My comment, then dead silence

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Most of my family are Progressive: wife, sons and their significant others. I blame the schools. One day my younger one was telling me about the imaginary greatness of FDR so I had to give him his first set of facts on FDR...anywho.

My wife volunteers in the County and they recently had a singalong event at a place that was holding "immigrant children separated from their families" (I suggested that they sing "I Want to be in America" from West Side Story - not well received) Heart wrenching stuff.

After hearing that the conversation turned to my son's significant other who is here from Spain on a 90 day visa that ends late December. It's going to be really bad when that day comes. We were talking about that around the dinner table - how we're not looking forward to C heading back to Spain, when I said, "we'll maybe he can just stay here illegally"

Dead

Fucking

Silence

Most of my family are Progressive: wife, sons and their significant others. I blame the schools. One day my younger one was telling me about the imaginary greatness of FDR so I had to give him his first set of facts on FDR...anywho.

My wife volunteers in the County and they recently had a singalong event at a place that was holding "immigrant children separated from their families" (I suggested that they sing "I Want to be in America" from West Side Story - not well received) Heart wrenching stuff.

After hearing that the conversation turned to my son's significant other who is here from Spain on a 90 day visa that ends late December. It's going to be really bad when that day comes. We were talking about that around the dinner table - how we're not looking forward to C heading back to Spain, when I said, "we'll maybe he can just stay here illegally"

Dead

Fucking

Silence

“we'll maybe he can just stay here illegally"

“He”?

Dead

Fucking

Silence

“He”?

Yup

Dead

Fucking

Silence

“He”?

Yup

Gotcha...that kinda explains the Progressive by default thing.

Too bad we can't hear their side of the story ...

If your arguments are anything like they are here....you are shooting blanks

Forum List

Back