My cat got away

I have often wondered at the grief that awaits me if my cat is killed or dies.

I have decided from looking at other cat photos that the best thing is to get a new cat that looks like the old cat and name him/her the same name.

Then life goes on.

I have often philosophized if a cat is just a cat or if it is The Cat.

This must be the same way that God feels about each of us, since we are mortal and He/She/It is immortal. Hence They outlive us just as we outlive our own cats.

Last edited:
My cat Snowball has 2 feral girlfriends. They are twin calico's.

He mentioned this to me with much plaintive meowing recently.

They sometimes come to our patio at night and meow for him.

So today I went to the hardware store (Home Depot) and bought 2 large plastic bushel-sized storage baskets with lids. Then I cut doors into them with my hacksaw. Then I put thick soft folded blankets into each one and put on the lids, and set them both out on the patio for the girlie kitties.

Then I put out two small bowls of kibbles and a big glass bowl of water for them.

If they stop by again tonight they will probably move in.

Then my cat will be in playboy cat heaven !!!
Those are some of life's warmer moments.

I have often wondered at the grief that awaits me if my cat is killed or dies.

I have decided from looking at other cat photos that the best thing is to get a new cat that looks like the old cat and name him/her the same name.

Then life goes on.

I have often philosophized if a cat is just a cat or of it is The Cat.

This must be the same way that God feels about each of us, since we are mortal and He/She/It is immortal. Hence They outlive us just as we outlive our own cats.
What you're describing is love -- for a cat, a dog, or another human being. They always will seem to be irreplaceable.

So today I went to the hardware store (Home Depot) and bought 2 large plastic bushel-sized storage baskets with lids. Then I cut doors into them with my hacksaw. Then I put thick soft folded blankets into each one and put on the lids, and set them both out on the patio for the girlie kitties.

Then I put out two small bowls of kibbles and a big glass bowl of water for them.

Your cat would surely have been in love with my pomponette, she is beautiful.
100_0459-44d220d.jpg

I wish to find her in paradise

View attachment 160396
She's so beautiful.

View attachment 160396
She's so beautiful.
Thank you so much

Forum List

Back