My 13 Dollars Per Week

Quite bluntly, were that money used to create jobs, it would do us all more good than the $13 a week would do any of us.

To put it even more bluntly, there's more to an eceonomy than the construction sector.

This stimulus not only has to create new jobs, but save the american families AND p[reserve those jobs which are extant.

I don't lnow what you're seeing in your local stores, but I'm noticeing something I haven't seen in YEARS in my grocery stores...SHELF SPACE.

You know what means, right? That means that GROCERY stores are now cutting back on their inventory such that they continue to have a reasonable inventory turn around.

I'm not spending as much on food as I was. I suspect a LOT of American aren't, either.

The policies of the previous administrations, and especially the last administration, have created an economic debacle that is already rivaling that of '29. This stimulas package is only the beginning of what will be needed.

Agreed. but that stimulus package has got to reach many areas of the nation to truly stimulate it.

Infrastructure, roads, water, grid, are all things that are investments.

And education, AND housing, AND all sort of other services that are just as stimulating as building roads.

Down the road, we will get our money back from the use we get out of the infrastructure.

Down the road, we will get our money back from the use we get from the PEOPLE we kept alive, too.

The extensions on unemployment are neccessary if we wish to prevent an even greater meltdown as those that did act prudently in home ownership find that they can no longer make payments.

Yes.

The last administration is the primary architect of the present debacle.

I don't think so. They were merely the last hands at the tiller of a ship of state which charted a course guaranteed to take us on the rocks over 40 years ago.

The last administration screwed up badly, but this disaster was a looooooooooooooooog time coming.

Doing more of the same that they did and expecting a differant result, is simply insane.

Not sure what"more of same" you're referring to, but consider that when the economy changes, then doing the same won't have the same effect.

But if you mean it's nuts to give still MORE tax breaks to billionaires, like the supply siders seem to think,. well...there we can certainly agree.

I do not care about tax breaks, except for those on the very bottom of the economic ladder. What I want to see is investment in the energy infrastructure, universal health care, and some real scientific R and D on problems ranging from energy to adapting to the consequences of global warming.

Yeah, me too.

As long as we understand that we have to help the PEOPLE while we're investing in this long overdue investments into AMERICAN industry.

I'm going to give mine away to the to the oil companies (gas is up), pet food companies (pet food is up), township (property taxes are up), and cable (Comcast is due for it's annual rise in price). Anything leftover I'll send on over to the state, cause Ed needs extra peppers on his cheesesteak.

You can almost buy 2.5 $5 footlongs at Subway each week...

Although are you sure everyone is getting an extra $13 per week or just the unemployed????

Forum List

Back