Must See: 14 Year Old Oklahoma Girl Makes The Record Books With 16 Point Buck Kill (Atta Girl)

Watch the hunt 'n' grunts lie that they make herd stronger by "harvesting" the old and sick.

Wish they would harvest each other. With any luck, the dumb twit will shoot herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect they would've passed on this deer if it had been a doe. Too many hunt for the antlers and not the venison. Tip: Head for Jackson hole and just gather up some antlers off the ground near the reserve.

Not knowing the hunting regs in OK, I can't say whether they have an option to shoot a doe.

But many hunters only shoot animals with a rack. That does NOT, however, mean they do not eat the venison.

I have been hunting for 40+ years. I have not met a single deer hunter who wasted the meat. I've known quite a few who donate meat, but none who waste it.
Is it legal to hunt doe ANYWHERE? (I mean WITHOUT a near-impossible-to-get special permit.)
Chatauqua County Kansas has had a deer explosion in recent years and NINE humans died in just one year from hitting them on the highways in that county. Kansas has issued "either sex" permits for the last 25 years and that STILL hasn't done much to halt the population boom in Whitetail deer. You have to APPLY for a deer tag in Kansas separate from your hunting license, but they aren't expensive. I make some of the best deer jerky you'll ever try and convert about 80% of any deer I take into jerky.

I remember reading something about 10 years ago about the Alabama deer population. Wildlife biologists estimate the wild deer population in Alabama to be 1.5 million animals. They went on to say that, in order to maintain a stable population, roughly 1/3 of the population needed to be culled annually.

I find it interesting to hear that slaughtering a cow is cruel. Has anyone seen how prey animals get their steak? Take wolves for just one example. Their prey dies in pain, shock, and exhaustion while being ripped to pieces after being chased for miles. Talk about fear. Yet that's noble and acceptable while a bolt to the head that ends life in a split second is cruel?

Personal anecdote. I grew up across the street from a butcher shop and was present while they slaughtered pigs. Inside a concrete block building they would shoot the animal with a .22 rifle. In hind sight, perhaps they could have chosen a safer method of dispatching the swine since a poorly aimed shot could have the bullet ricocheting off a skull and into the bystanders.

Jesus Christ, that’s a monster! I’ve been hunting for a long time and haven’t taken anything even close to that.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Armadillos will break your arrows when you shoot them with a bow, however. I've seen 'em break carbon fiber arrows when they jump around after being hit with one.
Oklahoma girl takes shot at the record books with 16-point buck
I'd be more impressed if she had grappled the beast to the ground...

Do you think she hunts so you will be impressed?

Do you grow your own food? Grind your own grain to make bread? The girl hunts. The idea that she should make it a "fair fight" with an animal that is faster, has a much greater sense of smell, excellent eyesight, and has managed to stay alive for several years in an area that has hunting, is ridiculous.
Of course it's ridiculous, duh..Now get your hunting panties out of the wad....

Nothing wadded here. Just ridiculing your comment about what it would take for her to impress you.
It's a joke among hunters... You'll get over it. I hunt also except I don't advertise what I hunt on my land...and I grew up in Okiehoma so this is nothing new nor is it the biggest I have seen I live twenty miles from Gove Ok in Mizzouri and if I want a buck I can step out on my back porch and shoot one and eat it just like the one I have in the freezer now... I challenge her to hunt with a .22 six shooter that is in a hip holster and she has to draw when a rabbit scurries...We would also hunt armadillo with bow and arrow and gar just fer fun...

Watch the hunt 'n' grunts lie that they make herd stronger by "harvesting" the old and sick.

Wish they would harvest each other. With any luck, the dumb twit will shoot herself.

Its either thin the herds or you have a starving deer population.You should also know that the majority of the funds for conservation efforts across the country come from the licensing fees paid by hunters and fisherman.

I find it interesting to hear that slaughtering a cow is cruel. Has anyone seen how prey animals get their steak? Take wolves for just one example. Their prey dies in pain, shock, and exhaustion while being ripped to pieces after being chased for miles. Talk about fear. Yet that's noble and acceptable while a bolt to the head that ends life in a split second is cruel?

Personal anecdote. I grew up across the street from a butcher shop and was present while they slaughtered pigs. Inside a concrete block building they would shoot the animal with a .22 rifle. In hind sight, perhaps they could have chosen a safer method of dispatching the swine since a poorly aimed shot could have the bullet ricocheting off a skull and into the bystanders.
That is how they would kill a cow to butcher it when Papa would take one into the slaughter house. He didn't trust them and demanded he watch them through the whole process and I would tag along. He also watched the butcher closely.

Its either thin the herds or you have a starving deer population.You should also know that the majority of the funds for conservation efforts across the country come from the licensing fees paid by hunters and fisherman.
Wasting disease has been hot the past few years around here.

I see the deer wasn't armed, thats a fair hunt, only hope it had was to run away.
I don't understand the whole trophy thing for killing an animal just because it has a big set of antlers.
Go kill a animal that if you miss with your gun, the animal fights back, that is a trophy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you buy meat at the grocery store?
Do you have anything from the grocery store mounted on your wall?
You're bitching about hunting deer, well at least the deer has a chance and more often than not outsmarts the hunter. Cattle are bred to be slaughtered, herded their entire lives, and lined up at a meat processing plant to have their head secured into a harness and killed by a bolt gun. If you eat meat, you are a participant in this process and a hypocrite for criticizing deer hunting.
That is a wild assumption that all deer hunters field dress and have the meat processed. Many hunters can't fucking shoot straight. And then they are too lazy to chase down and finish a wounded animal. I know about this from growing up in the west. Don't fucking preach to me about something you probably know very little about. Something I am very familiar with.
To the twit:

You have no idea what "many" hunters do. Every hunter I've hunted with has been very ethical, seeking to minimize suffering, and they are excellent shots, aiming for an angle that perforates the heart and lungs and causes rapid death. You get all your information on hunters from brainwash websites like PETA.

Heart and lung? That's an amateur. Below the ear into the brain. If you can't make that shot then you're just a kid who needs to have their guns taken away. The shot you are describing could result in a painful and prolonged death of the animal you fucking stupid idiot. I bet your buddies throw food on the ground and then climb into tree blinds with their guns, too
Ok super sniper.

I see the deer wasn't armed, thats a fair hunt, only hope it had was to run away.
I don't understand the whole trophy thing for killing an animal just because it has a big set of antlers.
Go kill a animal that if you miss with your gun, the animal fights back, that is a trophy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you buy meat at the grocery store?
Do you have anything from the grocery store mounted on your wall?
You're bitching about hunting deer, well at least the deer has a chance and more often than not outsmarts the hunter. Cattle are bred to be slaughtered, herded their entire lives, and lined up at a meat processing plant to have their head secured into a harness and killed by a bolt gun. If you eat meat, you are a participant in this process and a hypocrite for criticizing deer hunting.
That is a wild assumption that all deer hunters field dress and have the meat processed. Many hunters can't fucking shoot straight. And then they are too lazy to chase down and finish a wounded animal. I know about this from growing up in the west. Don't fucking preach to me about something you probably know very little about. Something I am very familiar with.
To the twit:

You have no idea what "many" hunters do. Every hunter I've hunted with has been very ethical, seeking to minimize suffering, and they are excellent shots, aiming for an angle that perforates the heart and lungs and causes rapid death. You get all your information on hunters from brainwash websites like PETA.

Heart and lung? That's an amateur. Below the ear into the brain. If you can't make that shot then you're just a kid who needs to have their guns taken away. The shot you are describing could result in a painful and prolonged death of the animal you fucking stupid idiot. I bet your buddies throw food on the ground and then climb into tree blinds with their guns, too

The heart/lung shot is the best bet. If you had ever watched deer in the wild, you would know they rarely hold their head still. And the margin for error is much bigger. Maybe risking shooting a deer's jaw off and letting it starve is your idea of a good hunt. Not mine.

I have always aimed for the heart. Only twice in all my years of hunting have I had to track a wounded animal. And neither went far. The majority fell right where they stood.

I suspect they would've passed on this deer if it had been a doe. Too many hunt for the antlers and not the venison. Tip: Head for Jackson hole and just gather up some antlers off the ground near the reserve.

Not knowing the hunting regs in OK, I can't say whether they have an option to shoot a doe.

But many hunters only shoot animals with a rack. That does NOT, however, mean they do not eat the venison.

I have been hunting for 40+ years. I have not met a single deer hunter who wasted the meat. I've known quite a few who donate meat, but none who waste it.
Is it legal to hunt doe ANYWHERE? (I mean WITHOUT a near-impossible-to-get special permit.)

Alabama and Georgia allow does to be taken. No special permit.
In Michigan you just have to buy a doe tag. I bought a combo. So I could shoot anything I wanted with one of the tags and the second tag had to be a 6 point or better.

Alabama and Georgia allow does to be taken. No special permit.
In Michigan you just have to buy a doe tag. I bought a combo. So I could shoot anything I wanted with one of the tags and the second tag had to be a 6 point or better.

In the part of Alabama I lived the season was long and you were allowed two deer per day, either 2 does or a buck and a doe. I liked getting yearling or young does. Much better eating.

You gotta love these stupid fucking liberals that say hunting deer is cruel while eating their pork chops or hamburgers.

Forum List

Back