My cousin overdosed on beta blockers.

CitizenPained

Dissident-Jude
Jul 10, 2011
Denver
:(

She is most likely not going to make it.

My mother and my cousin aren't that far apart in age. They grew up together. My cousin's children - my second cousins - are my age. Their daughters are three and eight (my son is six and a half). The youngest, 'Breezy', turned three today.

This is all kinds of suck.

She was an extremely pretty, smart, and funny girl growing up. She lost her way to drinking, drugs, and mental illness, with the last ten years being better than the previous ten. She's a handful, but she's not a mean woman. It's hard to explain. I love my cousin and I am sympathetic to her suffering.

Ana el na rafa na la (Please God, heal her) was the best comfort I could offer my mother. One, I'm rather ambivalent about God (though I'm hoping for a miracle) and two, what the hell?! Death is awkward. Families are awkward. Crying sniffling blowing your nose into the phone mom is awkward. My grandmother, who lives with my aunt & uncle, is going to take this extremely hard. (They aren't telling her anything yet, which I think is wrong.)

i feel extremely uncomfortable.

I am so very sorry to hear this. I can tell you that I will keep you and yours in my thoughts~

My mother and my cousin aren't that far apart in age. They grew up together. My cousin's children - my second cousins - are my age. Their daughters are three and eight (my son is six and a half). The youngest, 'Breezy', turned three today.

She was an extremely pretty, smart, and funny girl growing up. She lost her way to drinking, drugs, and mental illness, with the last ten years being better than the previous ten. She's a handful, but she's not a mean woman. It's hard to explain. I love my cousin and I am sympathetic to her suffering.

Ana el na rafa na la (Please God, heal her) was the best comfort I could offer my mother. One, I'm rather ambivalent about God (though I'm hoping for a miracle) and two, what the hell?! Death is awkward. Families are awkward. Crying sniffling blowing your nose into the phone mom is awkward. My grandmother, who lives with my aunt & uncle, is going to take this extremely hard. (They aren't telling her anything yet, which I think is wrong.)

Sorry my dear. Horrible.

Yes, and she succeeded. She passed about an hour ago. <sigh> Her daughters are 24 and 28. Her granddaughter just turned three today...I feel sorry for my cousin Emily. Her mom dying (from suicide, no less) on her daughter's birthday? Her mom was the well-loved 'black sheep' of the family (who was never excluded from anything, but you know what I mean). My mom says my aunt can't even cry yet. She told my mom, "I just keep thinking about when I brought her home from the hospital and all I can remember are her little feet."

Last edited:
Yes, and she succeeded. She passed about an hour ago. <sigh> Her daughters are 24 and 28. Her granddaughter just turned three today...I feel sorry for my cousin Emily. Her mom dying (from suicide, no less) on her daughter's birthday? Her mom was the well-loved 'black sheep' of the family (who was never excluded from anything, but you know what I mean). My mom says my aunt can't even cry yet. She told my mom, "I just keep thinking about when I brought her home from the hospital and all I can remember are her little feet."

I am so sorry.
I know the "I can't cry yet" feeling. When my Mom died in January, I was there - went home. Nothing. Next day - and even some days still - basket case.
My prayers are with you and the family darling.
I am sorry.

There is no up-side to O.D.ing on beta blockers. There is no feeling of euphoria. Your heart slows down until your organs quit working or your brain starts to die. It's a messy way to commit suicide.

I'm so sorry. Ana el na rafa na la is sometimes all we got.

*Edit* I am very sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

Well this has destroyed my good mood. I am HORRIBLY sorry. This is tragic. :( Why would someone do this to themselves? I guess when youre on drugs you just dont think well. I am SO very sorry. :( I wish i could so how help. Horrible horrible thing. :(

Forum List

Back