Muslims ? Yes or no?

Cut down b y muslims ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Christian Landmark Tree Cut Down In U.K.
by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Matt Cardy/Getty Images
The rare thorn tree in Glastonbury, England, before it was vandalized .
text size A A A December 10, 2010
Legend has it that the rare thorn tree on a hill in southern England had ties to the earliest days of Christianity, and pilgrims often left offerings at its base. In more recent times, local children honored its current incarnation each year by cutting sprigs to place on Queen Elizabeth II's Christmas dining table.

Now British police want to know who sawed the limbs off the Glastonbury Holy Thorn Tree, reducing it to a stump. And they want to know why.

"I've just driven past the site, and people are coming out in tears," said Glastonbury Mayor John Coles. "I've never seen a sadder sight, or a more serious act of vandalism, in my 60 years in Glastonbury."

Glastonbury, 125 miles west of London, is best known for its annual rock music festival, which has drawn artists such as Bruce Springsteen since the 1960s. Its mysterious landscape — including the Glastonbury Tor hill, which is believed by some to have magical qualities — has drawn pagan worshippers for many years.

Katherine Gorbing, the director of Glastonbury Abbey, said the tree originally came from the Middle East and is a type of thorn tree common in Lebanon as well as in Europe. It typically lives about 100 years, but Gorbing said locals have kept Glastonbury Holy Thorn Tree going by taking grafts and clippings from it to plant new trees when the existing one neared the end of its natural life.

"It's a sacred tree," she said. "Not only for the Christian church, but for many other people."

Christian Landmark Tree Cut Down In U.K. : NPR

62473931_5573145.jpg
107452920mc010_glastonbury__5573081_custom.jpg
'Abdullah bin 'Umar, may Allah be pleased with them, narrated:
The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) ordered the date-palms of Banu Al-Nadir to be burnt and cut. These palms were at Buwairah. Qutaibah and Ibn Rumh in their versions of the tradition have added: So Allah, the Glorious and Exalted, revealed the verse: What you (O Muslims) cut down of the palm-trees (of the enemy), or you left them standing on their stems, it was by Leave of Allâh, and in order that He might disgrace the Fâsiqûn (rebellious, disobedient to Allâh)
Hadith number in Sahih Muslim [Arabic only]: 3284
??????? - ?????? - ???? ???????

Last edited:
It was vandals. I know the area quite well. (There's an amazing music festival there every year and it's about 40 mins drive from my place).... It had nothing to do with Muslims.

Got your pitchfork ready for the lynch mob you want going there Mr. Fitnah? I see you already found your scapegoat.

This kind of moronic nonsense pisses me off. Idiot lefties will think all conservatives are 'anti Muslims' because of stupid crap like this.

It was vandals. I know the area quite well. (There's an amazing music festival there every year and it's about 40 mins drive from my place).... It had nothing to do with Muslims.

This makes the most sense to me beings there is so much turmoil in England being caused by all thw whiney students who want their cheap education :eusa_eh:

This makes the most sense to me beings there is so much turmoil in England being caused by all thw whiney students who want their cheap education :eusa_eh:

There were protests all over the country.... the only one where they had trouble was London.

I hope everybody votes in this poll, including the ignorant bigots who should make their views widely known.

I tripped slightly when I was walking up some stairs today. I did some research and found that the house was constructed by MUSLIMS. They did it because of a hadith in which 'Umar commanded that the stairs of a man of the Bani Qaynuqa be destroyed, because everything any Muslim does must be directly motivated by some kind of scripture.

I tripped slightly when I was walking up some stairs today. I did some research and found that the house was constructed by MUSLIMS. They did it because of a hadith in which 'Umar commanded that the stairs of a man of the Bani Qaynuqa be destroyed, because everything any Muslim does must be directly motivated by some kind of scripture.

Rich Americans are responsible for your outrageous accident. Get a lawyer. Hit Americans where it hurts... in their wallets.... that's what Obama does.

Forum List

Back