Must Read Column Of the Day

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/linkset/2005/04/11/LI2005041100587.html

I'm quoting the part on AI, there is more about the Downing Street Memo, energy, etc. Links at site.

Howard Kurtz:

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    sometimes i fear for the world in which we live. When i see the blatant love of lies and refusal to accept the truth, I'm reminded of the biblical accounts of the world in the time of Noah. I'm wondering just how long before God says 'Enough!'.

:(

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree, then I see something like the MSM jumping on AI and hope is restored. I don't think this would necessarily be their first reaction, but the months of MSM scandals and the unmasking of bias are beginning to have an effect. I'm not saying I expect day-to-day change, I don't; but when there is something this blatant I think some different perspectives may be noted.

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I have to agree here, if this were any other time in history, even 10 years ago I would have been much more worried, now with the flood gates of information opening up and bias being noticed we stand a bit more of a chance for misinformation and propaganda to be squashed.

5. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I used to think that AI did good work around the globe, then I noticed they had some Liberal Bias and thought slightly less of them. Now they appear to be Chicken Little rabidly running around screaming about something that has no bearing on reality so that they can present a slightly less rabid report on the news? Either way I believe nothing they have to say anymore, their credibility is in the crapper.

6. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66

or later the advertisers, which provide the dough for the networks and newspapers, magazines, must awaken to the truth that their advertising dollars are being misspent. When the money dries up, as a result of ever decreasing markets, then the media MUST change it's tune, otherwise they will go belly up. Capitalism's great ain't it!!! Hallelujah!! Somewhere Adam Smith (Wealth of Nations) will be giggling!!!!