Must See Slap Down of CNN's Stetler!

I see. The media shouldn't defend itself against slander now. It shouldn't fact check the President who has been known to lie on a regular basis.
Just leave him be, huh?
Have you been taking your Amenda?
Have you been reading the constitution? We need a free press to serve as both disseminator of information and watchdog for truth. Once we roll over submissively and allow 'alternative facts' to take hold, we're doomed as a free society.

Are you suggesting that today's media are independent and don't sway things ?

Are you suggesting they don't slant stories and selectively report what they think we need to know in order to align with their points of view ?

I see. The media shouldn't defend itself against slander now. It shouldn't fact check the President who has been known to lie on a regular basis.
Just leave him be, huh?
Have you been reading the constitution? We need a free press to serve as both disseminator of information and watchdog for truth. Once we roll over submissively and allow 'alternative facts' to take hold, we're doomed as a free society.

Are you suggesting they don't slant stories and selectively report what they think we need to know in order to align with their points of view ?
No. Media is run by humans and, due to this, they are flawed. But I do see so many Conservatives railing against any and all media that fails to confirm their attitudes that one could draw the conclusion that there has been a concerted effort to discredit and demean media as a boogeyman, a scapegoat that serves to accept the scorn and blame for the failure of their message.

Just leave him be, huh?

No. Media is run by humans and, due to this, they are flawed. But I do see so many Conservatives railing against any and all media that fails to confirm their attitudes that one could draw the conclusion that there has been a concerted effort to discredit and demean media as a boogeyman, a scapegoat that serves to accept the scorn and blame for the failure of their message.

And we conservatives see so many progressives/leftists who do the same. Even pull a single word or phase out of context to demonize it. Who never consider what the person means, but attack him/her for using a word or phrase they would mean a different way.

I read a number of intelligent and thoughtful leftist sources and they never fail to give me some perspective that I might not so reliably get from somebody on the right.

But honestly, in the feeding frenzy established by the MSM today, almost all controlled by left leaning producers, editors, writers, commentators, etc., the hatred for our new President and anybody associated with him is so obvious and blatant that it should be denounced by all. From the adjectives they use, to how they phrase the opening paragraphs, which is all that most people see, from the headlines they use, to the photos they use, it is pure malice and so nonobjective that it should destroy all their credibility about anything.

Wolff, no fan of the President himself, was absolutely correct in calling out Stetler.for such obvious malice and failure to do his job as an objective journalist.

From "Business Insider" using a CrowdPac analysis of who reporters, editors, television personalities donate to people on the left and right:

newspaper_print_media.png

Now compare, also from Business Insider: After declaring a substantial majority disapprove of the President's performance so far. . .

. . .Additionally, the CNN poll suggested that Trump's actions aimed at national security had not been well received by Americans:
  • 53% of respondents opposed the executive order Trump signed that temporarily bans travel to the US for citizens of seven majority-Muslim countries.
  • 46%, a plurality, thought it made the US "less safe" from terrorism.
  • A majority, 55%, viewed it as "an attempt to ban Muslims" from entering the US.
  • 60% opposed building a wall along the US-Mexico border. Trump signed an executive order last week to begin formulating a plan for the wall's construction. . .
While Rasmussen whose reputation as an honest and objective pollster is always at stake has shown Trump's approval ratings in the positive range for at least the last week and I believe since the inauguration though I probably didn't check every single day:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 53% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-seven percent (47%) disapprove. . .​

Other of Rasmussens recent headlines including today:
60% Favor Foreign Policy That Puts America First
Voters See Gorsuch in the Judicial Mainstream
Most Voters Think, Unlike Obama, Trump Puts U.S. Interests First
Most Want Mexico To Pay For At Least Some Of The Wall
Most Still Favor Refugee Temporary Freeze
Most Voters Favor the Temporary Visa Ban
Most Say All Trump's Nominations Deserve a Senate Vote
Most Voters Approve of Iran Sanctions
47% Of Voters Think The Country Is Headed In The Right Direction
(This last one is hugely more optimistic than it has been anytime in more than eight years.)

So who do you trust? CNN who obviously hates the President and everything about him? Or Rasmussen who most likely didn't vote for the President but tries to keep it as honest and accurate as possible?
What They Told Us: Reviewing Last Week’s Key Polls - Rasmussen Reports™

Last edited:
Just leave him be, huh?

And we conservatives see so many progressives/leftists who do the same. Even pull a single word or phase out of context to demonize it. Who never consider what the person means, but attack him/her for using a word or phrase they would mean a different way.

I read a number of intelligent and thoughtful leftist sources and they never fail to give me some perspective that I might not so reliably get from somebody on the right.

But honestly, in the feeding frenzy established by the MSM today, almost all controlled by left leaning producers, editors, writers, commentators, etc., the hatred for our new President and anybody associated with him is so obvious and blatant that it should be denounced by all. From the adjectives they use, to how they phrase the opening paragraphs, which is all that most people see, from the headlines they use, to the photos they use, it is pure malice and so nonobjective that it should destroy all their credibility about anything.

Wolff, no fan of the President himself, was absolutely correct in calling out Stetler.for such obvious malice and failure to do his job as an objective journalist.

From "Business Insider" using a CrowdPac analysis of who reporters, editors, television personalities donate to people on the left and right:

Now compare, also from Business Insider: After declaring a substantial majority disapprove of the President's performance so far. . .

. . .Additionally, the CNN poll suggested that Trump's actions aimed at national security had not been well received by Americans:
  • 53% of respondents opposed the executive order Trump signed that temporarily bans travel to the US for citizens of seven majority-Muslim countries.
  • A majority, 55%, viewed it as "an attempt to ban Muslims" from entering the US.
  • 60% opposed building a wall along the US-Mexico border. Trump signed an executive order last week to begin formulating a plan for the wall's construction. . .
While Rasmussen whose reputation as an honest and objective pollster is always at stake has shown Trump's approval ratings in the positive range for at least the last week and I believe since the inauguration though I probably didn't check every single day:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 53% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-seven percent (47%) disapprove. . .​

(This last one is hugely more optimistic than it has been anytime in more than eight years.)

So who do you trust? CNN who obviously hates the President and everything about him? Or Rasmussen who most likely didn't vote for the President but tries to keep it as honest and accurate as possible?
As for myself, I will not accept the 'alternative facts' offered up from an administration I have no respect for. I will continue to rely on various sources of news and information and not partisan propaganda from the current White House. Further, I do not appreciate the manner in which the current White House is demonizing the free press for political gain.

Every time the huckster buffoon calls the free press despicable, I am reminded of how dictators manipulate the public into believing one and only one perspective, one and only one truth. This erodes our democracy and places corruptible power in the hands of the manipulator.

For the record, I do not watch Fox, CNN, MSNBC or ABC News. I don't have cable because the price is too high for the quality of the content. There's no value in it for me to pay, what would be the most expensive utility bill to watch the stuff served up on television.

Most folks seek out media outlets that confirm their beliefs rather than challenge them, assure them of what they think rather than offer up truth. Lots of Conservatives championed Fox News while calling other network news outlets 'biased'. E.G.

As for myself, I will not accept the 'alternative facts' offered up from an administration I have no respect for. I will continue to rely on various sources of news and information and not partisan propaganda from the current White House. Further, I do not appreciate the manner in which the current White House is demonizing the free press for political gain.

Every time the huckster buffoon calls the free press despicable, I am reminded of how dictators manipulate the public into believing one and only one perspective, one and only one truth. This erodes our democracy and places corruptible power in the hands of the manipulator.

For the record, I do not watch Fox, CNN, MSNBC or ABC News. I don't have cable because the price is too high for the quality of the content. There's no value in it for me to pay, what would be the most expensive utility bill to watch the stuff served up on television.

Most folks seek out media outlets that confirm their beliefs rather than challenge them, assure them of what they think rather than offer up truth. Lots of Conservatives championed Fox News while calling other network news outlets 'biased'. E.G.

No intelligent person says Fox News is unbiased editorially. It isn't. But most of us who follow Fox News for some of our information know that it at least presents both sides and for the most part without championing one side while insulting the other and/or calling people names or describing with hateful adjectives. They are NOT guilty of presenting news in a way to lead the reader or observer to believe something while burying the extenuating information deep in the story or not providing it at all which is a form of fake news. Almost all the other cable news channels and the alphabet networks do that.

I do not appreciate the way the MSM demonizes the President in their very obvious attempt to undermine and, if they can, destroy him. I can't understand those who don't see that and who don't find it despicable. And dangerous. The only defense the President and/or his administration has to combat that is to keep pointing out the distortions and flat out lies the media is putting out there. They sure aren't correcting the misinformation until the Administration calls them on it.

If your--the rhetorical you--if your news sources are only providing one point of view, then you are simply reinforcing your own prejudices and point of view. Only by giving the other side a fair hearing can we even hope to discern the truth of anything.

The MSM is no longer a reliable source for information. They knowingly run fake news stories and present opinion as fact. That's not what the FF had in mind with the First Amendment and the American people should not rely on the traditional sources if they want the truth. MSM is now an institution of propaganda and will not return to the traditional role of reporting facts, ALL of the facts, not just the facts they want you to know. They are of no further use to us now.

This is the problem. Most of the MSM long ago sold their souls to an ideology. They are little more than shills for the left, the Democrats, for a leftist candidate, etc. And they even choose sides when it comes down to two Democrats running or, in the last election, Clinton vs Sanders. As the wikileaks clearly showed, the MSM was in bed with Hillary and more than willing to undermine Sanders, more than willing to help Hillary in her debates with Trump and undermine him as much as they could.

Fox News was no different in attempting to take out Trump running against other Republicans.

So of course those who share the MSM's ideology are much more forgiving and approving of the way the MSM has been conducting itself. They refuse to see the problem.

To the rest of it is disgusting and there is little to commend it. Personally, I think any news organization who so clearly chooses a side based on personalities or ideology--who becomes a shill or propaganda machine for a political party or candidate--should lose its license as a member of the free press. Because they no longer are.

No intelligent person says Fox News is unbiased editorially. It isn't. But most of us who follow Fox News for some of our information know that it at least presents both sides and for the most part without championing one side while insulting the other and/or calling people names or describing with hateful adjectives. They are NOT guilty of presenting news in a way to lead the reader or observer to believe something while burying the extenuating information deep in the story or not providing it at all which is a form of fake news. Almost all the other cable news channels and the alphabet networks do that.

I do not appreciate the way the MSM demonizes the President in their very obvious attempt to undermine and, if they can, destroy him. I can't understand those who don't see that and who don't find it despicable. And dangerous. The only defense the President and/or his administration has to combat that is to keep pointing out the distortions and flat out lies the media is putting out there. They sure aren't correcting the misinformation until the Administration calls them on it.

If your--the rhetorical you--if your news sources are only providing one point of view, then you are simply reinforcing your own prejudices and point of view. Only by giving the other side a fair hearing can we even hope to discern the truth of anything.
The wounds Donald Trump has sustained are, for the most part, self inflicted. His irresponsible tweets, his moral equivalence to Putin, his pronouncements about judges, be they of Mexican heritage or simply because they ruled against his ban on Muslims, his attitude toward women, the disabled, POWs, Latinos shows that he is morally, ethically and temperamentally unfit to sit in the Oval Office. Further, he is unfit as a paradigm of gentlemanly comportment. Blaming the boogeyman of the media is an old play from and old playbook.

Demonizing the media for pointing out the emperor has no clothes is a means to a disaterous end, namely the loss of our democracy. I will not abide it.

If you're looking to assign blame for Trump's ineptitude, look no farther than the words, deeds and actions of the reality TV star so many were duped into supporting.

We Americans deserve a statesman. What we are stuck with is a petulant game show host.

The wounds Donald Trump has sustained are, for the most part, self inflicted. His irresponsible tweets, his moral equivalence to Putin, his pronouncements about judges, be they of Mexican heritage or simply because they ruled against his ban on Muslims, his attitude toward women, the disabled, POWs, Latinos shows that he is morally, ethically and temperamentally unfit to sit in the Oval Office. Further, he is unfit as a paradigm of gentlemanly comportment. Blaming the boogeyman of the media is an old play from and old playbook.

Demonizing the media for pointing out the emperor has no clothes is a means to a disaterous end, namely the loss of our democracy. I will not abide it.

If you're looking to assign blame for Trump's ineptitude, look no farther than the words, deeds and actions of the reality TV star so many were duped into supporting.

We Americans deserve a statesman. What we are stuck with is a petulant game show host.

We elected him.

Some of us prefer the idea of being "stuck" with him versus being "stuck" with the alternative.

You get what you deserve.

Maybe America should wake up to the fact that if you abuse people in politics...only the whackjobs will remain.

We elected him.

Some of us prefer the idea of being "stuck" with him versus being "stuck" with the alternative.

Maybe America should wake up to the fact that if you abuse people in politics...only the whackjobs will remain.
How did we offend the gods so egregiously to 'deserve' a huckster like The Donald? Have we acrually fallen so low that this petulant, thin skinned man child is our fate for four more years?

You speak of abusing people in politics. Use the treatment President Obama received as your paradigm.

And consider three million more of your fellow American citizens did not vote for him. Three million more Americans were wise enough to not get hoodwinked by the corrupt Trump.

What happens when articles of impeachment are introduced concerning his lack of respect for the constitution? He should have had his attorneys study that pesky emoluments clause!

We elected him.

How did we offend the gods so egregiously to 'deserve' a huckster like The Donald? Have we acrually fallen so low that this petulant, thin skinned man child is our fate for four more years?

You speak of abusing people in politics. Use the treatment President Obama received as your paradigm.

And consider three million more of your fellow American citizens did not vote for him. Three million more Americans were wise enough to not get hoodwinked by the corrupt Trump.

What happens when articles of impeachment are introduced concerning his lack of respect for the constitution? He should have had his attorneys study that pesky emoluments clause!

And what is your point ?

How did you offend the gods ?

Well, let's see....

The GOP treatment of Clinton.
The democratic treatment of Bush.
The GOP treatment of Obama.

Not to mention the horrid treatment the candidates give each other in primaries.

Does that help ?

The whole 3 million thing does not bother me. Trump won the EC and hence the election....end of discussion.

Hoodwinked ? Give me a break.

I voted for Trump for one reason and one reason alone....and the nomination of Gorsuch validates my vote.

Sorry...

Articles of Impeachment ? He'll bloody the entire federal government in his response. I'd love to see it.

And if he is impeached.....you get President Pence.

Not so shabby.

We elected him.

You need to move on beyond the butt hurt phase of defeat for anything meaningful dialogue. Venting it is fine, but you certainly cannot expect anyone with any objectivity to respond beyond this.

Forum List

Back