CDZ My child's right to a safe school versus your right to guns

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

We need to find a way to break that access link between a nut and a gun.

We need to identify the first problem, which is

28055684_10157113972798626_1592330457764003957_n.jpg

You are blowing against the wind, Jake. Gun nuts will not relinquish their toys, and the messages they get through their tin foil hats warns them that they must be prepared for the black helicopters and New World Order when they come in the night.

they don't need to relinquish their toys... they have to get out of the way so people who shouldn't have guns, don't get them.

The only ones actually allowing criminals to get guns are the democrats....they keep reducing sentences for violent criminals.....and gun criminals.......they are doing that, not the NRA, not Republicans...

Read this.....the democrats are allowing violent gun offenders back out to shoot people, not Republicans...

California Democrats hate the gun, not the gunman – Orange County Register

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

supplying a firearm to a gang member,

l
felon obtaining a firearm,

discharging a firearm on school grounds

[

You're absolutely right --- they had all this information.

The question is, though - what do you do about it? They can't arrest a person until AFTER he commits a crime. Thinking about doing it isn't illegal. We can't force him to mental health care - we can't put him in a facility. (The ACLU took care of that - remember sanitariums?)

Everybody knew it - everybody reported to the authorities? But, what tools have we given authorities to respond?

None. We would rather just let people die because of a fear of lawsuits. that mentality, and the legal 'profession' itself, needs to be reigned in. It's beyond ridiculous.

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

You are blowing against the wind, Jake. Gun nuts will not relinquish their toys, and the messages they get through their tin foil hats warns them that they must be prepared for the black helicopters and New World Order when they come in the night.

they don't need to relinquish their toys... they have to get out of the way so people who shouldn't have guns, don't get them.

Been a lot of people, judged by the SSA as mentally incompetent because they can't do their own finances, going on mass shooting sprees?

if you need a guardian to handle your finances, the default position should be that you probably shouldn't have a gun.

are there a lot of people with guardians who want guns? how many? what are the problems which resulted in a guardianship proceeding and the grant of the guardianship order?

The only ones actually allowing criminals to get guns are the democrats....they keep reducing sentences for violent criminals.....and gun criminals.......they are doing that, not the NRA, not Republicans...

Read this.....the democrats are allowing violent gun offenders back out to shoot people, not Republicans...

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

l

the "democrats" are violent? but not white Christian supremacists or the wife beaters?

and no matter how hysterical you make yourself sound by using bolded caps, it doesn't make your assertion any less absurd

:rofl:
'

Why is that?

l

the "democrats" are violent? but not white Christian supremacists or the wife beaters?

'

Which party is letting violent criminals out of jail in our major cities? The democrats......and these criminals are the ones murdering the most people in this country, not the rare mass public shooters...

This shooter was identified to the FBI....this shooter had 39 previous contacts with local police over domestic issues relating to mental health....so tell us.....how do you actually get law enforcement to do their job?
C'mon - you know how the law works. You actually have to COMMIT a crime in order to be arrested/restricted.
Why did the FBI slow walk the reports on this guy?
He took his rifle to school in a soft case to that school using Uber.
Is that a NORMAL Uber run?
He posted an open threat 6 months ago and no mental health check?

How many people missed this despite the complaints of friends, teachers and staff?

You're absolutely right --- they had all this information.

The question is, though - what do you do about it? They can't arrest a person until AFTER he commits a crime. Thinking about doing it isn't illegal. We can't force him to mental health care - we can't put him in a facility. (The ACLU took care of that - remember sanitariums?)

Everybody knew it - everybody reported to the authorities? But, what tools have we given authorities to respond?
But he HAD committed a crime!
Assault is the THREAT to do harm.
Battery is the ACT of doing harm!
He was guilty of assault by posting the comment.

So much for his freedom of speech ....

It's got nothing to do with guns, dumb ass ... but I recognize that's a convenient foil for you, so you don't have to face reality.

im-sorry-to-have-to-tell-you-this-buttercup-but-17169485.png

My child has a constitutional right to get to school safely, therefore, all drivers must be alcohol and drug free or we will confiscate all automobiles.
Quote) NO, but you must have a drivers lic & pass a written & driving test.

Been a lot of people, judged by the SSA as mentally incompetent because they can't do their own finances, going on mass shooting sprees?

if you need a guardian to handle your finances, the default position should be that you probably shouldn't have a gun.

are there a lot of people with guardians who want guns? how many? what are the problems which resulted in a guardianship proceeding and the grant of the guardianship order?

:290968001256257790-final:

Why?

unlikely they're going to do more than defend themselves.
If they are that bad off, they likely have problems finding the front door, much less some place where a lot of people congregate.

But, go ahead...

tell some old codger he can't purchase a firearm to defend himself, because he can't handle his finances.

How do we know whose child is going to shoot up a school? I believe that for children living at home even if they are over 18, parents should bear criminal responsibility in cases like this.

maybe if the NRA and it's idiot brigade stopped fighting background checks...

and maybe if Donald hadn't made it easier for mentally ill people to get guns....

:cuckoo:
More XXXXXXX ... it never ceases.

NRA does not oppose background checks.

Donald made it easier for mentally ill people to get guns .... just how do you propose he did that?

(This ought to be interesting -- a piece of fiction worthy of the name)

Last edited by a moderator:
How do we know whose child is going to shoot up a school? I believe that for children living at home even if they are over 18, parents should bear criminal responsibility in cases like this.

and maybe if Donald hadn't made it easier for mentally ill people to get guns....

More bullshit ... it never ceases.

Donald made it easier for mentally ill people to get guns .... just how do you propose he did that?

that is a lie

Pathetic NRA Excuses For Opposing Background Checks

Opinion: Why the NRA fights background checks - CNN

the first bill Donald signed into law was a bill to

Last February, Trump signed a bill making it easier for people with mental illness to buy guns

Trump signs bill revoking Obama-era gun checks for mental illness

FACT CHECK: Did President Trump Revoke Gun Background Checks for Mentally Ill People?

If you are going to get all het up and start ranting and raving, you should probably tell the truth occasionally.

Reality try it... it's an important construct

So if you take my guns, how is that going to protect your child? My guns have never shot a child. You have me confused with the mentally unbalanced, who can shoot your child, even if you take my guns.
Look to Chicago for an example of gun control.
Stop exploiting mental instability to remove American's right to protect ourselves.
Where did I say remove guns? We need to figure out how to break the link of access between guns and crazies.

Problem is everyone suffers from some form of mental illness, so you wanting to prevent every mentally ill person from owning a firearm mean you want to outlaw firearms and remove the Second Amendment from the Constitution.

Also you can not guarantee your child safety even if you were able to ban firearm sales and ownership. Individuals that want to kill will turn to trucks and bombs and then what Jake?

See it is amazing there are already laws on the books to handle those that do things like murder but Progressives like you want more laws and when those laws fail you will want more and more until the American Citizen live under a Iron Fist.

So if you want your child to be safe at school then you should work with the local school district and local law enforcement to help curb the violence that we are seeing and leave the Second Amendment alone.

Now you will disagree and proclaim I am another NRA nut but I live in reality and even you suffer from mental illness like every other human, so should your rights be deny just because you might snap one day?

Why is that?

l

and no matter how hysterical you make yourself sound by using bolded caps, it doesn't make your assertion any less absurd

'

Do you intentionally misinterpret what is posted in order to forward your political agenda?

Never mind -- the answer is obvious.

no, but you sure do.

read my post above, for reality check. although I'm sorry to kill your fun going after people who actually have facts.

have fun.

reality check?

you've already proven you have no idea about the reality of the EO Trump rescinded.

Why is that?

l

'

Do you intentionally misinterpret what is posted in order to forward your political agenda?

no, but you sure do.

read my post above, for reality check. although I'm sorry to kill your fun going after people who actually have facts.

have fun.

reality check?

you've already proven you have no idea about the reality of the EO Trump rescinded.

a little rude there for the CDZ, bubbalah.

and I posted links. and responded. and I'm still waiting for you to prove your fallacious assertions.

you might want to click on the snopes link I posted so you have some semblance of factual accuracy. you can try rebutting snopes.

So you're saying ALL school teachers MUST be armed with AR-15's ?

Would you settle for only a few at each school being able to carry concealed semi-auto hand guns?

Why is that?

l

'

no, but you sure do.

have fun.

reality check?

and I posted links. and responded. and I'm still waiting for you to prove your fallacious assertions.

you might want to click on the snopes link I posted so you have some semblance of factual accuracy. you can try rebutting snopes.

I don't need the link from Snopes to prove you have no clue about the EO Trump rescinded.

and snopes has been proven wrong more than once.

'

no, but you sure do.

have fun.

reality check?

I don't need the link from Snopes to prove you have no clue about the EO Trump rescinded.

and snopes has been proven wrong more than once.

in other words, you'll continue to refuse to tell the truth.

please advise as to when snopes has been "proven wrong more than once".

and I am still waiting for that information you claim to be concerned about regarding guardianship subjects.

More bullshit ... it never ceases.

that is a lie

Pathetic NRA Excuses For Opposing Background Checks

Opinion: Why the NRA fights background checks - CNN

the first bill Donald signed into law was a bill to

Last February, Trump signed a bill making it easier for people with mental illness to buy guns

Trump signs bill revoking Obama-era gun checks for mental illness

FACT CHECK: Did President Trump Revoke Gun Background Checks for Mentally Ill People?

If you are going to get all het up and start ranting and raving, you should probably tell the truth occasionally.

Reality try it... it's an important construct

You give me "opinion pieces" [political speak for propaganda], that tell the same lies you posted? That's it? Did you bother to go to the NRA website, and find out that 74% of all NRA members support, not only background checks - but EXPANDED background checks?

Probably not, huh?

As for this "Trump makes it easier for people with mental illness to get guns" BS ... again, you didn't do your research, did you?

Trump reversed the "Obama rule" - it was an illegal incursion into individual rights, challenged 11 times by the ACLU, that opened access to ALL Social Security records so they could "search" to see if someone receiving Social Security was also receiving mental health treatment. The courts forced it.

In fact, the "Obama rule" circumvented current law, thus why the courts ordered it removed.

Conveniently forgot that stuff, didn't you?

Oh wait --- you didn't actually DO the research. You relied on liberal propaganda, didn't you?

Aren't you embarrassed?

You should be.

Forum List

Back