My Baby is Going Over the Bridge Around 2 Today.

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Top picture about 4 months ago.
Second picture
Mar 25
my very special boy is ready to go. He made it 16 yrs and 2 weeks. We watched him being born at our home and have had him this whole time.
None will ever be able to fill the place he has in my heart. Send prayers and good thoughts, please.

View attachment 69736 View attachment 69737
Second picture
Mar 25
my very special boy is ready to go. He made it 16 yrs and 2 weeks. We watched him being born at our home and have had him this whole time.
None will ever be able to fill the place he has in my heart. Send prayers and good thoughts, please.

Wishing you and your family the best...

I am sorry to hear. I've lost two very good friends due to cancer and snake bite.
Best wishes...

Second picture
Mar 25
If there is any way you can find a vet to come to your house and give the injection in your back yard, do it!

A vet's office is always tense and unpleasant for a dog, and that's not how you want his last moments to be. Plus, a vet won't let you take the body with you to bury. I hate to be the one to say it, but they generally put them in a garbage bag and they go to the landfill.

I was fortunate to find such a vet, and held my Black Lab on the grass, in the sun, in her own backyard. I had pre-dug a deep grave back by my shed, and buried her wrapped in a comforter.

Find that special vet, spend a bit more, and give him the send-off he deserves. You'll never regret it. Good luck.

Worst part of dogs is that they don't live very long.

Best part of dogs is.................dogs.

Truly sorry. I know how bad it stings to have to do this and lose your buddy......

Second picture
Mar 25
If there is any way you can find a vet to come to your house and give the injection in your back yard, do it!

A vet's office is always tense and unpleasant for a dog, and that's not how you want his last moments to be. Plus, a vet won't let you take the body with you to bury. I hate to be the one to say it, but they generally put them in a garbage bag and they go to the landfill.

I was fortunate to find such a vet, and held my Black Lab on the grass, in the sun, in her own backyard. I had pre-dug a deep grave back by my shed, and buried her wrapped in a comforter.

Find that special vet, spend a bit more, and give him the send-off he deserves. You'll never regret it. Good luck.

I understand the suggestions, but I've never had a vet deny me the body. In fact, they've helped arrange cremations, or kept it for me until I could prepare a place for it..

Thank you, Synthaholic, that was very thoughtful. He is gone and at peace and we did have them come to the house, that is why we had to wait until 2.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts.
I'm afraid my post may have been too late for depotoo to see. :(
I'm so glad you did that. A vet who is willing to come to your house is a keeper.

I now have 3 dogs buried out by my shed. My other one dropped dead overnight in my living room two years before the one I euthanized, and a good friend who was living at an apartment at the time had this same vet come to my house to euthanize his Fox Terrier, and buried him in my yard, too, so that he could visit him.

It's always sad and a bit traumatic losing a pet, especially when you don't have another and it's now an "empty house". I hope your daughter handles it well. She looks like a sweetheart.

Second picture
Mar 25

I understand the suggestions, but I've never had a vet deny me the body. In fact, they've helped arrange cremations, or kept it for me until I could prepare a place for it..
I think it varies state to state. I was led to believe that you can't bring the pet home in Florida.

Second picture
Mar 25

I think it varies state to state. I was led to believe that you can't bring the pet home in Florida.

Matter of fact -- I think I remember that from my Gator days. But we did it anyways.

Very sorry for your loss. They give you all they have, very sad.

That's our grand daughter. He always took it upon himself to protect her from the first day she came here to see us at a week old. He never let hero ut of his sight. I watch her a couple of hours a day 5 days a week.

I am finally able to control the tears somewhat, knowing he is no longer in pain, that last night was hell. But the hole in my heart will always be there. When I had back surgery he instinctively knew I needed help to get up and offered to help pull me up from a sitting position. He saved our cat from the dryer, by pulling the door open and pulling him out before I could get there. Kitty had never gotten in the dryer before, in 15 years. He warned of strangers he had a bad sense of. Everytime one of our animals was sick he stayed by their side until well. I could go on and on. He was that super special companion.

My older son knew how hard it would be for me when the time came and in Nov he took me to see a friend that does rescues and had me bring home a loving german shepherd and belgian malinois that needed homes. They helped Bob live longer I truly believe because he was no longer alone and moved more, wanting to see what they were up to in the yard, after we had lost his brother and mom aand dad over the last couple of years. It is a blessing having them here.
It is rough and will continue to be for quite awhile, we were constant companions for those 16 years. Every move I made, he was there, even when I showered he had to check up on me!
These 2 are loving, smart, and busy, and will help to keep me busy and I will get through this. They will help hubby and me both.

Thank you, Synthaholic, that was very thoughtful. He is gone and at peace and we did have them come to the house, that is why we had to wait until 2.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts.
I'm afraid my post may have been too late for depotoo to see. :(
I'm so glad you did that. A vet who is willing to come to your house is a keeper.

I now have 3 dogs buried out by my shed. My other one dropped dead overnight in my living room two years before the one I euthanized, and a good friend who was living at an apartment at the time had this same vet come to my house to euthanize his Fox Terrier, and buried him in my yard, too, so that he could visit him.

It's always sad and a bit traumatic losing a pet, especially when you don't have another and it's now an "empty house". I hope your daughter handles it well. She looks like a sweetheart.

Forum List

Back