My account is experiencing a recent speed bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Hey Y'all! My HUGGY account has been brought to the speed of a crippled snail in the last few days. Is it just me? I can access just about everything but the mods and admin as the slow access cuts off my attempt to PM with rare exceptions. I can post and see everything. It just takes about 100 times longer OR MORE than usual.

Anyone have a clue what could cause this?

I clean my computer almost every day and on all other internet activity I am experiencing no difficulty. It's just on USMB.

I've tried to PM cereal Killer and several mods but have received no replies from them. This hampering of the speed makes using USMB just about to difficult to put up with.

I've been a good member for many years. I would hate to say goodbye to many good friends but I am getting zero help and doubt I can stay involved dragging an anchor around the site.

Thanks in advance for any concern

HUGGY aka Sean

You may be a "discouraged user". Have you been more assholier than usual of late?

Some dude started a thread claiming "I do believe Obama is a muslim"

I shot back a reply "I do believe you are a moron"

Got a finger wag by some mucky muck. No announcement I was going to be punished.

I don't believe it was anything that was out of line or off topic as I addressed a specific statement. But that was about it.

I can't believe my account was handicapped for that. There MUST be a reasonable answer to what my account is experiencing.

It took more than 10 minutes just now accessing this thread. It took the same accessing and posting this OP. Who knows if this reply will ever show up. I'll give it a shot but This is getting old.

Hey Y'all! My HUGGY account has been brought to the speed of a crippled snail in the last few days. Is it just me? I can access just about everything but the mods and admin as the slow access cuts off my attempt to PM with rare exceptions. I can post and see everything. It just takes about 100 times longer OR MORE than usual.

I clean my computer almost every day and on all other internet activity I am experiencing no difficulty. It's just on USMB.

I've tried to PM cereal Killer and several mods but have received no replies from them. This hampering of the speed makes using USMB just about to difficult to put up with.

I've been a good member for many years. I would hate to say goodbye to many good friends but I am getting zero help and doubt I can stay involved dragging an anchor around the site.

HUGGY aka Sean

Did you try theDoctorisin who is online right now?
cereal killer is not online right now.

According to most queers, speed bump are hemorrhoids.

ffb.jpg

You may be a "discouraged user". Have you been more assholier than usual of late?

Got a finger wag by some mucky muck. No announcement I was going to be punished.

I don't believe it was anything that was out of line or off topic as I addressed a specific statement. But that was about it.

I can't believe my account was handicapped for that. There MUST be a reasonable answer to what my account is experiencing.

It took more than 10 minutes just now accessing this thread. It took the same accessing and posting this OP. Who knows if this reply will ever show up. I'll give it a shot but This is getting old.
W10 update lately?

More like a cumulative effect of infractions.

That was not your first was it??

PM any of the mods, ask them to review your account and tell you when the speed ban will be lifted.

I believe it takes 6 months for violations to roll off.

HUGGY aka Sean
All joking aside it's most likely at the same times all the rest of us experience slowdowns which means a couple of three things.......
First is the site does backups, when that happens everything slows to a crawl, the second is updates, a crawl again, the third is possible random DDoS attacks, the board does have people who don't like it and or is part of a server system/network under attack.
In conjunction any persons' individual router could be in a network that is under attack, the network slows down the internet access slows down. If it's only this site then the problem is with the site/sites' network/server, if it's every site it's your network.
There are other possible explanations some are virus related, some are hacking related.
When it happens to me I close the USMB and try back later, sometimes it comes back up fairly quickly sometimes hours later.

More like a cumulative effect of infractions.

That was not your first was it??

PM any of the mods, ask them to review your account and tell you when the speed ban will be lifted.

I believe it takes 6 months for violations to roll off.

Or just get some preparation H and go back to the democrook underground where everyone is butthurt.

HUGGY aka Sean
All joking aside it's most likely at the same times all the rest of us experience slowdowns which means a couple of three things.......
First is the site does backups, when that happens everything slows to a crawl, the second is updates, a crawl again, the third is possible random DDoS attacks, the board does have people who don't like it and or is part of a server system/network under attack.
In conjunction any persons' individual router could be in a network that is under attack, the network slows down the internet access slows down. If it's only this site then the problem is with the site/sites' network/server, if it's every site it's your network.
There are other possible explanations some are virus related, some are hacking related.
When it happens to me I close the USMB and try back later, sometimes it comes back up fairly quickly sometimes hours later.

It's been going on for going on three days with no let up. My other internet activity is just as fast as usual. It is "odd" that I tried to inquire to at least three mods and did manage to start "conversations" (PM's) and received no replies. I cannot get cereal killer's attention..the conversation function will not go through when I click his avie.

I haven't down loaded anything new in the last several days. As I mentioned before I clean my computer almost every day with a paid for app. I use Super anti spy professional.

I would like to know if this slow down extreme is one of the tricks that can be meted out by a mod. If so wouldn't the mod announce this form of punishment?

It would be helpful if a mod would look into this and shoot me a PM with some form of an explanation.

My account was like that all last week.

The day before I was reduced to a snail's pace. I had gotten a mild tongue lashing for offending another poster. Without warning my ability to post was almost impossible. I tried to contact the big wheel but couldn't get access to him.

I had basically given up posting and only checked in once a day. Then one day I logged on the site and everything was restored to regular speed. ....... :cool:

HUGGY aka Sean

Hello Huggy...

I just checked your warnings/infractions list...when a user has accumulated 5 points, you are automatically placed on a 'slow down' that is usually for a period 5 days, after that your slowdown should automatically lift, and the points you received for the infraction that caused the slow down will be wiped out along with that lift.

If you have any questions, please PM me, or the mod that gave you the infraction. I did not receive any PM from you, I would have answered had you've contacted me as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back