My avatar: Windows on the World

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
If no one know what my avatar is for 9/11, it is a photo from inside the the restaurant on top of the north tower, Windows on the World.

windows_on_the_world_window_seats.jpg

Seeing WTC from this view I can more vividly imagine how utterly horrific it must have been for those in the buildings. :sad:

• Banned
Seeing WTC from this view I can more vividly imagine how utterly horrific it must have been for those in the buildings. :sad:

Agreed. It makes it a bit more personal seeing from the POV of the 3000 who died.

:(

Agreed. It makes it a bit more personal seeing from the POV of the 3000 who died.

:(

I do not want to see any images of the destruction or (worse) watch jumpers or (even worse) listen to the 911 calls.

I have had my fill...I can replay them in my head.

Those who worked to have something other than the 2 Towers rebuilt, in the end agreed with those who chose to alter the skyline.
That makes me sick that they are free to walk the streets.

I was there 6 weeks before 9/11/2001.....ordered a bloody mary at the bar.

Pretty wild looking down at the Empire State Building.

As painful as it is to remember every year, and as gut wrenching as it would be to do this...

I think a push should be made on the 10th anniversary of this horror to force the networks to replay it all. This nation needs a shocking reminder of what was done to us then. I still can replay some of the TV footage in my head, but we really should be replaying this horror so we do not forget the emotion that goes with it.

After which, a DVD set should be made for each network of their entire coverage from just before first impact to just after the 2nd tower fell, Shenksville and the Pentagon. You could then skip to highlights from the rest of the day and then cap it off with W's visit to ground zero. To have that as a set... it's history. Like owning a tape of the attack on pearl harbor.

But regardless, on the 10th anniversary, the news networks need to replay their morning news from that day a decade before. Too many of us need to relive it and be reminded of the price we paid.

It saddens me that 9 years later and we still haven't done the right thing and rebuilt. We need to rebuild, and carry on because that is what makes us Americans.

It is the best way to remember the 2,977, from 86 countries, who died.

Unfortunately with so many parties and people with an interest in the real estate, it's tied up with bickering and fighting over control and nothing gets done. It's a microcosm of what's happened to the nation as a whole in the last 9 years, isn't it? In that way it's sort of ironic.

That's especially sad when you look at what the ground there means to not just all of us but much of the world. It would be such a wonderful tribute if people would just set their differences aside and make it happen - sort of like how we all pulled together for a little while after 9/11 itself.

Forum List

Back