My cat got away

Well it looks like it has been 4 days now.

In 4 days a cat can travel several miles in the wrong direction.
They RARELY travel far.
Hello,Death Angel sometime it happen, i wish that my pomponette come back home one day.
I have this story for you. beautiful ending !
A cat call Cookie crosses whole of France to find his mistress

publié le 13/12/2014

View attachment 137694

A cat called Cookie has traveled more than 1000 km from the South-East to the North-West of France to find his mistress. A real solo crossing that lasted a year and a half.
It's almost a Christmas miracle. Cookie has finally found her mistress in Normandy, a thousand kilometers further north and a year and a half later. The cat of Dan Bouchery had disappeared since March 2013 in Grasse, at the other end of France.

Un chat traverse la France entière pour retrouver sa maîtresse
This beautiful black velvet kitty is obviously:

A European
Longhair
Green eyed
Black nosed
Black on white
Snowshoe
Kitty.

But I don't get (1) how and (2) where the cat got away or (3) how the cat found his/her human in a different place ??

Was the owner on vacation and the cat got away during the vacation ??

If so it is uncanny that the cat figured out the way back home.

By the way, when they mate, there's usually a couple of males chasing around a female. They can run around for a week or so before they come back.
Plus if the female was not spayed then she is probably nursing kittens right now and cannot leave them for another few months.

Bonsoir, my cat got to the door and got away and did not come back i look everywhere for her .
I put some foods and water at the door outside. but Nothing.
I am so sad...:crybaby:

Seems unusual for a cat to go away for too long. How long have you had the cat?
8 years,
my Pomponette a Norwegian.

100_0463-jpg.92129
Such a beautiful kitty too !!

Dalia after your vigil I firmly believe you should get a new kitty and then train him/her how to find its way home.

You do this by opening your door and going outside with her/him day after day until the kitty remembers the way back.

My kitty was outside last night for 5 hours from 10 pm to 3 a.m.

Usually he comes home around midnight so that's when I went to look for him. But I could not find him. He must have gone on a long foray further than usual.

Well since it was after midnight I could not search the neighborhood for him with my flashlight because the paranoid neighbors would have called the police on me. So I had to wait.

My cat came home finally around 3 a.m. while I was sleeping. I keep the patio door open a small crack so he can squeeze back in.

If you teach them the way home they will follow it on their own when need be.
Hello ,yiostheoy this is a very good advice:), but if I take another cat, I do not think it will go outside. i would be to worry of loosing my cat again.

They RARELY travel far.
Hello,Death Angel sometime it happen, i wish that my pomponette come back home one day.

publié le 13/12/2014

View attachment 137694

A cat called Cookie has traveled more than 1000 km from the South-East to the North-West of France to find his mistress. A real solo crossing that lasted a year and a half.
It's almost a Christmas miracle. Cookie has finally found her mistress in Normandy, a thousand kilometers further north and a year and a half later. The cat of Dan Bouchery had disappeared since March 2013 in Grasse, at the other end of France.

A European
Longhair
Green eyed
Black nosed
Black on white
Snowshoe
Kitty.

But I don't get (1) how and (2) where the cat got away or (3) how the cat found his/her human in a different place ??

I give the complete version in English.
I use the translation.

It was Mrs. Bouchery who lost her cat
Dan Bouchery lives in Beaumont-en-Auge, Calvados. One day in February 2013, the owner of the cat moves with his cat to work a few months in Grasse, Alpes-Maritimes. But on the 7th of March, Cookie disappears. His mistress sticks posters of the small black and white animal that has only a few weeks and spreads an announcement in the local press. "I thought they had stolen it," says this Calvadosian in Normandy-Actu.

She had picked up the kitten left on a farm to give it to her son. It is finally she, lovers of the beasts, who keeps Cookie under his roof, and takes it as far as Grasse.
But in the South, for Cookie it is not the life of Pacha. "He did not get used to life in the hotel room in Grasse, he was bored, and Cookie liked the rain and asked to go to the balcony all the time. At first. He seemed to be a dog-cat, very endearing, "says Dan Bouchery.

Without success in his search to find his cat, "April 30, I had to make up to leave without him".
Recovered thanks to its chip
One fine day in August 2014, Dan Bouchery received a call from a veterinarian in Orbec, 40km from his home. He found an animal that would belong to Dan. The little feline carries a microchip, which holds the name of its mistress.
She said: "On October 13, I finally recovered it, it showed a few apprehensions when I found the house, they quickly disappeared to give way to a concert of purrs, and cuddles interminable. To nestle in the attic of the house, where he found his cozy little nest for the day, and at night he lives outside, freely. "
What adventures did Cookie experience and how did he find his way back? A mystery that has enough to inspire his mistress who is a writer and a poet
And as the question had already been asked by HereWeGoAgain this cat actually had a chip. My Pomponette does not have a chip because she a Inside cat.

You have a beautiful cat, I'm glad it's okay.:)
I could with time perhaps take another cat, yes and a cat that would need a roof.
If you have animal shelters like we do, consider taking one of them. Consider the ones you think no one will want. They will be forever grateful.

I agree we have shelters for cats and dogs and I was seeing for my cat I gave all the information in case my pomponette would end up there. And they have animals that are marked SOS. It is a heartbreak. I love animals much more than humans.

My last Boxer died in my arms about six months ago. Her ashes sit on my mantle along with the last three and she's still my avatar.
Boxers are not the prettiest dogs, but theyre GREAT dogs. They have good "souls."

I wouldnt have any other breed.
My adorable sister is like that, she had dogs and it's always Dachshund and no other breeds:)

file_23020_dachshund-dog-breed.jpg

Dachshund Dog Breed Information, Pictures, Characteristics & Facts - Dogtime

My last Boxer died in my arms about six months ago. Her ashes sit on my mantle along with the last three and she's still my avatar.
Boxers are not the prettiest dogs, but theyre GREAT dogs. They have good "souls."

My adorable sister is like that, she had dogs and it's always Dachshund and no other breeds:)

View attachment 137734

Nothing against your sister or anything but I really dont care for the ankle biter breeds.
I like a dog big enough to rough house with.

I read the whole thread hoping you'd have good news. I am sorry. Your cat still MAY come back. If it doesn't I hope you'll change your mind about taking in another. There are so many that need a good home.

My cat, Prince Harry, was gone for 9 days. I distributed fliers throughout the neighborhood (i offered $100), and when I returned home, THERE HE WAS under a bush! He was badly beaten up by some other animal, and I thought he was going to die, but he made a full recovery!

Here is my little buddy, Prince Harry, a grey Maine Coon:

fzmeiDw.jpg
Awwww. He's a beauty!
Hello Tilly, he is adorable he as big paws and very nice fur.:)

I read the whole thread hoping you'd have good news. I am sorry. Your cat still MAY come back. If it doesn't I hope you'll change your mind about taking in another. There are so many that need a good home.

My cat, Prince Harry, was gone for 9 days. I distributed fliers throughout the neighborhood (i offered $100), and when I returned home, THERE HE WAS under a bush! He was badly beaten up by some other animal, and I thought he was going to die, but he made a full recovery!

fzmeiDw.jpg
Awwww. He's a beauty!

That is a really cool looking cat.
That face reminds me of a lions face.

View attachment 137734

Nothing against your sister or anything but I really dont care for the ankle biter breeds.
I understand, the family does not understand why she likes this kind of dog so much.
I am more cat but I also prefer the small dogs like those of the avatar of Tilly
56137.jpg

fzmeiDw.jpg
Awwww. He's a beauty!

That is a really cool looking cat.
That face reminds me of a lions face.
Yes, it is true a real cool cat.

Bonsoir, my cat got to the door and got away and did not come back i look everywhere for her .
I put some foods and water at the door outside. but Nothing.
I am so sad...:crybaby:

Seems unusual for a cat to go away for too long. How long have you had the cat?
8 years,
my Pomponette a Norwegian.

100_0463-jpg.92129
Such a beautiful kitty too !!
The most beautiful one and Dead Angel cat too :thup:

View attachment 137734

I understand, the family does not understand why she likes this kind of dog so much.
I am more cat but I also prefer the small dogs like those of the avatar of Tilly
56137.jpg
Small dogs are probably more fun than cats.

But I am a cat person now.

They RARELY travel far.

publié le 13/12/2014

View attachment 137694

A European
Longhair
Green eyed
Black nosed
Black on white
Snowshoe
Kitty.

I use the translation.

Dan Bouchery lives in Beaumont-en-Auge, Calvados. One day in February 2013, the owner of the cat moves with his cat to work a few months in Grasse, Alpes-Maritimes. But on the 7th of March, Cookie disappears. His mistress sticks posters of the small black and white animal that has only a few weeks and spreads an announcement in the local press. "I thought they had stolen it," says this Calvadosian in Normandy-Actu.

She had picked up the kitten left on a farm to give it to her son. It is finally she, lovers of the beasts, who keeps Cookie under his roof, and takes it as far as Grasse.
But in the South, for Cookie it is not the life of Pacha. "He did not get used to life in the hotel room in Grasse, he was bored, and Cookie liked the rain and asked to go to the balcony all the time. At first. He seemed to be a dog-cat, very endearing, "says Dan Bouchery.

Without success in his search to find his cat, "April 30, I had to make up to leave without him".
One fine day in August 2014, Dan Bouchery received a call from a veterinarian in Orbec, 40km from his home. He found an animal that would belong to Dan. The little feline carries a microchip, which holds the name of its mistress.
She said: "On October 13, I finally recovered it, it showed a few apprehensions when I found the house, they quickly disappeared to give way to a concert of purrs, and cuddles interminable. To nestle in the attic of the house, where he found his cozy little nest for the day, and at night he lives outside, freely. "
What adventures did Cookie experience and how did he find his way back? A mystery that has enough to inspire his mistress who is a writer and a poet
And as the question had already been asked by HereWeGoAgain this cat actually had a chip. My Pomponette does not have a chip because she a Inside cat.
Ok so it was the CHIP that identified the cat.

This makes perfect sense.

Chips are a good idea. My cat has one too.

And also my cat has a collar that I wrote his name and my cell phone number onto also.

Hello ,yiostheoy this is a very good advice:), but if I take another cat, I do not think it will go outside. i would be to worry of loosing my cat again.
If the cat escapes it needs to know its way home.

You should also get a chip for the cat and put a flea collar on it with the cat's name and your phone number too.

If the cat escapes it needs to know its way home.

You should also get a chip for the cat and put a flea collar on it with the cat's name and your phone number too.
Good advice. Cats are territorial. They seldom wander far, especially when the know their territory. That's why I agree, even an indoor cat should be shown around the home, from the outside. Indoor cats often escape. They need to know their territory.

They RARELY travel far.

publié le 13/12/2014

View attachment 137694

A European
Longhair
Green eyed
Black nosed
Black on white
Snowshoe
Kitty.

I use the translation.

Ok so it was the CHIP that identified the cat.

This makes perfect sense.

Chips are a good idea. My cat has one too.

And also my cat has a collar that I wrote his name and my cell phone number onto also.
Yes, I regret not having put a collar and a chip on my pomponette but it was not going outside, I also feel guilty of not being able to stop it in time since I had my hands full.
I would regret this moment all my life, it is after we want things to pass differently but it is too late:(

My kitten was at risk until his big appointment at 10 weeks to get neutered. That's when I had the vet implant a chip. Then I filled out the forms online to register him for the USA.

He's not going to Canada or Mexico anytime soon.

When he was big enough I also got him a flea collar and wrote his name and my phone number on it in black ink.

He also has a city pet license with a registration number and so the animal control agency has him on record too.

All of these measures depend on him being found and caught by another human however. He is very hard to catch and he runs away from everyone except for me. So these measures are simply passive and may not work.

But last night as usual he wanted to go outside so after 10 p.m. when the dog walkers are all in bed with their dogs and the traffic is very lite, I let him out.

He came back 4 hours later on his own, then meowed to wake me and tell me he was back.

He is such a good kitty !!

And it took a while to teach him about the new neighborhood so he knows his way around. This is the critical factor. It is more important than a chip or a collar.

It could be that your cat Dalia did not like the food or the apartment or being confined and so she left on her own and does not plan to come back.

You never know.

Cat's only come back if they are happy there.

My kitty is very happy but he needs some freedom too.

He has 2 feral girlfriends and he also likes to chase birds and field mice.

Forum List

Back