My Cancun Trip-disaster strikes

My wife and went to a really plush hotel in Cancun, MX.

We arrived Sunday.

Monday after breakfast we were going down steps in the hotel to the beach. The steps were uneven and my wife slipped, fell, and broke her ankle in 3 places.

We were rushed to the hospital, and last night my wife was in surgery (including recovery) from 7 pm to 1 am.

She is still in the hospital and should be released tomorrow.

As of this morning our hospital bill is over $5000. I am negotiating with the hotel trying to get them to pay at least part of it.

Some vacation.

My poor wife in agony, all the money gone, and we couldn't enjoy any part of it.

Thank G-D, most importantly, the surgery went well, and my wife is doing good.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Well let's try to think of the good things...

At least you weren't in Yemen. A friend of mine had a birth go very badly in Yemen and nearly died, and wasn't able to have more children. They had to adopt. Then she went nuts and divorced, leaving her husband with all the kids.

:lol: Good point.

Damn, another golden opportunity missed.

Oh well, barring infection I have high hopes that your wife will heal up okay. Ankles can be a bitch, but because the bones are small in the foot and ankle, provided they aren't pulverized, they generally heal up fairly nicely.

Best of luck. I'm being flip, but really, my heart goes out to you. I had food poisoning on my honeymoon and I thought THAT was bad.

That is bad Allie. Friday is also my wife's birthday and our wedding anniversary.

I am at the hospital. My wife had the surgery. She is recovering nicely.

Forum List

Back