My cousin overdosed on beta blockers.

Yes, and she succeeded. She passed about an hour ago. <sigh> Her daughters are 24 and 28. Her granddaughter just turned three today...I feel sorry for my cousin Emily. Her mom dying (from suicide, no less) on her daughter's birthday? Her mom was the well-loved 'black sheep' of the family (who was never excluded from anything, but you know what I mean). My mom says my aunt can't even cry yet. She told my mom, "I just keep thinking about when I brought her home from the hospital and all I can remember are her little feet."

:(

I can't tell you enough how sorry I am for your pain and your loss. I wish I could reach out and give you hugs, but hopefully, you will feel the thoughts and prayers (((((CitizenPained)))))

Yes, and she succeeded. She passed about an hour ago. <sigh> Her daughters are 24 and 28. Her granddaughter just turned three today...I feel sorry for my cousin Emily. Her mom dying (from suicide, no less) on her daughter's birthday? Her mom was the well-loved 'black sheep' of the family (who was never excluded from anything, but you know what I mean). My mom says my aunt can't even cry yet. She told my mom, "I just keep thinking about when I brought her home from the hospital and all I can remember are her little feet."

:(

Very sorry for you loss...My condolences to you and your family.... :(

Thanks, guys. I feel a little better with my new little 'internet family' reaching out.

Suicide is a painful, terrible thing. Whitehall, I assume with the Rx, she seized and probably suffered some pain and panic before she lost consciousness. They found her unconscious.

Her daughters had to make the DNR call. She coded earlier this morning and they brought her back, but they made the call to not do it again. My cousin was in full heart failure and nothing was going to help.

Her brother and daughters were there when she passed. My aunt was at home with my grandmother. She's in a 'fazed' state at the moment, so Mom is flying out here this weekend to help take care of her sister.

My cousin was doing better. It was a drinking/mental illness thing more now than ever - and she had some bp issues and photosensitive epilepsy that she kept under control...I guess she and her mate got into an argument and she locked herself in the bedroom and did it. I doubt she was fully aware of what she was doing at that moment. She was in pain and she gave up.

But...she's done suffering. I really do feel for the family. And my elderly grandmother! That was her first grandchild. To Oma, Jennifer would always be that innocent kid in pigtails...they're going to tell her that it was an accident and her heart failed. I think that's fair.

Thanks, guys. I feel a little better with my new little 'internet family' reaching out.

Suicide is a painful, terrible thing. Whitehall, I assume with the Rx, she seized and probably suffered some pain and panic before she lost consciousness. They found her unconscious.

Her daughters had to make the DNR call. She coded earlier this morning and they brought her back, but they made the call to not do it again. My cousin was in full heart failure and nothing was going to help.

Her brother and daughters were there when she passed. My aunt was at home with my grandmother. She's in a 'fazed' state at the moment, so Mom is flying out here this weekend to help take care of her sister.

My cousin was doing better. It was a drinking/mental illness thing more now than ever - and she had some bp issues and photosensitive epilepsy that she kept under control...I guess she and her mate got into an argument and she locked herself in the bedroom and did it. I doubt she was fully aware of what she was doing at that moment. She was in pain and she gave up.

But...she's done suffering. I really do feel for the family. And my elderly grandmother! That was her first grandchild. To Oma, Jennifer would always be that innocent kid in pigtails...they're going to tell her that it was an accident and her heart failed. I think that's fair.

Suicide is the ultimate selfish act. I have no sympathy for a woman who would kill herself and leave her body for her children to find. These things have a way of continuing and she gave her kids a sick legacy that might go on and on through future generations. Quit feeling sorry for yourself or her. You need to give those kids some structure before you jerks turn her daughters into the same thing.

Suicide is the ultimate selfish act. I have no sympathy for a woman who would kill herself and leave her body for her children to find. These things have a way of continuing and she gave her kids a sick legacy that might go on and on through future generations. Quit feeling sorry for yourself or her. You need to give those kids some structure before you jerks turn her daughters into the same thing.

How am I a jerk? Her daughters are adults. What is your problem? This thread is not an open invitation for you to bash a (dead) mentally ill woman OR her bereaved family. Kindly go fuck yourself.

I am so very sorry to hear this, CP. Like many here, I too have lost friends (and a few family members), to what is so often a tragic, impulsive act. May God, whatever you conceive Him to be, watch over and comfort you and your family in this time of sorrow.

Inappropriate, cold, and not cool. :shock:

Sorry C.P.
Sadly this will become more and more commonplace as the empire crumbles..
My X brother in law offed himself a couple of years ago when the GM plant he was at shut down. The family still is effected by it........I s'pose forever.

How am I a jerk? Her daughters are adults. What is your problem? This thread is not an open invitation for you to bash a (dead) mentally ill woman OR her bereaved family. Kindly go fuck yourself.

Hey, pay no attention to him. You have more important things to concentrate on. Take care of you, and be there for the rest of your family. And there are plenty of us here, who will listen, so feel free to say anything you wish. And my PM is open to you anytime.

I found out this afternoon that yes, there was a bottle of beta blockers on her nightstand (she takes them regularly), but she did not overdose on them. She had a stroke and an enlarged heart. They found methamphetamines in her system, but it will be a week before we know if it was street meth or just Sudafed.

It sounds like this was not intentional, but the woman still spent decades ruining her body.

sigh. My mom said my aunt now felt worse.

Everyone thought it was suicide, but it may have been an accumulation of very bad mistakes.

It's so sad, and of course she is still gone...but that will make a huge difference to her children and her parents. Yes she made mistakes and bad decisions, but at least she didn't INTENTIONALLY leave them behind.

So sorry for your loss and theirs, it's hard and sad any way you cut it.

I'm not sure why your auntie would feel worse that she accidentally, instead of intentionally, killed herself?

Because if she had killed herself, my aunt could've sympathized somehow...she was taking control of something. I don't know. I think everyone expected Jenni to go out in a bad way.

But this was an accident?

My aunt is very angry at the moment.

Forum List

Back