My Baby Girl Is ALL Grown Up....Sure Miss Her......

Dale Smith

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2015
Dallas, Texas
My little girl Chelsea turns 27 today......how did that happen? Stop the world and let me off.... because that can't be possible. I could not have asked for a more incredible daughter. She taught me more about unconditional love than I could ever teach her. She showed me what love was about and how to place someone else above my own well being. When I held her in my arms for the very first time? I wept tears and all my feelings of not being worthy of being loved disappeared in the blink of an eye. I looked down at that little face and realized that she was the most important thing that ever happened to me...from that point on I knew that looking out for her was all that mattered. My bestest friend Jim was there the whole time with me....he saw my transformation...Love ya, Jimbo......you rock.

I did the majority of the 2 AM feedings when she was teeny tiny....and did so with great joy. I had this Michael McDonald tape with this song on it and would play it while I held her.....her tiny little hand would wrap around my pinky finger and the tears would flow. This song is for her.....imagine me holding her and knowing what I just shared then you will know what I was feeling. Chelsea? You "showed me"........

Michael Mcdonald - You Show Me
YOUTUBE.COM

538451_3827762022405_549312897_n.jpg
538451_3827762022405_549312897_n.jpg

My little girl Chelsea turns 27 today......how did that happen? Stop the world and let me off.... because that can't be possible. I could not have asked for a more incredible daughter. She taught me more about unconditional love than I could ever teach her. She showed me what love was about and how to place someone else above my own well being. When I held her in my arms for the very first time? I wept tears and all my feelings of not being worthy of being loved disappeared in the blink of an eye. I looked down at that little face and realized that she was the most important thing that ever happened to me...from that point on I knew that looking out for her was all that mattered. My bestest friend Jim was there the whole time with me....he saw my transformation...Love ya, Jimbo......you rock.

I did the majority of the 2 AM feedings when she was teeny tiny....and did so with great joy. I had this Michael McDonald tape with this song on it and would play it while I held her.....her tiny little hand would wrap around my pinky finger and the tears would flow. This song is for her.....imagine me holding her and knowing what I just shared then you will know what I was feeling. Chelsea? You "showed me"........

YOUTUBE.COM

View attachment 171064 View attachment 171064

YOUTUBE.COM

She is BEAUTIFUL!!

Damn dale, I didn't know you looked that cool, lovely daughter, never say no to her..

You are very kind.......fortunately, she got her mom's looks. You want to talk about about a drama free child? The worst thing she ever did was wreck her car because she was texting and trying to drive at the same time. She hit a parked car when she was 16. She was so ashamed and thought her life was over (yeah, I know how melodramatic that is) but I told her I can replace the car and the one that she damaged....but I could never replace her and that I "got this" but let this be a lesson to you. She is the best part of me for sure......

Damn dale, I didn't know you looked that cool, lovely daughter, never say no to her..

You are very kind.......fortunately, she got her mom's looks. You want to talk about about a drama free child? The worst thing she ever did was wreck her car because she was texting and trying to drive at the same time. She hit a parked car when she was 16. She was so ashamed and thought her life was over (yeah, I know how melodramatic that is) but I told her I can replace the car and the one that she damaged....but I could never replace her and that I "got this" but let this be a lesson to you. She is the best part of me for sure......

Perfect...

She has your eyes. :)
Where is she? Is she living/working near so you can still hang out with her?

She lives in Lubbock, Texas and is very independent....we get together at least once a year. I am not one of those "clingy dads" and I get text messages and phone calls. When the band I was in was playing the A-rooms in Dallas where we were opening for big acts like Dale Watson? She would make it when she could.......she is my biggest fan....but I sure do miss her when I can't see her when I want.

She lives in Lubbock, Texas and is very independent....we get together at least once a year. I am not one of those "clingy dads" and I get text messages and phone calls. When the band I was in was playing the A-rooms in Dallas where we were opening for big acts like Dale Watson? She would make it when she could.......she is my biggest fan....but I sure do miss her when I can't see her when I want.

You still play in a band , dale?

Anything on you tube?

Well gentlemen...I am off to bed. Doc appt tomorrow. Boob squish time. Wish they would do gonadograms so these male docs knew what it feels like. :(

Night, guys!

Sorry for the ...um...weird convos. Guess I am dreading going to bed cuz I will toss and turn worrying about tomorrow.

Well gentlemen...I am off to bed. Doc appt tomorrow. Boob squish time. Wish they would do gonadograms so these male docs knew what it feels like. :(

Night, guys!

Sorry for the ...um...weird convos. Guess I am dreading going to bed cuz I will toss and turn worrying about tomorrow.

Good night Gracie, learned a lot from you today..

Anything on you tube?

Check this out but go to the song "Relief" first....I wrote the third verse and I sing harmony......

The Eric Beatty Band | Country from Dallas, TX

Night, guys!

Hugs ya..........

Anything on you tube?

Check this out but go to the song "Relief" first....I wrote the third verse and I sing harmony......

The Eric Beatty Band | Country from Dallas, TX
Your apart of the Eric Beatty band?

Yep, but due to Eric's propensity to drink while over the legal limit? We lost the traction we had going for us. That is me in the Texas Longhorn bandana playing bass......lol!

YOUTUBE.COM

Yep; they leave home far too soon.

My youngest is 23, married and heading off to Melbourne to do a Degree after doing a diploma. She's taking the youngest grand-daughter with her and her hubby of course. Sigh; two hour flight.

Greg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back