My angel

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Angel1.jpg

Found her outside a Quick Check dumpster in much need of a home and some medical attention. She's five weeks old.

She belongs to my mom now :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
She's beautiful - and I think you were the angel here! :halo:

Not really but thanks, Im just a sucker for animals. Went in for coffee and came home with a kitty. She had Warble larva growing in her back due to bites from a Bot fly. So I took her home, gave her a bath, and took her to the vet for the removal of the parasites. She is soooo sweet, the minute my mom saw her I knew she would want her, she just had to talk my dad into it which wasn't too hard. I would have kept her if not. What's one more right? :)

Not really but thanks, Im just a sucker for animals. Went in for coffee and came home with a kitty. She had Warble larva growing in her back due to bites from a Bot fly. So I took her home, gave her a bath, and took her to the vet for the removal of the parasites. She is soooo sweet, the minute my mom saw her I knew she would want her, she just had to talk my dad into it which wasn't too hard. I would have kept her if not. What's one more right? :)

Don't you wonder about people who don't love animals?

Don't you wonder about people who don't love animals?

It's not anything that I can even remotely fathom. It's just part of my wiring to love and want to take care of animals I guess? I would think for most it would be instinctual but it's not.

It's not anything that I can even remotely fathom. It's just part of my wiring to love and want to take care of animals I guess? I would think for most it would be instinctual but it's not.

I feel the same way, Bonnie. It seems like it should just be a part of people's overall compassion, but so often it isn't.

I feel the same way, Bonnie. It seems like it should just be a part of people's overall compassion, but so often it isn't.

I have always said that a woman can find out a lot about a man by asking him if he likes cats. If he is allergic the test doesn't work but if he hates cats and especially if he likes the robot dogs like Labs, Dobermans, Rotweilers.... stay away. The typical reason he won't like cats is the fact that he has no control over them. He wants to control everything in life including you. Nothing wrong with the extra obedient dogs but added to the unreasonable hatred of cats and it is obvious there is a problem with independence in his possessions.

I like independence myself whether it is in the dog I like, the Afghan Hound, I have two cats and prefer the same traits in women. Every guy I have known that hated cats was ridiculously controlling. What do you two ladies think?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I don't know. I always say that those who don't like cats just haven't met the right cat . I've seen many cat haters 'turn' when they're introduced to the cat of their dreams, including women. :laugh:

I have always said that a woman can find out a lot about a man by asking him if he likes cats. If he is allergic the test doesn't work but if he hates cats and especially if he likes the robot dogs like Labs, Dobermans, Rotweilers.... stay away. The typical reason he won't like cats is the fact that he has no control over them. He wants to control everything in life including you. Nothing wrong with the extra obedient dogs but added to the unreasonable hatred of cats and it is obvious there is a problem with independence in his possessions.

I like independence myself whether it is in the dog I like, the Afghan Hound, I have two cats and prefer the same traits in women. Every guy I have known that hated cats was ridiculously controlling. What do you two ladies think?

Wow that is a very interesting perspective that I had never considered.

I think there is this misconception that cats don't want to be bothered and dogs are overly friendly and slobber all over you. I have found that every cat I have ever had has been friendly and very cuddly which I think is due in large part to how much love you give them as babies.
But I love all animals, even lizards, or as my mom would say anything with a face and a mother :laugh:

I don't know. I always say that those who don't like cats just haven't met the right cat . I've seen many cat haters 'turn' when they're introduced to the cat of their dreams, including women. :laugh:

Good answer Said:cheers2:

She is one beautiful kitty! Looks like she could be the sister of my little Duncan! I'll have to see if I can get Jim to take some photos of him!! You indeed are an ANGEL for caring so much about a "throwaway" animal. I adopted Duncan from a shelter when he was 8 weeks old - and he couldn't be loved more than if I paid $1000 for him!!

She is one beautiful kitty! Looks like she could be the sister of my little Duncan! I'll have to see if I can get Jim to take some photos of him!! You indeed are an ANGEL for caring so much about a "throwaway" animal. I adopted Duncan from a shelter when he was 8 weeks old - and he couldn't be loved more than if I paid $1000 for him!!

Thank you Joan, she is turning out to be one very smart and lovable kitten...She gives kisses like crazy...I think when they are rescued like that, or have had a rough start in life they seem to be more appreciative?

I must admit that the people I meet who say they hate cats tend to be on the uptight and hyper-critical side in general. Maybe it is a control issue as you say; I will have to look at that aspect. But whatever it is, they and I are not destined to hit it off.

People who like and appreciate cats, but just prefer dogs, are usually ok though.

I have known some people who liked cats & were not necessarily nice people.
And Mm isn't particularly fond of them, but he tolerates mine. They aggravate him, but then, ALOT aggravates Mm. But Mm is a kind person. I've actually seen him 'tend' to one on occassion.

I think it has to do with loving animals in general. I had an aunt that had chickens, geese, a lamb........ I've seen her walk through her mini-farm picking up chickens & kissing them as she goes. Her sister Ruthie use to feed her pond fish along with her ducks. My dad would get after Ruthie because he liked to fish in her pond.....it's hard to catch fish that are full. :)

OHMYGODTHATISSUCHACUTEKITTEN!

Seriously, it's a bundle of furry cuteness :3

She is only 7 weeks old, but she's brilliant, she plays tag, hide and seek, and fetch....I know Im bragging but I can't help it... Im getting a wallet size photo of her to bore people with..LOL

I'll tell ya Bon, your compassion is commendable. You've got a good heart.

I'm also a sucker for cats myself though. My partner I have now I rescued from a cold, wet box at a county fair. He was in there with his sister. The box had collapsed from the rain and it was cold. His little sister had succumbed to hypothermia, but he was still with us. He was covered with flees and almost dead himself, but I snatched him up and took him home. He was so young he didn't know how to eat yet, so I pushed his little nose down into a warm bowl of milk and he got the idea quick. We did battle with the fleas and got rid of them too. I've had him now for 15 years. He's truely my little partner, and I can't for the life of me understand why people get a pet, and then before that pet expires, they get rid of them. WHY? You are the only thing that little animal has ever known, and now you're going to just cast them aside? How cruel.

my husband is one of the "turned". I've always had cats growing up, he came from a household of parents who didn't like or want animals, so he didn't grow up with any... I badgered him for years for a cat but he was not budging... I got by for a while with befriending and feeding a little mamma and her kittens, strays, around our apartment that were friendly to me (but wanted nothing to do with him...hmph)... I got attached to a little kitten fella who was just the sweetest little guy ever, but our landlord HATED cats, so we couldn't take him... we were moving soon and I talked my husband into letting me take the "little guy" with us, he warmed up to the sweet thing... unfortunately, he was seriously injured and with much pain and tears, I had to have him put to sleep (the kitten, not my husband :tng: )... :cry:

skipping ahead 3-4 years, one of the attorneys I work with was trying to give away a little sweet kitty... she looked just like the "little guy"... to make a long story short, I talked him into letting me have her...and he just loves her! He has the cute but "ghey" high voice that men use when talking to cats...you know the voice... hehe. When I laugh at him and point out the voice, he gets all mad and tells me to eff off. hehe

my husband is one of the "turned". I've always had cats growing up, he came from a household of parents who didn't like or want animals, so he didn't grow up with any... I badgered him for years for a cat but he was not budging... I got by for a while with befriending and feeding a little mamma and her kittens, strays, around our apartment that were friendly to me (but wanted nothing to do with him...hmph)... I got attached to a little kitten fella who was just the sweetest little guy ever, but our landlord HATED cats, so we couldn't take him... we were moving soon and I talked my husband into letting me take the "little guy" with us, he warmed up to the sweet thing... unfortunately, he was seriously injured and with much pain and tears, I had to have him put to sleep (the kitten, not my husband :tng: )... :cry:

skipping ahead 3-4 years, one of the attorneys I work with was trying to give away a little sweet kitty... she looked just like the "little guy"... to make a long story short, I talked him into letting me have her...and he just loves her! He has the cute but "ghey" high voice that men use when talking to cats...you know the voice... hehe. When I laugh at him and point out the voice, he gets all mad and tells me to eff off. hehe

Very true, my dad was always a dog person, but with Angel in his life now for these past three months, he has done a 180. He talks to her like a baby..It's the funniest thing:laugh:

Eff off, LOL. I can remember tim going "tsk, tsk, tsk' tryiing to get the cat to come in one night. Laugh my ass off is an understatement!

Forum List

Back