Muslims in Ramadan !

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Ancient lion, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Ancient lion

Ancient lion Thank your creator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +125
    All over the world Muslims have begun their holiest month of the year by fasting from dawn until dusk each day, broken each evening by large, communal meals. The start of Ramadan is earlier each year because it is calculated based on the sighting of the new moon, which begins the Muslim lunar month. Muslims use the time to reevaluate their lives through the scope of Islamic doctrine.

Makkah:
    Video
    Makkah Taraweeh 2011 [Full] - Ramadan Night 1 ~

Egypt:
    video
    Taraweeh Ramadan night
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Muslims attend a mass prayer session "Tarawih" marking the beginning of the holy fasting month of Ramadan in a mosque in Makassar of Indonesia's South Sulawesi province on July 20. The Indonesian government set Ramadan to fall on July 21. (Yusuf Ahmad/Reuters)

[​IMG]

Kashmiri Muslims offer prayers next to parked cars on a road outside a mosque on the first day of the holy month of Ramadan in Srinagar on July 21. (Danish Ismail/Reuters)

An Indian Muslim child runs at the Jama Masjid on the first night of Ramadan in New Delhi, India on July 21. (Tsering Topgyal/Associated Press)

[​IMG]

Pilgrims circle the Kaaba inside the Grand Mosque during the Muslim month of Ramadan in the holy city of Mecca on July 23. (Hassan Ali/Reuters)

[​IMG]

A Palestinian man reads the Koran outside a mosque in the West Bank city of Jenin on the first day of the Muslim holy fasting month of Ramadan on July 20. (Saif Dahlah/AFP/Getty Images)

[​IMG]

Muslims attend a mass prayer session "Tarawih" marking the beginning of the holy fasting month of Ramadan in a mosque in Makassar of Indonesia's South Sulawesi province on July 20. (Yusuf Ahmad/Reuters)

[​IMG]

A Palestinian buys a photograph of the Dome of the Rock at a market in the West Bank city of Nablus on July 19. (Nasser Ishtayeh/Associated Press)

[​IMG]

Students recite the Holy Koran during Madrasa class at Al-Nour Islamic school in the historic center of Stone Town in the Indian Ocean Island of Zanzibar on July 21. (Thomas Mukoya/Reuters)

[/CENTER]
    [​IMG]

Kashmiri Muslim children pray at a Muslim religious school during the holy month of Ramadan in Srinagar, India, on July 24. (Mukhtar Khan/Associated Press)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. nitroz

nitroz INDEPENDENTly ruthless

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    How many "Allah Ackbar"s will people die from this year?

Terrorist month, tbh.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    What is the purpose of fasting and prayer during Ramadan?

4. AmericanFirst

AmericanFirst Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,005
    Satans greatest month.

5. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,921

and you are satans greatest mouth

6. Ancient lion

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Ramadan Qiyam prayers in the first mosque built in Africa:
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Dajjal

Dajjal Quran buster

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,291
    Ancient Lion, there is nothing in the bible about Muhammad.

As for your link claiming that the quran is Muhammad's miracle, because no one can write a sura like it.
    The quran is a rambling repetition of bible stories. It refers to bible story's but offers no narrative, an changes the subject at almost every verse. The only sura that is devoted to one bible story is sura 12, and as I have said elsewhere it is incomprehensible unless you have first read Genesis.

There is no miracle about the quran, it is plagiarism from the bible and from Arab mythology.

8. Ancient lion

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Ramadan is over....During the holy month of Ramadan was when Allah (SWT) gave Prophet Muhammad (S) the Holy Qur'an. One day, Muhammad had a vision in which the angel Jibril told him how Allah wanted people to live. The Allah's words were revealed to Muhammad through the angel over a period of 23 years, and the words were written down to form the Qur'an. We celebrate Ramadan to remember this very special month.

Ramadan is a time when we fast during the daylight hours. We go without food or drink until sundown. Instead of feeding our bodies, we pray and read the Qur'an. We also make extra effort not to say or listen to anything harmful. These things make us feel closer to Allah, and also remind us of people who may not have enough to eat.
    The month of Ramadan ends with the festival of Eid-ul-Fitr. Its a time for us to celebrate the end of fasting.
    It is mandatory on all the well-off Muslims to start their day by paying "Sadaqat-ul-fitr" to the poor of their society, so that they, too, may enjoy the day along with others, and may not be worried for earning their livelihood at least on that day of happiness.This holiday is so important that many Muslims in the west. take a day off from work or school to celebrate with their families.
    [​IMG]
    Everyone rises early for the prayer ceremony at their masjids and parks, wearing new clothes. Afterwards, families visit each other and exchange good wishes.
    [​IMG]
    The handshakes and hugs after the prayer are a wonderful mark of love toward others. Eid gives everyone a feeling of brotherliness, and all bad feelings toward Muslims should be wiped clean so we can all start fresh.
    RAMADAN EID-AL-FITR AND EID-AL-ADHA

9. zaangalewa

zaangalewa Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +241
    How many people will die because of the terrorism of godless people which are speaking in the name of god? This year? I guess as many as last year. How many were it last year?

10. UllysesS.Archer

UllysesS.Archer Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +662
    Ancient lion you seem to be a very faithful Muslim, and I try to be a very faithful Christian. I fail at it, daily.

I hope you had a good holy month, in your religious beliefs.

May I ask a few question of you? Where in the Bible is the prophet Muhammad mentioned? Why did Muhammad recognize Jesus, but Jesus(to my knowledge) never recognized Muhammad?

I am not trying to run down your faith, I just want answers to these questions, for I know why I base my faith upon Jesus, and that is because there were 14 men, who went to their graves, proclaiming that Jesus was, and is, the Christ. All but two of those 14 were martyred for saying this, but would not denounce Jesus as Lord, and instead chose to die, mostly horrible deaths. Only one of the remaining 2 would die from old age, and the other one was so ashamed of his actions that he committed suicide.

Yet, you base all your faith on the word of 1 man, with(so far as I know) no one else proclaiming this man to be a man of God, at the time the man lived. So if I am wrong on this part, please let me know, for I wish to understand the Islamic faith better.

Thank you.