Muslims want Catholic U. Crucifix Free

There's no "lawsuit" involved actually, only a complaint filed. That complaint was in fact filed by John F. Banzhaf, the law professor. In fact, all the Muslim students that were interviewed seemed to not care at all about this law professor's complaint.

The Tower : University Accused of Discriminating Against Muslims

No doubt he has tenure!

Probably. He's also probably a huge draw for GWU Law School, since he's famous as an "activist".

I don't really see what your point was, though.
When waiting for tenure, it is wise to remain under the radar. That's what she is saying.

No doubt he has tenure!

Probably. He's also probably a huge draw for GWU Law School, since he's famous as an "activist".

When waiting for tenure, it is wise to remain under the radar. That's what she is saying.

I'm fairly certain that Banzhaf's entire professorship is due to his long career being loud and ON the radar.

I don't think that's what she was saying, though.

I'm fairly certain that Banzhaf's entire professorship is due to his long career being loud and ON the radar.

Whatever.

Whatever.

He's a loudmouth. He's famous as an asshole. He's a department head at a prestigious law school for that reason.

I'm sure he's a big draw for annoying do-gooder lawyer type liberals.

Oooooh. he said "whatever"! Snap!
That 'he' is a she, moron.

Unfortunately, what you and Doc don't know is that Sunshine and I know each other. We both were in academia - profs. I'm pretty sure I have a good idea what Sunshine meant.

She will be along shortly to clarify.

Then I'm sure you're right, since I only know of Sunshine as an anonymous poster on a message board.

Apologies.

Whatever.

He's a loudmouth. He's famous as an asshole. He's a department head at a prestigious law school for that reason.

I'm sure he's a big draw for annoying do-gooder lawyer type liberals.
And, they usually have tenure.

There is little nefarious about Sunshine's comment.

Unfortunately, what you and Doc don't know is that Sunshine and I know each other. We both were in academia - profs. I'm pretty sure I have a good idea what Sunshine meant.

Then I'm sure you're right, since I only know of Sunshine as an anonymous poster on a message board.

Apologies.
No need. You didn't do anything needing an apology.

:)

My apologies regarding the gender screw up.

You are/were a college professor........congratulations. What happened?

I didn't like the location at all and I wanted more money than academia paid.

Apologies.
No need. You didn't do anything needing an apology.

:)

I'm from a family entirely made up of teachers and professors, so I always get a little spiky and defensive whenever I think someone's attacking the profession. Occasionally, I jump to conclusions, and I like to acknowledge when I'm wrong.

I didn't like the location at all and I wanted more money than academia paid.

Oh,,,,,,,no. I meant, what happened that turned you into such a jaded nutter? No need to respond.

No doubt he has tenure!

Yes, you are exactly right. There are no bigger piles of chicken shit in universities than those who don't have tenure. However, they really don't have to be because even yearly contracts require 'just cause' if they are not renewed. I only knew one such person to not have her contract renewed. She canceled her clinicals 6 out of 12 weeks and the students were so far behind when they got to the next level we had to provide remediation for them. We ALL bade her 'good riddance.'

Yes, you are exactly right. There are no bigger piles of chicken shit in universities than those who don't have tenure. However, they really don't have to be because even yearly contracts require 'just cause' if they are not renewed. I only knew one such person to not have her contract renewed. She canceled her clinicals 6 out of 12 weeks and the students were so far behind when they got to the next level we had to provide remediation for them. We ALL bade her 'good riddance.'
We were on three year, pre tenure. So, only one renewal.

Gotta love six years of hazing by adults, though. :lmao:

Not.

I have a friend from high school who's waiting to get tenure at Hunter College right now - he's incredibly stressed about it.

I remember it was a big deal when my dad got tenure when I was 5 or 6.

I'd force Muslims to eat a bacon sandwich as a condition of enrollment.....
Bacon!

bacon-briefcase.jpg

I have a friend from high school who's waiting to get tenure at Hunter College right now - he's incredibly stressed about it.

I remember it was a big deal when my dad got tenure when I was 5 or 6.
It is a stressful time. And, as she said, you are shit, pre-tenure. Six years of that for low pay.

*sigh*

Forum List

Back