CDZ My child's right to a safe school versus your right to guns

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

We need to find a way to break that access link between a nut and a gun.

We need to identify the first problem, which is

28055684_10157113972798626_1592330457764003957_n.jpg

That's called a logical fallacy ---- gun control will not ensure your child is safe at school. Identification and control of those disturbed individuals who may do this will.

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

Well, at least you have your right to a false dichotomy, Jake.

I'm just glad I still have my right to point that out.

It was the left who opposed armed guards at the schools.

WillowTree: My child has a constitutional right to get to school safely, therefore, all drivers must be alcohol and drug free or we will confiscate all automobiles.

We regulate drivers who operate vehicles under DUI. We need to figure out how to regulate crazies so they can't get guns.

So if you take my guns, how is that going to protect your child? My guns have never shot a child. You have me confused with the mentally unbalanced, who can shoot your child, even if you take my guns.
Look to Chicago for an example of gun control.
Stop exploiting mental instability to remove American's right to protect ourselves.
Where did I say remove guns? We need to figure out how to break the link of access between guns and crazies.

Anybody else notice these left wing crazies constantly run around babbling all about how outlawing drugs and booze didn't work, but then they claim it will work with guns? lol lol lol they just can't be taken seriously, about anything.

Why did the FBI slow walk the reports on this guy?
He took his rifle to school in a soft case to that school using Uber.
Is that a NORMAL Uber run?
He posted an open threat 6 months ago and no mental health check?

How many people missed this despite the complaints of friends, teachers and staff?

Well, at least you have your right to a false dichotomy, Jake.

I'm just glad I still have my right to point that out.
You do not understand "dichotomy." How do we stop crazies from accessing guns?

How many people missed this despite the complaints of friends, teachers and staff?

And local cops had been to his home 39 times......on domestic disturbances with mental health issues........

Notice the NRA nuts have moved the OP from "how do we break the access between crazies and guns" to "you want to take away my guns."

Are you who support that all crazies?

I made my point.

The irresponsible NRA types can't answer the logical question, while good 2dA supporters have made some good points.

Thank you all.

And local cops had been to his home 39 times......on domestic disturbances with mental health issues........
39 visits SHOULD have put him on the no buy list! Who failed to follow the existing law and do that?

This shooter was identified to the FBI....this shooter had 39 previous contacts with local police over domestic issues relating to mental health....so tell us.....how do you actually get law enforcement to do their job?

Confiscate their guns and put them in prison if they don't ... :thup:

My child has a constitutional right to get to school safely, therefore, all drivers must be alcohol and drug free or we will confiscate all automobiles.
I am curious as to where you find constitutional justification for that, given that government schooling didn't even exist when the constitutional was written.

Not entirely true; some states gave their established churches the power to levy taxes for the purpose of funding schools and other social purposes. One of the reasons the Fed was limited and prevented from doing so is because they never would have agreed on which church would be the national church. Not many were opposed to the states doing so in 1787.

This shooter was identified to the FBI....this shooter had 39 previous contacts with local police over domestic issues relating to mental health....so tell us.....how do you actually get law enforcement to do their job?

by not letting assorted tards and gimps run around suing everybody every time something doesn't suit them.

hearing some 'dem' named 'nellson' on tv , he is calling for outlawing the AR15 and a SigSaur ar15 variant .

39 visits SHOULD have put him on the no buy list! Who failed to follow the existing law and do that?

39 visits should have put him in a padded cell around visit 4. (personal insult removed)

C'mon - you know how the law works. You actually have to COMMIT a crime in order to be arrested/restricted.

You're absolutely right --- they had all this information.

The question is, though - what do you do about it? They can't arrest a person until AFTER he commits a crime. Thinking about doing it isn't illegal. We can't force him to mental health care - we can't put him in a facility. (The ACLU took care of that - remember sanitariums?)

Everybody knew it - everybody reported to the authorities? But, what tools have we given authorities to respond?

Forum List

Back