My advice for Obama and his drones on November 3rd, 2010

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
Commit to work with Republicans, or shut your pie holes about bipartisanship and putting country ahead of party.

Because the country will have told you what they want.

To paraphrase Imam Obama, "We [will have] won."

What the people want (say they want or have been manipulated to say they want) ain't necessarily what should be done. Suppose it becomes imperative to invade Iran? Or the Fed has to raise interest rates?

Popularity polls should not run the country, Revere. Obama has a mandate from those of us who elected him and should fulfil it as best he can.

• Banned
What the people want (say they want or have been manipulated to say they want) ain't necessarily what should be done. Suppose it becomes imperative to invade Iran? Or the Fed has to raise interest rates?

Popularity polls should not run the country, Revere. Obama has a mandate from those of us who elected him and should fulfil it as best he can.

Then his election was a "popularity poll" too.

There is a Constitutional imperative to accept changes in governance when one party is thrown out. Happened in 2006 and 2008, too.

Obama is not above that.

You know, while things may admittedly be looking up for the Republicans in the mid-terms, I'm not sure this level of confidence is warranted, especially when one stops to consider the voting public. It might behoove people to be more guarded just in case things go badly, or not as well as they hope. A lot less crow to eat if you choose that route. But hey, that's just me, I don't support either party.

• Banned
There won't be any recovery in this country unless there is growth. And there won't be any growth until the most anti-business regime in the history of the nation is completely powerless.

This is step 1.

Can you give me advice on my hemmorhoids? You seem good at giving unsolicited advice about that which you know nothing.

This is a complex economic situation, Revere. None of the elected officials we have or may get has any personal experience with deflation. The economists, as usual, do not agree on what government should do. The one thing I do want for the business community is respite from the series of ginormous 2,500 page legislation Obama has had passed, and that I think the GOP candidates soon to take office can deliver.

• Banned
This is a complex economic situation, Revere. None of the elected officials we have or may get has any personal experience with deflation. The economists, as usual, do not agree on what government should do. The one thing I do want for the business community is respite from the series of ginormous 2,500 page legislation Obama has had passed, and that I think the GOP candidates soon to take office can deliver.

There won't be any recovery unless Obamacare is repealed or defunded.

And the EPA is gelded, so there can be no back door cap and tax.

That would go a long way.

There won't be any recovery unless you get your hemorrhoids removed so your ass isn't sore about a black man being president. You've got Obamarrhoids up the ass, sore loser.:lol::eusa_whistle:

There won't be any recovery unless you get your hemorrhoids removed so your ass isn't sore about a black man being president. You've got Obamarrhoids up the ass, sore loser.:lol::eusa_whistle:

Why will Obamacare frustrate recovery?

What do you mean by "no recovery"? A depression?

The EPA? You mean stuff like the Clean Air Act that big business is busy trying to dismantle?

Ozmar, it is fun to ridicule the ridiculous, but possibly less fun to ridicule the obviously thoughtful and certainly it is less fun to read your efforts to do so. I know you can contribute to this convo. Please do.

I didn't see much in the way of warrants to his arguments. All I saw were claims. If he plans to make claims, he should back them up. Otherwise, he is just throwing darts blindfolded.

I assumed Revere wrote the Op to invite commentary, not to show us his dissertation on the matter. I'm curious to know which constitutional proviso he thinks alters Obama's duties if the GOP sweeps the coming election. He isn't going to share that if he can expect nothing but ridicule from Obamaphiles in exchange.

New Topics

Forum List

Back