• Both parties are equally to blame

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • My country doesn't suck

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
I voted My Country does not Suck.......

......but it could use a little improvement.

The electoral college and the two-party system has our country polarized.

The filibuster abuse is stifling the lawmaking process.

Voter apathy in this country is shameful.

Corporation control of government is corrupting everything from top down.

Politicians spend about a third of their time campaigning for money when their time could be better used legislating.

On the other hand, if you've been around the world and have seen how the majority of the world lives, you'd realize there's no other country on Earth as great as ours. I'm proud to say I'm an American when I'm overseas. I have rarely, if ever, experienced any anti-American sentiment. I know it obviously exists but the people I meet overseas are as interested in me as I am in them.

My country, with all of its many flaws, is still the greatest experiment in Freedom that has ever been attempted in Human history. There is nothing to hate and it doesn't suck.
Almost the same sentiments here. This is a great piece of land to live on, but the management is what sucks. :lol: So I don't agree with the statement "my country sucks" it is too wide a generalization, but I do agree that both "management" parties are equally to blame.

I'd never say "my Country sucks". In fact you have to have a mental capacity of a 14 year old to use the word "sucks" in that context. The difference between surrender monkey democrats and conservative republicans is illustrated by the Tea Party that everyone on the left fears and hates. Tea Party people work within the system to get the best candidates. Worthless hypocritical liberals just complain about the greatest Country in the world and support anarchists like the OWS rabble.

My country doesn't suck but I do blame both parties for it's current state.
Wrong. We're to blame. Us. The American people. Like it or not, we're responsible for the people we elect and we got the government we deserve.
True we are part of the problem as well.
The problem we continue to vote for people that blatantly lie to us, they come from both sides of the 2 party system, yet somehow we still align ourselves with those 2?
Insanity....FWIW, I don't even have faith in the election system anymore..We have only an illusion of choice.

I'd never say "my Country sucks". In fact you have to have a mental capacity of a 14 year old to use the word "sucks" in that context. The difference between surrender monkey democrats and conservative republicans is illustrated by the Tea Party that everyone on the left fears and hates. Tea Party people work within the system to get the best candidates. Worthless hypocritical liberals just complain about the greatest Country in the world and support anarchists like the OWS rabble.

Third one today. Y'all are insatiable.

Layered Brunch Casserole

Ingredients
2 quarts water
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups uncooked grits
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, cut into cubes
1 (7-ounce) can whole kernal corn, drained
2 (4.5-ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
1 (14-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce

1Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 13x9-inch baking pan.2In large saucepan, bring water to a boil; gradually stir in salt and grits. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 1/3 cups cheese.3In bowl, mix SPAM® Classic and corn.4In separate bowl, mix mushrooms and onions.5Spread 1/3 of grits into bottom of baking pan. Top with 1/3 each of spaghetti sauce and SPAM® mixture. Top with 1/3 each of grits and spaghetti sauce and the mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 of grits; spoon remaining 1/3 of spaghetti sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup cheese.6Bake casserole 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Dang that looks good!

Nice.

Get money out of politics & create strict term limits and we could damn well get back on track.

I agree with you 100% regarding getting the money out of politics, but I have problems with term limits. I do think we would be able to come to an accord on them, however. The ability to compromise is essential in moving us forward.

What problems?

Experience lost.

The best thing about this country is that the "system of government" we have is self-correcting, provided we have a well-informed republic. Unfortunately, we're far from that.

I agree with you 100% regarding getting the money out of politics, but I have problems with term limits. I do think we would be able to come to an accord on them, however. The ability to compromise is essential in moving us forward.

What problems?

Experience lost.

I can understand that, but I just don't think that any of these people are special or irreplaceable. There would be some downside, sure, but on balance it would be a net positive.

Aside from the fact that most of these people are bought off, they have to spend their whole term fundraising, and they lose damn near a year of their term campaigning.

These people are not royalty. They're supposed to be public servants. Serve a term and get the hell out. No pension, either.

'My Country, may she always be right, but my Country right or wrong' (perhaps not an exact quote - but you get the message)

I know the original includes "in her intercourse with other nations" but that's usually left out.

Forum List

Back