Muslims are peaceful people

only the SUNY part got my attention.
Odd how you're supporting a group that wants to kill you.

Said NY Jew, before I said "and alumni of a SUNY school.

I have no problem with the people who want me dead and who take steps to make that happen getting exactly what's coming to them. My objection is to a) making a statement about 50 percent of a particular population being in on a plot and not bearing it out; and b) lumping an entire group of people together as being guilty because of the guilt of some. Same as I am not responsible for Meir Kahane's disciples, all muslims are not responsible for the acts of OBL's. Nor do I have to be shouting from the rooftops continually that I object to the way Kahane's people do things to NOT be tarred with the same brush.

yes I know not all Muslims are of the same mindset, I just wanted to see your reaction.

Then you can't treat them all the same if they aren't of the same mindset. Can't lump them all together. And I say that as someone who works very hard at not doing that. Every so often I am lucky enough to meet someone who keeps me on track in that regard.

So, you got my reaction... and?

How many muslims are there in the world, and of that number, what percentage are considered violent?

The Holy book and their Prophet TEACH that violence is acceptable and necassary means to an end. You can sugar coat it anyway you want, those are the facts.

There are several types of Muslims. Those that believe that eventually their birth rate and conversion of infidels will see the entire world under Muslim rule and those that think murder and mayhem will bring it about. But in the end the Religion teaches that the entire world MUST be Muslim. And that Muslims must make it so.

Their religious leaders teach murder and hate. They teach intolerance and seperation. The religion teaches that anyone that is NOT a Muslim can not be trusted nor befriended, they can be killed, forcably converted and used until either of those events occur.

my religion is not the issue here. I have reasons to mistrust Muslims because of what I see in the news.

Lark, since you have nothing substantial, you will be ignored.

So you don't consider showing you why your statement was asinine "substantial"?...well I guess I can see why you would want to ignore me. Don't start what you don't have the balls to finish, douchebag.

About 80% of the motels and convenience stores I have visited in the last 4 years have been owned and operated by Muslims. Are you trying to make me afraid of them?

The Holy book and their Prophet TEACH that violence is acceptable and necassary means to an end. You can sugar coat it anyway you want, those are the facts.

If you choose to take the Koran literally, word for word, and apply it selectively. So does the Holy Bible, if you choose to take it literally word for word, and apply it selectively.

There are several types of Muslims. Those that believe that eventually their birth rate and conversion of infidels will see the entire world under Muslim rule and those that think murder and mayhem will bring it about. But in the end the Religion teaches that the entire world MUST be Muslim. And that Muslims must make it so.

Which to me makes it no different than most other religions/ideologies.

Their religious leaders teach murder and hate. They teach intolerance and seperation. The religion teaches that anyone that is NOT a Muslim can not be trusted nor befriended, they can be killed, forcably converted and used until either of those events occur.

Then how come 90% of all Muslims aren't doing it instead of 10%? I konw what the literal world says. I also know what the radicals preach. But based on numbers alone, it's quite obvious something is getting lost in the translation, or perhaps the religion has evolved much the same as Judeo-Christianity has?

Are you literally trying to make the republican party look like the party of intolerance?

To my knowledge, not one single muslim-american has ever perpetrated an act of terrorism against the united states. American muslims and american christians are overwhelmingly decent people. My doctor is Muslim, and I have absolutely no fear that she's going to inject me with anthrax.

Perhaps a useful analogy on the Muslims question is the following:

Radical Islamists:Muslims::Nazis:Germans

There were definitely "good Germans". And we should never forget that Hitler came to power with less than 40% of the popular vote.

However, there were quite a few Germans who, shall we say, tolerated him -- above and beyond the fear factor. They liked his assertive nationalism. They were proud of the new Germany the Nazis built.

It's the 10% or 20% or 30% or 40% of Muslims who are not entirely opposed to the jihadis and their actions which are worrying.

There are few things that one can be certain of but you can be certain that people are the same everywhere.

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits." Mark Twain

Perhaps a useful analogy on the Muslims question is the following:

Radical Islamists:Muslims::Nazis:Germans

There were definitely "good Germans". And we should never forget that Hitler came to power with less than 40% of the popular vote.

However, there were quite a few Germans who, shall we say, tolerated him -- above and beyond the fear factor. They liked his assertive nationalism. They were proud of the new Germany the Nazis built.

It's the 10% or 20% or 30% or 40% of Muslims who are not entirely opposed to the jihadis and their actions which are worrying.

Before picking random numbers out of thin air (like 30 or 40%), its useful to consult actual empirical, scientific polling.

http://foreignaffairs.house.gov/110/kul051707.pdf

Even in the most radicalized of arab countries (the subject of this poll), overwhelming majorities think the killing of civilians is an abomination against the tenets of Islam.

When it comes to killing civilians in the united states or europe, even in these radicalized arab countries, barely 5% or 8% of their citizens think killing american or european civilians is ever justified.

And this is a poll taken only in radicalized muslim countries. If you included polling for all muslims world wide, including the moderate muslims in asia, africa, and north america, I think you would find those who support killing innocent civilians to barely register as a statistical blip.

Before picking random numbers out of thin air (like 30 or 40%), its useful to consult actual empirical, scientific polling.

http://foreignaffairs.house.gov/110/kul051707.pdf

Even in the most radicalized of arab countries (the subject of this poll), overwhelming majorities think the killing of civilians is an abomination against the tenets of Islam.

When it comes to killing civilians in the united states or europe, even in these radicalized arab countries, barely 5% or 8% of their citizens think killing american or european civilians is ever justified.

And this is a poll taken only in radicalized muslim countries. If you included polling for all muslims world wide, including the moderate muslims in asia, africa, and north america, I think you would find those who support killing innocent civilians to barely register as a statistical blip.

RIGHT, this poll, or ANY POLL for that matter, and a buck, MIGHT get you a cup of coffee.

Please, see my tag line.................:eusa_sick:

Any doubters about the goal of all of Islam should download 'What the west needs to know". It's authors are muslims who have seen the light. If all muslims were not the same as radicals, then we would not hear a deafening roar of silence from the so called moderates when it comes to condemnation of these animals. Deep down and not very deep at that, they like all this jihad BS that the islamofacists are doing. Go ahead, google it. Wake up people. Start to think like an American First!

Its funny when people say "you shouldn't judge them all by a few."
my response- how many do you know?
They dont know many personally so it shuts them up.
People need to read the Quran and not just say they have. Islam is a dangerous religion and those who make excuses for the group are just as dangerous as the terrorists.

Forum List

Back