CDZ My child's right to a safe school versus your right to guns

upload_2018-3-2_9-16-26.png

Teachers are required to take reasonable care to ensure that their students do not meet with foreseeable injury.

Right, which is a lot different than providing security. Making sure your student doesn't jump up and down on their desk is wildly different than jumping in front of a mass shooter to take bullets for their kids.

Teachers have a duty to protect the children, in their care, from foreseeable risks of injury or harm. The standard of care is that of a reasonably prudent parent.

Since when!? That duty is one you completely imagined on your own. Which is why none of you have been able to actually prove this assertion true using contracts and laws. Instead, you fall back on what you perceive to be true but only because you've been conditioned to think that. Prior to Columbine, the belief that teachers are responsible for the safety of their students was non existent. Post-Columbine, that became the case only because parents were too lazy or cowardly to confront the social issues that cause students to be unsafe.

School shootings are a foreseeable risk, and has been for many years now. Apparently, school administrators figure it is cheaper and easier to pay off the law suits than fix the broken system up front.

A foreseeable risk that wasn't caused by teachers, but rather by Conservatives and lazy parents who don't want to do anything to reform the gun laws and instead want to foist responsibility on educators whose only job is to educate.

Most of the gun in Honduras came from the United States.

So you hold up Honduras as some kind of proof of something, leaving your entire argument open to a devastating broad-side attack.

That attack being that gun crime in Honduras is because our guns end up there.

Yeah Obama did a great job in Fast and Furious too until he got caught and then killed Brian Terry while he was at it.

Either way Switz. makes it so their population is armed and they do have the lowest crime rates in the world. Everyone has to have a gun. Imagine that.

So you hold up Honduras as some kind of proof of something, leaving your entire argument open to a devastating broad-side attack.

Read more about Switzerland’s success, and what the United States can do to emulate that success in my series The Armed American Family, Parts I, II, III, IV, V, and VI.

VIDEO: Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate In The World

Yeah Obama did a great job in Fast and Furious too until he got caught and then killed Brian Terry while he was at it.

A program that started with Bush with the intent of figuring out how American guns end up in countries like Honduras.

Either way Switz. makes it so their population is armed and they do have the lowest crime rates in the world. Everyone has to have a gun. Imagine that.

Switzerland has crazy strict rules for guns. So if you want to hold up Switzerland as the example, fine. Just be cognizant of what it is their gun laws actually entail because I'm 100% certain you'd oppose those rules here.

Assuming of course you're even an American and not some Russian troll pretending to be an American. Which you probably are since your profile was created in the middle of the Russian troll efforts, and you rely and use memes created by Russian trolls.

Read more about Switzerland’s success, and what the United States can do to emulate that success in my series The Armed American Family, Parts I, II, III, IV, V, and VI.

VIDEO: Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate In The World

Maybe read about Switzerland's gun laws before thinking they prove your assertion.

Now you're calling stuff up again. I specifically did NOT say we should arm teachers. That's just you making up crap again.

If I misunderstood your position, I apologize. I thought you were arguing for arming teachers. If you're now saying you don't support that, then great.

I make a clear distinction between ARMING teachers, which carries with it the idea of supplying weapons to unqualified teachers and expecting them to become Rambo, and ALLOWING qualified teachers that are already familiar with their weapons, familiar with existing gun laws, and have a CC permit to go through additional training to carry their weapon in school. That teacher would then be expected to guard the door to his classroom, not be shooting into a crowded hall way.

That position is continually mischaracterized as the former. I suspect that is because those doing the misharacterization believe it to be an easier target.

I make a clear distinction between ARMING teachers, which carries with it the idea of supplying weapons to unqualified teachers and expecting them to become Rambo, and ALLOWING qualified teachers that are already familiar with their weapons, familiar with existing gun laws, and have a CC permit to go through additional training to carry their weapon in school. That teacher would then be expected to guard the door to his classroom, not be shooting into a crowded hall way.

There's no distinction there. Both the "armed teachers" in GA and UT, who discharged their weapons over the last week, were both long time gun owners.

So you do support arming teachers. So why did you say you didn't?

This is just "No true Scotsman".

That position is continually mischaracterized as the former. I suspect that is because those doing the misharacterization believe it to be an easier target.

Because it's the same position. You say you don't support arming teachers, then you say you do.

FFS.

I would posit that the very fact that the teachers and other school employees are walking around with guns would very likely deter a would-be shooter in the 1st place.

I agree. These school shooters are cowards who want to target lambs that won't or can't fight back. That is why they target schools and children at school. They are a PERFECT target for this type of lunacy. These liberals seem to be under the mistaken impression that these are spur of the moment type events too. They aren't. These loons usually plan out their massacres weeks or months in advance of carrying them out. A few inconvenient gun control laws aren't going to do much when you are putting in THAT kind of effort to kill people and break the MOST cardinal rule of all.

When someone can kill 58 people and wound 900 with a baseball bat in 60 seconds, then I'll happily talk about bat control and bat insurance. Until that time comes, congrats on making the world's shittiest, stupidest point.

Yes when someone kills people it is the fault of other people who were hundreds or thousands of miles away just because those people happen to own a gun.

A gun that they didn't secure safely. A gun that was stolen from them right under their nose. A gun they thought they responsibly secured, but didn't.

So how are you making the case that gun owners are responsible people?

Some aren't most are just like with everything else in life but morons like you can't see that because you are only capable of thinking in 2 dimensions

And FYI if a house is locked everything inside it is secure

derp, parents do not care for your type of thinking, so continue being a voice crying in the wilderness, if you want.t makes not a bit of difference.
What a shocker that parents don't want to be held responsible for their kids, or their kids' safety. Seriously, color me shocked at that.
Color me in laughter! That logic does not compute.

When someone can kill 58 people and wound 900 with a baseball bat in 60 seconds, then I'll happily talk about bat control and bat insurance. Until that time comes, congrats on making the world's shittiest, stupidest point.

Yes when someone kills people it is the fault of other people who were hundreds or thousands of miles away just because those people happen to own a gun.

A gun that they didn't secure safely. A gun that was stolen from them right under their nose. A gun they thought they responsibly secured, but didn't.

So how are you making the case that gun owners are responsible people?
Who stole the gun ?? A leftist mental case maybe ?? Goes back to the break down of society doesn't it ?? Fix that, and guns go back to being inanimate objects that are used mainly for sport instead of for defense against those who steal other people's guns or use any sharp or blunt objects to kill people with. We have a society breakdown going on, and you want to disarm the public in the midst of it all ?? Don't think so.

Derp, you are wrong, period.

Teachers have had the safety of their students as one of their obligations for a long, long time in schools.

No, they don't. It's a responsibility lazy parents foisted on them that isn't part of their job. The persons responsible for the safety of students are the administrators and the principals, not the teachers. Teachers are responsible for teaching, not for taking bullets for their kids. That's literally the reason they're called "teachers" and not "security guards".
Your opinion is based in your false understanding of the reality of public schools.

You can say it all you want and that won't make it any more right.

You're foisting a responsibility onto teachers that they simply don't have. Which is why you haven't been able to post any law or anything that supports your argument. That's all.

It's not a teacher's job to take bullets for their kids; it's a teacher's job to educate.
. You are right, it's not a teachers job to take bullet's for his or her kids, but if the bullets come then I garantee you that they would take that bullet just like the coach did. The thing is this, that coach would tell you right now from his grave if he could, that if he would have had a gun he would have used it without hesitation, and he would have tried to save as many as he could have including himself. Ignoring who was shooting the gun, and focusing on the gun itself, just opens the doorway to more killers who are sick in the head these days. You ought to be ashamed of yourself for going down the road you are on, because it fixes nothing.

Derp, you are wrong, period.

Teachers have had the safety of their students as one of their obligations for a long, long time in schools.

No, they don't. It's a responsibility lazy parents foisted on them that isn't part of their job. The persons responsible for the safety of students are the administrators and the principals, not the teachers. Teachers are responsible for teaching, not for taking bullets for their kids. That's literally the reason they're called "teachers" and not "security guards".

Teachers are required to take reasonable care to ensure that their students do not meet with foreseeable injury. Teachers have a duty to protect the children, in their care, from foreseeable risks of injury or harm. The standard of care is that of a reasonably prudent parent.

The same requirements go right up the chain to the people who run the school systems. Schools have been failing in that category just as much as they have been failing in just about every category.

School shootings are a foreseeable risk, and has been for many years now. Apparently, school administrators figure it is cheaper and easier to pay off the law suits than fix the broken system up front.
Yes like any other government run bullcrap, it ain't coming out of their personal pockets, so it is cheaper in their sad thinking to just open up the taxpayers coffers, and pay off the lawsuits. Then it's back to business as usual. Pathetic.

.Matters not where any guns come from, but what matters is if you have an armed society that won't take to lightly to a criminal taking a gun and killing people with it. You see, now here in the USA we don't take to kindly to people thinking that we are a bunch of defenseless government dependent sheeple for whom depend on the government for everything including our protection, so we are our first line of defense, then the cops arrive. It's over officer, he's dead and we are safe.

There's no distinction there. Both the "armed teachers" in GA and UT, who discharged their weapons over the last week, were both long time gun owners.

So you do support arming teachers. So why did you say you didn't?

This is just "No true Scotsman".

Because it's the same position. You say you don't support arming teachers, then you say you do.

FFS.

Incorrect. I've seen you use the term and immediately tie it to giving teachers guns. Not the same thing.

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

We need to find a way to break that access link between a nut and a gun.

We need to identify the first problem, which is

28055684_10157113972798626_1592330457764003957_n.jpg
If the Mental Health in GA had put the nut in a room and treated the Mental illness he has no one would have died this I would bet the kid has shown mental illness a long time ago. I also be the kid has moved from school to school do to problems....Anyone want to bet?

Forum List

Back