My 2 cents on foreign policy

deepthunk

Justadude with a keyboard
Feb 19, 2011
Clearly there’s a humanitarian crisis in Syria right now that needs to be addressed. The problem is that we 1. Can’t afford to get involved in another conflict right now, and 2. Can’t be assured that if we help the Syrian people gain their freedom that they won’t support our enemies.
I’ve done thunk (lol) about this issue at length, and in IMHO.
1. The Syrian regime is already supporting our enemies so we really couldn’t do much worse by helping the people of Syria. And
2. Perhaps the best way to deal with the issue (and this is just a thought) is to delegate any military action to our strong Arab (and Muslim) allies in the region, such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Jordan. Also IMHO, if there is a military conflict, Iraq should NOT be involved except by allowing troop movements through their territory because their involvement might exacerbate the current instability in the country.
Anyway, that’s just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like.

Clearly there’s a humanitarian crisis in Syria right now that needs to be addressed. The problem is that we 1. Can’t afford to get involved in another conflict right now, and 2. Can’t be assured that if we help the Syrian people gain their freedom that they won’t support our enemies.
I’ve done thunk (lol) about this issue at length, and in IMHO.
1. The Syrian regime is already supporting our enemies so we really couldn’t do much worse by helping the people of Syria. And
2. Perhaps the best way to deal with the issue (and this is just a thought) is to delegate any military action to our strong Arab (and Muslim) allies in the region, such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Jordan. Also IMHO, if there is a military conflict, Iraq should NOT be involved except by allowing troop movements through their territory because their involvement might exacerbate the current instability in the country.
Anyway, that’s just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like.

Syria has a very strong military. They also have powerful allies. That, and other Arab nations aren't looking to get rid of Assad.

Forum List

Back