My cat got away

My kitten was at risk until his big appointment at 10 weeks to get neutered. That's when I had the vet implant a chip. Then I filled out the forms online to register him for the USA.

He's not going to Canada or Mexico anytime soon.

When he was big enough I also got him a flea collar and wrote his name and my phone number on it in black ink.

He also has a city pet license with a registration number and so the animal control agency has him on record too.

All of these measures depend on him being found and caught by another human however. He is very hard to catch and he runs away from everyone except for me. So these measures are simply passive and may not work.

But last night as usual he wanted to go outside so after 10 p.m. when the dog walkers are all in bed with their dogs and the traffic is very lite, I let him out.

He came back 4 hours later on his own, then meowed to wake me and tell me he was back.

He is such a good kitty !!

And it took a while to teach him about the new neighborhood so he knows his way around. This is the critical factor. It is more important than a chip or a collar.
Yes, your cat is obedient and used to go outside to get back to you at night, I find it nice and touching :). I did not intend to let her go outside. Why some people leave their cat Free outdoors and others prefer their cat inside?:dunno:
And it is said that indoor cats live older, is this true?

It could be that your cat Dalia did not like the food or the apartment or being confined and so she left on her own and does not plan to come back.

You never know.

Cat's only come back if they are happy there.

My kitty is very happy but he needs some freedom too.

He has 2 feral girlfriends and he also likes to chase birds and field mice.
My pomponette was rotten spoiled, she had a paté a day and cat treats, she had two cat trees. And much love going from my part, she was happy.

Why some people leave their cat Free outdoors and others prefer their cat inside?:dunno:
My cat is an outdoor cat by his choice. I actually have two. Prince Harry was a "feral" (though not really) who adopted me. I live in a small town and everybody around has large properties. He like to roam and be outside. He has a cat door to come and go (he likes to snack every two hours all night). He only sleeps inside when it's very cold or raining.

Yes, indoor cats are safer and live longer, but he lives a happy life doing his cat things.

My pomponette was rotten spoiled, she had a paté a day and cat treats, she had two cat trees. And much love going from my part, she was happy.
Fear drove her out, once outside. The new outdoor environment spooked her.

Why some people leave their cat Free outdoors and others prefer their cat inside?:dunno:
My cat is an outdoor cat by his choice. I actually have two. Prince Harry was a "feral" (though not really) who adopted me. I live in a small town and everybody around has large properties. He like to roam and be outside. He has a cat door to come and go (he likes to snack every two hours all night). He only sleeps inside when it's very cold or raining.

Yes, indoor cats are safer and live longer, but he lives a happy life doing his cat things.
Fear drove her out, once outside. The new outdoor environment spooked her.
He is adorable, we attach so much to the way that they are
My pomponette is like Prince Harry wild but not really, she does not like people at all just me.
You have two cats which is a good thing the cat alone could be bored, my pomponette was perhaps bored and she wanted to leave.
Before she fled I thought to take another cat but I would not have had the choice to take a male kitten this is what I was advised for her to accepts the new cat.

Bonsoir, my cat got to the door and got away and did not come back i look everywhere for her .
I put some foods and water at the door outside. but Nothing.
I am so sad...:crybaby:

How long has she been gone?
Since this morning.
I believe she'll be back. Go outside and call her and continue to do so every hour until she shows up. Cats like to explore and when they are inside most of the time they make the most out of their little getaway time.

My pomponette is like Prince Harry wild but not really, she does not like people at all just me.
I think that is the problem. Some cats are easy spooked. She got out, and the strange environment (outdoors), with all the sights and sounds, spooked her, causing her to flee. Because she wasn't familiar with her home from the outside, she was easily lost. Cats can leave for long periods and still return. I hope yours will.

Bonsoir, my cat got to the door and got away and did not come back i look everywhere for her .
I put some foods and water at the door outside. but Nothing.
I am so sad...:crybaby:

How long has she been gone?
Since this morning.
I believe she'll be back. Go outside and call her and continue to do so every hour until she shows up. Cats like to explore and when they are inside most of the time they make the most out of their little getaway time.
Thank you, she is being gone for a long time now almost a month, i go look for her still now but she is gone. i fear the worse since she did not go back at home at the outside door where i put the liter box, foods, and her cat tree

I think that is the problem. Some cats are easy spooked. She got out, and the strange environment (outdoors), with all the sights and sounds, spooked her, causing her to flee. Because she wasn't familiar with her home from the outside, she was easily lost. Cats can leave for long periods and still return. I hope yours will.
She is very frightened, my neighbor saw her and he wanted to go take her to bring her home but she fled when he approached her, and after we never saw her again.:(

It could be that your cat Dalia did not like the food or the apartment or being confined and so she left on her own and does not plan to come back.

You never know.

All the more reason for her to return once she grows tired. My cats are spoiled rotten and stay on the property when we let them outside (only during the day - they have a 5 p.m. curfew). They usually lay around the patio. They also like walking around a waterfall I have out there that is in front of a rock garden / fish pond. They have their favorite trees by the patio. They don't venture very far. I have a wall of growing ivy vines that cover little clay caves they can go to if they feel like sitting incognito. It's a cat's paradise here.

You never know.

Cats do need to have some freedom. I tried keeping my cats indoors but I could tell they were not adapting to it and so we made the outdoor patio a place cats would enjoy being. It worked. Everything about my patio was designed to keep our cats entertained and comfortable. Even our wind chimes are very soft sounding because they don't like loud sounds. We put a waterfall over our fish pond and they love the sound of the water and watching the fish swim around.

They RARELY travel far.
Hello,Death Angel sometime it happen, i wish that my pomponette come back home one day.
I have this story for you. beautiful ending !
A cat call Cookie crosses whole of France to find his mistress

publié le 13/12/2014

View attachment 137694

A cat called Cookie has traveled more than 1000 km from the South-East to the North-West of France to find his mistress. A real solo crossing that lasted a year and a half.
It's almost a Christmas miracle. Cookie has finally found her mistress in Normandy, a thousand kilometers further north and a year and a half later. The cat of Dan Bouchery had disappeared since March 2013 in Grasse, at the other end of France.

Un chat traverse la France entière pour retrouver sa maîtresse
This beautiful black velvet kitty is obviously:

A European
Longhair
Green eyed
Black nosed
Black on white
Snowshoe
Kitty.

But I don't get (1) how and (2) where the cat got away or (3) how the cat found his/her human in a different place ??

Was the owner on vacation and the cat got away during the vacation ??

If so it is uncanny that the cat figured out the way back home.

I give the complete version in English.
I use the translation.

It was Mrs. Bouchery who lost her cat
Dan Bouchery lives in Beaumont-en-Auge, Calvados. One day in February 2013, the owner of the cat moves with his cat to work a few months in Grasse, Alpes-Maritimes. But on the 7th of March, Cookie disappears. His mistress sticks posters of the small black and white animal that has only a few weeks and spreads an announcement in the local press. "I thought they had stolen it," says this Calvadosian in Normandy-Actu.

She had picked up the kitten left on a farm to give it to her son. It is finally she, lovers of the beasts, who keeps Cookie under his roof, and takes it as far as Grasse.
But in the South, for Cookie it is not the life of Pacha. "He did not get used to life in the hotel room in Grasse, he was bored, and Cookie liked the rain and asked to go to the balcony all the time. At first. He seemed to be a dog-cat, very endearing, "says Dan Bouchery.

Without success in his search to find his cat, "April 30, I had to make up to leave without him".
Recovered thanks to its chip
One fine day in August 2014, Dan Bouchery received a call from a veterinarian in Orbec, 40km from his home. He found an animal that would belong to Dan. The little feline carries a microchip, which holds the name of its mistress.
She said: "On October 13, I finally recovered it, it showed a few apprehensions when I found the house, they quickly disappeared to give way to a concert of purrs, and cuddles interminable. To nestle in the attic of the house, where he found his cozy little nest for the day, and at night he lives outside, freely. "
What adventures did Cookie experience and how did he find his way back? A mystery that has enough to inspire his mistress who is a writer and a poet
And as the question had already been asked by HereWeGoAgain this cat actually had a chip. My Pomponette does not have a chip because she a Inside cat.
Ok so it was the CHIP that identified the cat.

This makes perfect sense.

Chips are a good idea. My cat has one too.

And also my cat has a collar that I wrote his name and my cell phone number onto also.
Yes, I regret not having put a collar and a chip on my pomponette but it was not going outside, I also feel guilty of not being able to stop it in time since I had my hands full.
I would regret this moment all my life, it is after we want things to pass differently but it is too late:(
I'm praying for your cat to return, Dalia. I believe she will come back.

You never know.

All the more reason for her to return once she grows tired. My cats are spoiled rotten and stay on the property when we let them outside (only during the day - they have a 5 p.m. curfew). They usually lay around the patio. They also like walking around a waterfall I have out there that is in front of a rock garden / fish pond. They have their favorite trees by the patio. They don't venture very far. I have a wall of growing ivy vines that cover little clay caves they can go to if they feel like sitting incognito. It's a cat's paradise here.
You have a very nice property for your cat, my house is very beautiful also i guess I have a large space with plants and flowers no fish pond, fountains and patio for 20 people but unfortunately my cat never know about this environment before.
dalia.jpg

Hello,Death Angel sometime it happen, i wish that my pomponette come back home one day.
I have this story for you. beautiful ending !
A cat call Cookie crosses whole of France to find his mistress

publié le 13/12/2014

View attachment 137694

A cat called Cookie has traveled more than 1000 km from the South-East to the North-West of France to find his mistress. A real solo crossing that lasted a year and a half.
It's almost a Christmas miracle. Cookie has finally found her mistress in Normandy, a thousand kilometers further north and a year and a half later. The cat of Dan Bouchery had disappeared since March 2013 in Grasse, at the other end of France.

Un chat traverse la France entière pour retrouver sa maîtresse
This beautiful black velvet kitty is obviously:

A European
Longhair
Green eyed
Black nosed
Black on white
Snowshoe
Kitty.

But I don't get (1) how and (2) where the cat got away or (3) how the cat found his/her human in a different place ??

Was the owner on vacation and the cat got away during the vacation ??

If so it is uncanny that the cat figured out the way back home.

I give the complete version in English.
I use the translation.

It was Mrs. Bouchery who lost her cat
Dan Bouchery lives in Beaumont-en-Auge, Calvados. One day in February 2013, the owner of the cat moves with his cat to work a few months in Grasse, Alpes-Maritimes. But on the 7th of March, Cookie disappears. His mistress sticks posters of the small black and white animal that has only a few weeks and spreads an announcement in the local press. "I thought they had stolen it," says this Calvadosian in Normandy-Actu.

She had picked up the kitten left on a farm to give it to her son. It is finally she, lovers of the beasts, who keeps Cookie under his roof, and takes it as far as Grasse.
But in the South, for Cookie it is not the life of Pacha. "He did not get used to life in the hotel room in Grasse, he was bored, and Cookie liked the rain and asked to go to the balcony all the time. At first. He seemed to be a dog-cat, very endearing, "says Dan Bouchery.

Without success in his search to find his cat, "April 30, I had to make up to leave without him".
Recovered thanks to its chip
One fine day in August 2014, Dan Bouchery received a call from a veterinarian in Orbec, 40km from his home. He found an animal that would belong to Dan. The little feline carries a microchip, which holds the name of its mistress.
She said: "On October 13, I finally recovered it, it showed a few apprehensions when I found the house, they quickly disappeared to give way to a concert of purrs, and cuddles interminable. To nestle in the attic of the house, where he found his cozy little nest for the day, and at night he lives outside, freely. "
What adventures did Cookie experience and how did he find his way back? A mystery that has enough to inspire his mistress who is a writer and a poet
And as the question had already been asked by HereWeGoAgain this cat actually had a chip. My Pomponette does not have a chip because she a Inside cat.
Ok so it was the CHIP that identified the cat.

This makes perfect sense.

Chips are a good idea. My cat has one too.

And also my cat has a collar that I wrote his name and my cell phone number onto also.
Yes, I regret not having put a collar and a chip on my pomponette but it was not going outside, I also feel guilty of not being able to stop it in time since I had my hands full.
I would regret this moment all my life, it is after we want things to pass differently but it is too late:(
I'm praying for your cat to return, Dalia. I believe she will come back.
Thank you, it will be the best gift ever.

You never know.

You have a very nice property for your cat, my house is very beautiful also i guess I have a large space with plants and flowers no fish pond, fountains and patio for 20 people but unfortunately my cat never know about this environment before.
View attachment 137913
That is a beautiful garden you have there, Dalia! When your cat returns look into these little screened in cat rooms that can be easily constructed on your lawn. That would give her the outdoors without the risk of running away. They also have cat leashes that you could train her to walk around out there and relax. I knew of a woman who had trained her cat to use a cat leash and the cat was fine with it.

I just thought of something. It might help for Dalia to take a pillowcase she has slept on with her scent on it and tie it to a pole in backyard and leave it there. Cats have a keen sense of smell and if the cat picks up her scent it will find its way home.

You never know.

View attachment 137913
That is a beautiful garden you have there, Dalia! When your cat returns look into these little screened in cat rooms that can be easily constructed on your lawn. That would give her the outdoors without the risk of running away. They also have cat leashes that you could train her to walk around out there and relax. I knew of a woman who had trained her cat to use a cat leash and the cat was fine with it.
Thanks for the compliment, when my pomponette was small I tried to put her a collar and a leash to go outside she hated it , she did not want to be tied up.

I just thought of something. It might help for Dalia to take a pillowcase she has slept on with her scent on it and tie it to a pole in backyard and leave it there. Cats have a keen sense of smell and if the cat picks up her scent it will find its way home.
Thank you, She has one of her cat tree outside, I will also put her bed she has a cushion with a cover for sleep she sometimes slept in.

Thanks for the compliment, when my pomponette was small I tried to put her a collar and a leash to go outside she hated it , she did not want to be tied up.
My cat won't take a harness and leash either.

One of my neighbor's cats will. The cat is still a kitten.

I did not start with a harness and leash when my cat was a kitten.

Too late now.

She is very frightened, my neighbor saw her and he wanted to go take her to bring her home but she fled when he approached her, and after we never saw her again.:(
My cat would have run too.

The neighbor is an idiot. He/she should have come and got you right away instead.

Forum List

Back