Must invade Iran NOW!

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
What is the President waiting for?!?!?

Now Iran has broken UN seals and is enriching Uranium.

Is he waiting for a mushroom cloud to appear over New York City?

We need to invade Iran RIGHT NOW. There's no time to wait.

Is he seriously going to wait for UN to solve the problem? Yeah, right, like that works! He's entrusting the safety of Americans in the UN. Its time for us to ACT before its too late!

SpidermanTuba said:

Is he seriously going to wait for UN to solve the problem? Yeah, right, like that works! He's entrusting the safety of Americans in the UN. Its time for us to ACT before its too late!

Spidey? Is that you?

SpidermanTuba said:

Are you being serious, or sarcastic?

SpidermanTuba said:
What do you mean? Do you seriously think I want a mushroom cloud to appear over NYC?

Well considering how much the left as become so "anti-war", its hard to believe they'd support Bush for standing up to Iran. The libs have divided this county to the point were we almost cannot act as one against such a threat. I have yet to hear any Dem politician really suggest doing something militarily to stop Iran. Once again, they are waiting for Bush to act, and whatever he does, they will critisize.

SpidermanTuba said:
What do you mean? Do you seriously think I want a mushroom cloud to appear over NYC?

I mean that you have previously been anti-war, if I remember correctly.

Frankly, all we would have to do is take our troops in Iraq and turn east, while simultaneously taking our troops in Afghanistan and turn west. First battle group to Tehran wins!!!

gop_jeff said:
I mean that you have previously been anti-war, if I remember correctly.

Frankly, all we would have to do is take our troops in Iraq and turn east, while simultaneously taking our troops in Afghanistan and turn west. First battle group to Tehran wins!!!

Oh you forgot, drop crates of Uzi's over the universities. An armed youth in Iran will wreak havoc. Then it will be a "walk in" to Tehran.

All kidding aside, we know of course the administration is keeping a close eye on events in Iran, and would love nothing better than to see the ruling party toppled.

The only question is whats the best way?

You can say whatever you want about Iranians, but they are not for the most part, stupid people. I think the uprising from the youth is inevitable. The more and more they are denied the freedoms, privledges and wealth they see Americans and even Chinese garnishing, the more they will clamour for their fair share.

If you stupid liberals havent learned anything about Bush yet, its he is a very patient, persistent man. And he wouldnt mind handing over the situation in Iran to the next Executive Chief with Iran about ready to topple, even if the next guy (woman?)gets the credit.

below 11,000 today on the Iran news. Don't forget the convoluted history of our own involvement in Iran, from the Shah to taking the Iraqi side in the Iran-Iraq war. The Iranian people have every reason to distrust us.

LuvRPgirl, I think you meant "garnering" not "garnishing."

TheHawk, liberals are not automatically anti-war. People here seem to forget it, but most Democrats supported our intervention in Afghanistan against the Taliban (as did most of the world). It's the war in Iraq we're against--and apparently for good reasons, as we learn new information every day that supports what many of us believed at the beginning--that it was unnecessary to our safety, a vast waste of our resources and manpower, and potentially made us less safe rather than more. Knowing what we know now, only the most diehard hawk or Neocon would still want to have invaded Iraq.

I, for one, would certainly be open-minded about military options in Iran. Don't forget that Clinton was bombing Iraq too, from time to time, to keep up the pressure for inspections.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
below 11,000 today on the Iran news. Don't forget the convoluted history of our own involvement in Iran, from the Shah to taking the Iraqi side in the Iran-Iraq war. The Iranian people have every reason to distrust us.

LuvRPgirl, I think you meant "garnering" not "garnishing."

Mariner.

why don't you get the hell out of our nation, you pathetic ingrate.

What would be the fate of India with a nuclear Iran, with no united states to protect you. You're a negative, spoiled piece of shit. You make me ill.

Liberals would support the right of every country in the world to have nukes
(except the US of course) We have already proven that we are not responsible enough to have them without using them. :duh3:

seem to have upset you.

Would you trust a country that covertly propped up a dictator, then sided with your enemy in a recent war? If so, why?

Iran and North Korea have been busy going nuclear while we've been busy defending ourselves against Al Qaeda by attacking Saddam Hussein. If I feel negative about that particular bit of cognitive dissonance, then it's my right.

Don't call me spoiled--I worked very hard for what I have in life. Ungrateful? I'm supremely grateful for what the U.S. offers me. That's why I argue to preserve it--personal freedom, a non-religious state, a positive moral value in the world. If I see policies or decisions made--by anyone, of any party--that contradict these values, I'm going to object.

Bush himself (finally) invited real debate over U.S. policy recently, signalling an end, I guess, to his "if you don't agree with me you must be a traitor" line so far.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
seem to have upset you.

Would you trust a country that covertly propped up a dictator, then sided with your enemy in a recent war? If so, why?

Iran and North Korea have been busy going nuclear while we've been busy defending ourselves against Al Qaeda by attacking Saddam Hussein. If I feel negative about that particular bit of cognitive dissonance, then it's my right.

Don't call me spoiled--I worked very hard for what I have in life. Ungrateful? I'm supremely grateful for what the U.S. offers me. That's why I argue to preserve it--personal freedom, a non-religious state, a positive moral value in the world. If I see policies or decisions made--by anyone, of any party--that contradict these values, I'm going to object.

Bush himself (finally) invited real debate over U.S. policy recently, signalling an end, I guess, to his "if you don't agree with me you must be a traitor" line so far.

Mariner.

You're an idiot mariner. Forget the history. Do you want a nuclear armed IRan? Is that good for anyone?

You're in the most free, tolerant country on earth, yet you can't stop your stream of criticism long enough to see the bigger picture. You're a brainwashed liberal moron. Get your head out of your ass for one second.

Mariner said:
Don't forget that Clinton was bombing Iraq too, from time to time, to keep up the pressure for inspections.

Mariner.

Oooo - stern UN sanctions, ruined aspirin factories - no wonder Bin Laden feared and respected us so.

Mariner said:
seem to have upset you.

Mariner.

Why is it you lefties can't get your heads out of the past? Yes, we propped up the Shah of Iran following WWII. Yes, we backed Iraq in the Iraq-Iran war, and why?

Because Iranian Islamic revolutionists attacked a US Embassy and took it's members hostage for over a year. So let's quit pretending Iran is the poor, put-upon victim of US imperialism.

Iran is victim to Islamic extremism and they are using the assets of the people of Iran to gain access to weaponry they have proven they do not possess the judgement nor self-discipline to have.

It appears you are so limited in your vision that you cannot get past partisan politics to see a potential threat to this Nation and the rest of the free world.

Forum List

Back