My advice to New York and New Jersey

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Hotels. There are way too many people without electricity and this weekend temps are going to dip into the thirties. There are probably many hotels in the surrounding areas that would welcome at this time temporary occupants until power is restored. And the states can apply to FEMA for reimbursement.

Do it now before any more people kill themselves with bad generator placement.

Jesus, at least when we have a hurricane we don't have to worry about cold weather.

Hotels. There are way too many people without electricity and this weekend temps are going to dip into the thirties. There are probably many hotels in the surrounding areas that would welcome at this time temporary occupants until power is restored. And the states can apply to FEMA for reimbursement.

Do it now before any more people kill themselves with bad generator placement.

Jesus, at least when we have a hurricane we don't have to worry about cold weather.

I have been so cold here in Ohio with the rain and wind. Hope they get their power restored soon.

We got another big coastal storm coming next week and we have no dunes left on the beaches.

Fucking great.

Yeah, you need to go inland, Paulie. What a shitty situation.

ya... i heard we may be getting another storm next w/e... i truly can't think about that right now....

one crisis at a time. *sigh*

my brother is still in a hotel, btw... midtown has lights, etc.
What's the restaurant situation around you? Hopefully they are opening back up and serving food. Do you know how the Brooklyn Bridge park area fared?

ya... i heard we may be getting another storm next w/e... i truly can't think about that right now....

What's the restaurant situation around you? Hopefully they are opening back up and serving food. Do you know how the Brooklyn Bridge park area fared?

well, near the water, everything was flooded. so that whole big avenue of shops and restaurants is shut down.

nearer to me, we have a diner that we can walk to. and near work everything is open, although the only places i've been eating or buying groceries are places that i know didn't lose power or that i know trashed all their perishables.

the good thing to come out of this is that the diner near our house is booming and they're really nice people, so i'm glad some good came out of this for them.

oh... by brooklyn bridge park, do you mean the brooklyn side or by city hall? i haven't been as far over as the bridge, but i've been pretty close on the brooklyn side ...and everything is up and running now.

Last edited:

well, near the water, everything was flooded. so that whole big avenue of shops and restaurants is shut down.

nearer to me, we have a diner that we can walk to. and near work everything is open, although the only places i've been eating or buying groceries are places that i know didn't lose power or that i know trashed all their perishables.

the good thing to come out of this is that the diner near our house is booming and they're really nice people, so i'm glad some good came out of this for them.

There's a little care that I like down there, the Iris Cafe....yummy coffee. How awful.

There's a little care that I like down there, the Iris Cafe....yummy coffee. How awful.

i called them for you. :D

they're up and running and never lost power. good food? or just coffee?

i called them for you. :D

they're up and running and never lost power. good food? or just coffee?
LOL! The food is good, too....very basic though as they don't have a grill. The biscuits are incredible! My daughter was so enthralled with the neighborhood that she wanted to move immediately. :D

Good Luck guys.

I feel for ya.

Ravi is right about the generators.
Put it in a safe place, but make sure it's in a well ventilated place.

Last edited:
There are people in apartment buildings without power who are fast running out of food, toilet paper, and water.

Power should be restored by this weekend.

It's a long trek up and down a high-rise apartment stairwell.

I don't actually live on the barrier island, i live offshore. I just went to a little hurricane party on the island with some friends and ended up being stuck there for 4 days.

Forum List

Back