My cousin being forced to purchase health insurance, advice?

Teddy Pollins

Feb 26, 2015
He is a very poor graduate student. His university requires that all students have health insurance, and if he cannot prove to them that he has insurance they will put him on their school insurance (at a cost to the family of $1,033).

Is it possible to get insurance at a lower cost than this? He really can't afford it since Iheonly earn $7,000 annually. How would I go about "shopping" for health insurance? Any piece of advice.

He is a very poor graduate student. His university requires that all students have health insurance, and if he cannot prove to them that he has insurance they will put him on their school insurance (at a cost to the family of $1,033).

Is it possible to get insurance at a lower cost than this? He really can't afford it since Iheonly earn $7,000 annually. How would I go about "shopping" for health insurance? Any piece of advice.
That is cheap insurance. He should be glad the school offers it to him.

BTW, did he vote for Obama?

If he did, fuck him.

He can get it for himself with a subsidy.

None issue, Teddy. Nice try!

Who will pay then?

Student health insurance is available for as little as $20.00 per month. The college should have information on that. Ask them, or do a quick online search.

He should be able to stay on his parents insurance.

Who will pay then?
Probably a working taxpayer, at the expense of his own family.

That is the American way, isn't it, the working taxpayer struggling to feed his family pays for the guy who has a family he can't afford to feed and insure.

If you're gonna attack ObamaCare, learn some facts cuz nobody is dumb enough to fall for this story.

Student health insurance is available for as little as $20.00 per month. The college should have information on that. Ask them, or do a quick online search.
This guy is bitching over a college grad having to pay less than $100 a month to insure his family?

Fuck, what is the world coming to?

He can get it for himself with a subsidy. None issue, Teddy. Nice try!
Who will pay then?
None issue, Teddy. Step along.

Do a gofundme fundraiser for 1,033
Post it to all the Tea Party and conservative groups.
Shoot and post a video or cell phone clip online
and send a link to the President and all members of Congress who signed this bill.

Demand that they pay this insurance, since he didn't consent to this burden.
(start a petition on change.org demanding that whichever Congressional rep voted for this
help pay this bill)

Maybe if you can hit the Memories Pizza crowd, who is sick of liberal politics charged to other people, you could get 4 X your goal.

and send a link to the President and all members of Congress who signed this bill.

(start a petition on change.org demanding that whichever Congressional rep voted for this
help pay this bill)

Maybe if you can hit the Memories Pizza crowd, who is sick of liberal politics charged to other people, you could get 4 X your goal.

Get Hannity to mention it. He's good at getting crazy right wingers to throw their money at anything.

help pay this bill)

This is a troll thread.

$1,033 to insure a family is cheap.

If he can afford graduate school, he can afford insurance.

There are assistantships available, scholarships, loans,etc.

My GF is going to grad school, and getting all three.

Of course, she had the sense never to have children and expect someone else to pay for their insurance.

But like I said, this is a troll thread, this shit ain't happening IRL.

help pay this bill)

Get Hannity to mention it. He's good at getting crazy right wingers to throw their money at anything.
What rightwinger would throw money at a guy with a college education that can't make but $7,000 a year, and has the fuckin' gall to have a family?

help pay this bill)

What rightwinger would throw money at a guy with a college education that can't make but $7,000 a year, and has the fuckin' gall to have a family?

Damn near all of them if Hannity tells them to.

He can get it for himself with a subsidy. None issue, Teddy. Nice try!
Who will pay then?
None issue, Teddy. Step along.

Hey I hope nobody treats my issues that way.
I am struggling to stretch my salary to pay for all kinds of support for two communities
recovering from damages and abuses at the hands of govt. How are those costs any less
important to public security and RIGHTS and equal protections of the laws as health care which can be donated.

Saving the historic structures in my district to create a campus for PROVIDING accessible sustainable health care
is just as much needed to set up long term coverage for the public especially those who can't afford current plans.

Why aren't my expenses paying for that counted as my contribution? Why am I only allowed to buy INSURANCE as the ONLY WAY to qualify for exemption from a tax penalty (that will threaten to take money from two jobs needed to pay OTHER needs for families and volunteers). Health care is not the only urgent need.

If you cannot even pay for housing and cars to work and serve to rebuild our community after it has been decimated by wrongful evictions, demolitions, and desecration of burials and other historic landmarks,
why should we be forced to pay for corporate insurance we can't afford when we have more urgent immediate needs to pay for?

What about our Constitutional rights to assemble in secure, stable conditions, to use our salaries to FEED children in our neighborhood, and to cover costs of volunteer programs, in order to exercise our rights and freedoms.

I only saw one other mention of anyone bringing up the issue of other needs that the same salaries pay for.

Is anyone even listening or caring how this is affecting low income volunteers whose communities are riding on their salaries?

JakeStarkey are you really going to tell me this is a nonissue? Just "let them eat cake?"

help pay this bill)

His Congress did consent, and that's how a republican government works, Emily, and has since 1789.

It's not going to change.

help pay this bill)

Damn near all of them if Hannity tells them to.

And here is Bulldog, trolling for some baggin'. Luddly, help him out!

by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Forum List

Back