Must Have Been At The Wrong Rally

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
I tried to attend the Obama rally in Sunrise Florida at the Bank Atlantic Center. I couldn't even get in because of the number of people. Hell, I wouldn't wait that long even for a Johnny Cash concert.

But for a while I thought I must be at the wrong rally. The people I saw there all looked like real Americans. All ages, races, two genders, and most seemed to reflect a middle class status.

No one was wearing Marxist shirts, either Karl or Groucho. No one had any anti American signs. No one seemed to be a communist. No messiah worship that I witnessed, just plain old ordinary Americans.

Maybe if Sarah and John realized that both the left and right love this country and quit their attack shit, they would have done better.

I tried to attend the Obama rally in Sunrise Florida at the Bank Atlantic Center. I couldn't even get in because of the number of people. Hell, I wouldn't wait that long even for a Johnny Cash concert.

But for a while I thought I must be at the wrong rally. The people I saw there all looked like real Americans. All ages, races, two genders, and most seemed to reflect a middle class status.

No one was wearing Marxist shirts, either Karl or Groucho. No one had any anti American signs. No one seemed to be a communist. No messiah worship that I witnessed, just plain old ordinary Americans.

Maybe if Sarah and John realized that both the left and right love this country and quit their attack shit, they would have done better.

Green rep for one of the best posts on here! Finally someone from the opposite side talking about how, even though we're all different, we're all Americans.

:thup: Green rep from me too! :clap2:

Good post.

"For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division, and conflict, and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle – as we did in the OJ trial – or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina - or as fodder for the nightly news. We can play Reverend Wright’s sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she’s playing the race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of his policies.

We can do that.

But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we’ll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change." Barack Obama

Were there any anti-Obama protesters there rayboy? My wife attended a Sarah Palin rally in Shippensburg, PA yesterday (I had to work overime so I couldn't go) and it was protested by at least a dozen Obamabots.

Too bad some people can't respect others rights huh?

Were there any anti-Obama protesters there rayboy? My wife attended a Sarah Palin rally in Shippensburg, PA yesterday (I had to work overime so I couldn't go) and it was protested by at least a dozen Obamabots.

Yeah, too bad, huh.

True Americans don't go to the winning side's rally. Like John McCain said, we like being an underdog! Hmmm, wait...if we aren't the #1 nation, who is?

no!! not obama supporters. impossible.

wow, you found democrats in south florida, especially in Sunrise which is next to cooper city and Weston which is filled with liberal people.

Thats like sayin I was in Madison Square Garden in New York City and it was filled with democrats!

wow, you found democrats in south florida, especially in Sunrise which is next to cooper city and Weston which is filled with liberal people.

Thats like sayin I was in Madison Square Garden in New York City and it was filled with democrats!

it's amazing how you always seem to miss the point but so much! I'm starting to think you're mentally hilarious as my daughter would say :eek:

My daughter and I are going to see Obama tomorrow in Sarasota.

We're very excited! :tongue:

kinda like the ability to protest through the right to free speech, eh? ;)

it's amazing how you always seem to miss the point but so much! I'm starting to think you're mentally hilarious as my daughter would say :eek:

My daughter and I are going to see Obama tomorrow in Sarasota.

We're very excited! :tongue:

No I got the point.

He went to the rally at the Bank Atlantic Center, I know the area very well. In fact the BAC is one of my clients.

The fact is it is located in an extremely liberal well populated area. Why would he not expect to see anything but "normal" looking democrats there?

Forum List

Back