My Baby Started High School

Guess this means he's ready for his first tattoo.

lol. my son's like mr. conservative. when i want to aggravate him, i tell him that i'm going to come home with a tattoo. :D

he gets really annoyed at me.

then i tell him i'm going to pierce his ear while he's sleeping.

i don't know why he gives me dirty looks for that one. :D

'Scuse me jillian, but could you bottle up some of your son's conservatism (sp?) and send some to my youngest? 14 and just started h.s. as well and . . . . she wants to get things pierced. Her tongue, her bellybutton, maybe an eyebrow. Gauges in her ears. Tats. I told her when she's 18 she can. Fingers crossed that it really is just a phase and that she's well over it by then.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

lol. my son's like mr. conservative. when i want to aggravate him, i tell him that i'm going to come home with a tattoo. :D

'Scuse me jillian, but could you bottle up some of your son's conservatism (sp?) and send some to my youngest? 14 and just started h.s. as well and . . . . she wants to get things pierced. Her tongue, her bellybutton, maybe an eyebrow. Gauges in her ears. Tats. I told her when she's 18 she can. Fingers crossed that it really is just a phase and that she's well over it by then.

i told him when he was young that he can do anything stupid he wants as long as it's not permanent.

if he came home with gauges, i'd take him to the plastic surgeon and have them cut out of his ears. i hate those. the piercings... well, maybe if you and she agree that it shouldn't be on her face. i have a bit of a fondness for those myself.

just tell her that otherwise, she might spend her life saying 'you want fries with that'?

it seems to work. :D

My baby, well, my teenager, my one and only child, started high school yesterday.

He's a little overwhelmed.

I'm blown away.

YOU ARE OLD!

Just kidding :D

I hope things go smoothly for him, high school is a tough time for many teens (and i was no exception to that statement)

i loved high school. i was a sing geek... (and miss spirit of my senior class. lol... ).

i hope he has a great time. he's much more serious and focused than i was.

but i'm definitely getting older

although that's far better than the alternative, imo.

Yeah I hear you. I was a bit of a "skater nerd" in high school. Getting good grades and being in a fringe group of skateboarders equaled a bit of a social nightmare at times ;).

It did teach me to be proud of myself and to not get so upset about what others might say or think.

:lol:

I had my 'tramp stamp' done years ago... and Mom still bitches about it. :lol: Do you Moms ever get over it?

no. my brother still hides his tats from my mom.

YOU ARE OLD!

Just kidding :D

I hope things go smoothly for him, high school is a tough time for many teens (and i was no exception to that statement)

i loved high school. i was a sing geek... (and miss spirit of my senior class. lol... ).

Yeah I hear you. I was a bit of a "skater nerd" in high school. Getting good grades and being in a fringe group of skateboarders equaled a bit of a social nightmare at times ;).

It did teach me to be proud of myself and to not get so upset about what others might say or think.

exactly. you can be a cool nerd. ;)

I had my 'tramp stamp' done years ago... and Mom still bitches about it. :lol: Do you Moms ever get over it?

no. my brother still hides his tats from my mom.

My Mom has no issue with my bros having tats. Only her baby daughter. :eek: Sexism! It's an outrage! Double standards! :evil:

exactly. you can be a cool nerd. ;)

Smart is cool in my book :cool:

I can't say anything about piercings..I have one on my naval and two in my ears. I also have two tats..so this mom can't say a word to her kids...my oldest went to town on tats though ...maybe it is a military thing?

My baby, well, my teenager, my one and only child, started high school yesterday.

I'm blown away.

Don't forget to send him with his required freshman apparel......

kickme.jpg

oy!

did i mention he's a second degree blackbelt and studies fencing? :eusa_whistle:

My fence keeps falling down in high winds. Do you think he could give me some advice? :eusa_eh:

I can't say anything about piercings..I have one on my naval and two in my ears. I also have two tats..so this mom can't say a word to her kids...my oldest went to town on tats though ...maybe it is a military thing?

i have six piercings (including two in each ear lobe).

might be a military thing. :lol:

By my count that leaves 2 as yet unaccounted for...

can't fool you for long, huh?

anterior helix of right ear and belly button. :razz:

I'm blown away.

Don't forget to send him with his required freshman apparel......

kickme.jpg

oy!

did i mention he's a second degree blackbelt and studies fencing? :eusa_whistle:

He's going to do just fine! You need to trust what you've instilled in him...

It's not easy...................I know! :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back