My Baby Is Now A Teenager

And so you should be! Teenagers are scary.

Hope he had a great day.... and I hope his 'Yummy Mummy' is proud of the boy.

I like that yummy mummy thing. lol..

Yummy_Mummy_blog.jpg

he's a good kid... no, he's a great kid. but man, there is attitude to spare now.

*sigh*

my boy turned 13 yesterday.

oy.....

I am afraid...

very afraid....

don't be afraid. i just spent the weekend with 20 kids between the ages of 13-15, and they were great. IIRC, i was a much nicer person to people who weren't my parents at that age. i think it's because i trusted my parents to love me no matter how poorly i behaved, and poor behavior is a part of fitting into one's big boy pants.

teens need to push away from the parental units, and that's scary for them and us. he, and you, will come through just fine- it just doesn't feel that way on a regular basis. :D

oy.....

I am afraid...

very afraid....

don't be afraid. i just spent the weekend with 20 kids between the ages of 13-15, and they were great. IIRC, i was a much nicer person to people who weren't my parents at that age. i think it's because i trusted my parents to love me no matter how poorly i behaved, and poor behavior is a part of fitting into one's big boy pants.

teens need to push away from the parental units, and that's scary for them and us. he, and you, will come through just fine- it just doesn't feel that way on a regular basis. :D

so the fact that he now treats me like my IQ dropped is normal??

those 'are you kidding me???' looks are truly amazing things.

i know he's really a good kid. i hope he stays that way. he's already talking about driving.

i am NOT happy.

oy.....

I am afraid...

very afraid....

i know he's really a good kid. i hope he stays that way. he's already talking about driving.

i am NOT happy.

oh, you won't be happy for awhile yet :D

In 15 years, when Mini-Echo is 30, and Z is 28, they will get married and you and I will be in-laws! :woohoo: :woohoo:

i am NOT happy.

oh, you won't be happy for awhile yet :D

Nerve-wracking, ain't it.........?

Love that emu vampire, BTW ! :laugh: :lol:

Parenthood is all pretty much downhill from here, Jill.

Now it's all about letting go slowly enough that the kid can learn to make his own decisions when he's really ready for that responsiblity.

The problem typically is that they think they're ready before they really are.

They understand the benefits of adult freedom but as yet do not understand the potential outcomes that come with the decisions they make.

I found drugs a useful tool to get through these trying times.

No, not for the kid, silly girl, but for myself.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Now it's all about letting go slowly enough that the kid can learn to make his own decisions when he's really ready for that responsiblity.

They understand the benefits of adult freedom but as yet do not understand the potential outcomes that come with the decisions they make.

he already thinks he's capable of making his own decisions. and i let him make the ones i think are appropriate (like.... what do you want for dinner? and do you want to continue piano lesson? and 'yes, you can take fencing class'). but i exercise veto power over pretty much everything else and will keep doing so...

.... for as long as i can.

i'm not much on drugs... but pinot grigio comes in handy.

he already thinks he's capable of making his own decisions. and i let him make the ones i think are appropriate (like.... what do you want for dinner? and do you want to continue piano lesson? and 'yes, you can take fencing class'). but i exercise veto power over pretty much everything else and will keep doing so...

.... for as long as i can.

i'm not much on drugs... but pinot grigio comes in handy.

Yes, it most certainly does. :lol:

Over the next few years of trying times just remember to trust what you have instilled in him as you begin to let go of more and more of that veto power...He will be fine!

Forum List

Back