Muslims burn Qur'ans to protest burning Qur'an

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
This will only make sense to people that think it is Jone's fault.

The demonstrations, which started peacefully, quickly turned violent, killing at least nine people and injuring scores in Kandahar City alone. And as protesters vandalized a girls’ school and set fire to shops, Qurans also inadvertently went up in flames.

“If they burn a shop, there is a Quran in every shop, so this is a big problem,” says Azizullah Aziz, a perfume and soap salesman in Kandahar City. “People don’t know how to protest.”

On Wednesday, the province’s top spiritual leaders moved to address the irony – and promote restraint at a time when passions are running high over the US war effort. They called a shura, or meeting, and told the crowd of several hundred people that gathered in a tent at Kandahar University how to protest in an Islamic manner.

Afghan mullahs push peaceful protest in wake of Quran-burning violence - CSMonitor.com

I find it incredibly uneducated of these uneducated mullahs from a backward country like Afghanistan not to understand that the entire blame for all of this lies solely on Jone's shoulders. The only reason those Qur'ans were burned at all was because he started it.

:confused:

Did I get that right? Being PC is new to me.

The demonstrations, which started peacefully, quickly turned violent, killing at least nine people and injuring scores in Kandahar City alone. And as protesters vandalized a girls’ school and set fire to shops, Qurans also inadvertently went up in flames.

“If they burn a shop, there is a Quran in every shop, so this is a big problem,” says Azizullah Aziz, a perfume and soap salesman in Kandahar City. “People don’t know how to protest.”

On Wednesday, the province’s top spiritual leaders moved to address the irony – and promote restraint at a time when passions are running high over the US war effort. They called a shura, or meeting, and told the crowd of several hundred people that gathered in a tent at Kandahar University how to protest in an Islamic manner.

Afghan mullahs push peaceful protest in wake of Quran-burning violence - CSMonitor.com

I find it incredibly uneducated of these uneducated mullahs from a backward country like Afghanistan not to understand that the entire blame for all of this lies solely on Jone's shoulders. The only reason those Qur'ans were burned at all was because he started it.

They may well burn a Koran as it is every shop....

...but it's the only book there:

"Indeed, the total number of books translated into Arabic during the 1,000 years since the age of Caliph Al-Ma’moun [a ninth-century Arab ruler who was a patron of cultural interaction between Arab, Persian, and Greek scholars—WPR] to this day is less than those translated in Spain in one year. The report noted that Arab rulers stay in office all their lives and create dynasties that inherit power, and the peoples are unable to institute change."
Arab Human Development Report - Worldpress.org

That's one of the reasons it's so inexpensive to attend one of the 'great' Muslim universities....you don't have to buy books!

QW,

Vandals rarely take the consequences of their actions into consideration before they act. If they do, it will nearly always be to aid them in evading sanction. In any case, uneducated people often take negative, uneducated measures. Ironic, unproductive protests being one of them.

All that being said, I doubt many of these protesters batted so much as an eyelid upon hearing of the religious outrage committed during their 'protest' - which was no-doubt an effort to shift all or most of the negative attention that's a result of the war on terror onto America and her allies.

Hmm, while I'd agree Jones burning the Quran like he did publicy just caused problems (he could always toss them or burn them privately too).. at the same time, what does this one man's burning it have to do with Obama, America in general, or other people in the west, or christians, etc? They are stomping on a flaming effigy of Obama. What does that have to do with what Jones personally did? And why did they burn up their own shops?

:confused:, also.

Forum List

Back