My Childhood Brainwashing

I don't know the man. Why would you care

You both seem to be chasing your own tails, maybe you'd have fun doing it together.

I'm 77 years old. I retired 17 years ago after 41 years with the same company. One thing I've observed is that when those who have nothing to say...say something, it usually amounts to nothing.

Or at your advanced age you think you know everything and can't hear anything, so it all amounts to the same thing.

You both seem to be chasing your own tails, maybe you'd have fun doing it together.

I'm 77 years old. I retired 17 years ago after 41 years with the same company. One thing I've observed is that when those who have nothing to say...say something, it usually amounts to nothing.

Or at your advanced age you think you know everything and can't hear anything, so it all amounts to the same thing.

LOL...believe it or not I've had my moments

The fear the believers think they have to buy to believe is a part of why its so hard for a rational person to believe.

The fear the believers think they have to buy to believe is a part of why its so hard for a rational person to believe.

It's exactly what religion is all about... primitive mankind's inability to accept his mortality. Also his ignorance and inability to control his developing imagination produced some pretty gaudy tales. I'm a Jack and the Beanstalk man myself.

when logically there is no reason to believe and believers try to threaten you with their packaged religious fears its obvious they dont realise just how silly they souned.

. Your emotional attachment to your morally retarded superstition has your mind closed shut..

What are you talking about?

Your beliefs are based in emotion.

There are no logical reasons to believe in god, there are only emotional ones to do so.

You believe in god for emotional reasons.

That is what Faith is all about.

. Your emotional attachment to your morally retarded superstition has your mind closed shut..

There are no logical reasons to believe in god, there are only emotional ones to do so.

Based on fear instilled in infants and small children then reinforced by authority figures all the way through life. The Catholic church used to have this thing, course it was when I was young some 50-60 years ago. "Give Me A Child Till They're Ten Years Old And I'll Give You A Catholic Forever."

It just occurred to me, "Give Me A Child.".........Almost prophetic.

Last edited:

It's exactly what religion is all about... primitive mankind's inability to accept his mortality. Also his ignorance and inability to control his developing imagination produced some pretty gaudy tales. I'm a Jack and the Beanstalk man myself.

You're just another ignorant fool pretending he understands something he stopped even trying to grasp as a young child.

What are my beliefs? I don't recall posting them here. As for emotion, if you think your pissy attitude and the incredibly obvious insecurity exuded by your type doesn't involve "emotion," you're crazy (which of course...).

when logically there is no reason to believe and believers try to threaten you with their packaged religious fears its obvious they dont realise just how silly they souned.

Faith is as much a part of your life as it is of the adherent of any of the major world religions you lash out against.

Based on fear instilled in infants and small children then reinforced by authority figures all the way through life. The Catholic church used to have this thing, course it was when I was young some 50-60 years ago. "Give Me A Child Till They're Ten Years Old And I'll Give You A Catholic Forever."

How odd then that so many converts are...adults.

If you aren't afraid of dying, there's something wrong with you. And some things, we SHOULD fear. Judgment for all our thoughts and all our actions should be something we all have some concern about, unless you're a mentally ill jackass who thinks he's never done any wrong, ever.

And the people who give some consideration to being better people and repenting their sins..whether or not they believe in God...are the people I want to have around me. They aren't stuck in some adolescent, defiant foot-stomping, ego-building stage that sucks the life out of everyone around them.

It started from my parents and grandparents when I was two...My grandmother telling me "OL' Scratch Will Get You."...my first recollections.

In grammar school I was required to memorize bible verses and pray. Wednesday night prayer meetings in Baptist or primitive Baptist churches. Prayers before every public event.

Add to that nearly forty years in the church until I finally gave up about 15 years ago and knew I wouldn't believe all that BS if I live to 100. 'Course that ain't that far away.

I escaped forced religious indoctrination at 16.

As I said. Stuck forever in a state of adolescent rebellion.

It has to be painful. I'll pray for you.

How odd then that so many converts are...adults.

If you aren't afraid of dying, there's something wrong with you. And some things, we SHOULD fear. Judgment for all our thoughts and all our actions should be something we all have some concern about, unless you're a mentally ill jackass who thinks he's never done any wrong, ever.

And the people who give some consideration to being better people and repenting their sins..whether or not they believe in God...are the people I want to have around me. They aren't stuck in some adolescent, defiant foot-stomping, ego-building stage that sucks the life out of everyone around them.

Why should one be afraid of dying?
It happens to every one, we should just not try and accelerate the timeframe.

If you do not believe in hell there should be no fear of death.

I stopped studying math seriously after only a few years longer than that. I suck at math. I do NOT strut around pretending I understand advanced mathematics and dismiss the entire field out of hand. I do NOT try to tell mathematicians they are being silly just because I stopped learning about it (or even trying to) at a relatively early age. Imagine how much more ridiculous such an attitude would be if I never studied math after the age of 8 or 10. Would my silly subjective view mean that mathematics doesn't really exist or affect our world?

That's almost worth committing to my sig.

As I said, if you don't fear death, good for you. But only an idiot doesn't have some trepidation about it, even if it's just anxiety about how well you'll handle the end.

I know people towards the end of their lives of course often lose a lot of that fear, it's part of the process of dying. But for healthy people not to fear something about death..well those are the people who really have no ties to humankind and life in general.

I'm a brave individual and have survived severe pain and loss in my life; I know I will die as well as anyone, regardless of the manner of my passing and I know that everybody dies. I know I'll go to heaven, so I'm not afraid of what happens after. But I'm a bit nervous about meeting my maker, and I'm a bit nervous about those last minutes or months on earth...I don't believe they're universally pleasant.

I stopped studying math seriously after only a few years longer than that. I suck at math. I do NOT strut around pretending I understand advanced mathematics and dismiss the entire field out of hand. I do NOT try to tell mathematicians they are being silly just because I stopped learning about it (or even trying to) at a relatively early age. Imagine how much more ridiculous such an attitude would be if I never studied math after the age of 8 or 10. Would my silly subjective view mean that mathematics doesn't really exist or affect our world?

A rather pithy strawman there.

Forum List

Back