My $500 rat

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I don't have a recent picture of her, but she looks like this:

pn13-rpcoolpet.JPG

Her name is Maybe.

We bought her for $5 from a breeder. Recently, she contracted a severe respiratory disease. I thought she was going to die, so we took her to an emergency clinic.

Vet bill: $311
Medication: $55

She got better. All was well.

On Monday, she was acting like she was drunk. Back to the vet. She got better, but the vet didn't know why.

Vet bill: $167

Total (not including food, cage, Kelloggs Yogos, etc.): $538

(I can only imagine the upcoming posts. Perhaps I should've put this is the Flame Zone.)

A pet is a pet. If you and your family love it and want to keep it well with your money, then more power to you!

It's a cute little thing, isn't it?

How do you keep your kitties from wanting him for dinner?

(The reason I ask is I had some pet mice in high school my sister gave me, came home from school and the cat had broken into the cage and no more little ones............ :( )

She is cute - and if she is worth it to you, who cares what it cost?

I used to have rats as pets until I developed allergies to them - they are so smart :)

who gives the kid a fucking rat? damn you call me a redneck...i dont have friggin rats in the house and i am sure the hell not spending money on rats....rats dont live that long to begin with...2 to 4 years mostly closer to 2 years...

act like a fucking normal person and get a damned cat

who gives the kid a fucking rat? damn you call me a redneck...i dont have friggin rats in the house and i am sure the hell not spending money on rats....rats dont live that long to begin with...2 to 4 years mostly closer to 2 years...

Hey now, I had two when I was growing up.

my son had a rat; it was a great pet. it used to ride around on his shoulder.

very sad when it died; they don't live too long IIRC. we buried it under the magnolia tree in the driveway with a headstone that says "here lies Alison, everywhere she went, she made people smile."

hope yours lives a long time, x.

A pet is a pet. If you and your family love it and want to keep it well with your money, then more power to you!

It's a cute little thing, isn't it?

How do you keep your kitties from wanting him for dinner?

(The reason I ask is I had some pet mice in high school my sister gave me, came home from school and the cat had broken into the cage and no more little ones............ :( )

:)

The cats are constantly trying to eat the rats and the dogs are constantly trying to eat the cats. (We even have one cat that attacks another cat, so we have to watch her closely.) It's a never-ending battle.

She's been spayed.

Remember to spay or neuter your redneck.

o hell no you spayed the damned rat? i will admit i had no clue a vet would do that...

who gets a fucking rat for a pet? i am sorry but that is just beyond me..o lets go get a vermin honey...you will love it....

rat people....are just kinda well....rat people...

if you and your family love the little thing and it makes ya happy so be it...i would rather see an overloving pet owner than the opposite....

why not a whistle pig...they are cute and all...i cant believe they eat them in south america

Xsited1

You do realize it's a rat :eek:

And you understand what a rat is don't you? :doubt:

Rats are actually better pets than, say, guinea pigs, hamsters or mice. They are the most intelligent and sociable. Plus, you can use them to scare off your mother-in-law.

She's been spayed.

Remember to spay or neuter your redneck.

:lol::lol::lol: my brother had a little white rat for a pet, got out of her cage she did. Was missing 3 or 4 days until we found her behind the dryer. Put her back in her cage we did.. wasn't long the cage was full of little brown mice.. Well, there's a conundrum for ya. What to do next?

We let her raise them and then set them loose in the woods.

o hell no you spayed the damned rat? i will admit i had no clue a vet would do that...

who gets a fucking rat for a pet? i am sorry but that is just beyond me..o lets go get a vermin honey...you will love it....

rat people....are just kinda well....rat people...

well peoples get hamsters all the time, no difference.

pn13-rpcoolpet.JPG

Her name is Maybe.

We bought her for $5 from a breeder. Recently, she contracted a severe respiratory disease. I thought she was going to die, so we took her to an emergency clinic.

On Monday, she was acting like she was drunk. Back to the vet. She got better, but the vet didn't know why.

(I can only imagine the upcoming posts. Perhaps I should've put this is the Flame Zone.)

She might be allergic to strawberries! :eusa_angel:

Rats make great pets. My daughter's rats would actually come and find her if they got out of their cage. Our middle school has a club where they teach rats to play basketball like the following video. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ZW0OGp4HE]YouTube - Rats Playing Basketball[/ame]

pn13-rpcoolpet.JPG

Her name is Maybe.

I think you named her appropriately. Maybe she'll make it, maybe she won't. ;)

Normally, I despise rats. Completely.

But your Maybe actually doesn't look too bad....she seems to have a sweet disposition and her coloration makes her look well.....less rat like. I think it's the long tail and beady eyes that gross me out. That, and the fact that I am aware they are responsible for spreading the black plague and I can't get that out of my head....when I see a rat, I see death on 4 legs heading my way. Sorry.

We have a Roborovski Dwarf Hamster, his name is Mick. This is what he looks like:

roborovski_hamsters.jpg

He's a blast.....got loose in our apartment last night (we just moved in, so many boxes etc to hide from us in/around), and we had a heck of a time catching him. Robo hamsters are VERY fast.

Take good care of Maybe....I hope she *definitely* ;) doesn't need another visit to the Vet.

Forum List

Back