with my son today. <3

Last edited:
Bless your heart. Sending good thoughts to you and yours. I'm so very sorry for your family's loss.

Gracious, as if your poor family hasn't been turned upside down enough times already. Coming to grips with a totally different cause of death than originally thought must be like reliving the nightmare all over again.

I'm just so very, very sorry that this tragedy happened to your family.

Yes, and she succeeded. She passed about an hour ago.
Ah i am so sorry buddy for your loss :(

I hope you can somehow find happiness again
grouphugym7.gif

Forum List

Back