Muslims are peaceful people

Why does the word "radical" when applied to "Muslim" not appear in your post? The original article pointed out that the problem lies with "radical" Muslims, not Muslims in general.

Every time someone conflates "radical" with "Muslim" it deepens the divisions between ordinary (ie non-radical) Muslims and everyone else. We should be uniting against the radicals, not splitting our allies from us.

• Banned
they strap dynamite to their chests, teach that America is evil, and stone the women and we're supposed to respect them, lol

Not all muslims do those things, witness the large number of Muslim American citizens in this nation. Since it is indisputable fact that not all Muslims do the things you describe. In fact, it is indisuputably a vast minority of the Muslim world population who commits acts of terrorist violence, by the rules of logic, something else must motivate the individuals who commit these acts. Or are we going to say that because some American terrorists have been Christian all Christians are definitely terrorist. Just using your own logic here.

• Banned
Just using your own logic here.

no, you're twisting the argument to fit your agenda.
I didnt say all Muslims. Are you making excuses for the radical ones just because of offenses by people of other religions?
Thats mighty bigoted of you.

they strap dynamite to their chests, teach that America is evil, and stone the women and we're supposed to respect them, lol

Yep, all around the world, millions of Muslims are just strapping on explosives and blowing things up. Why just last Friday at the local mosque there was a bombfest. It was great. Everyone rocked up and took their bomb belts out of their cars and wandered into the forecourt of the mosque, then they left their bomb belts outside with a minder and went into prayers. When they came out they strapped the belts on and wandered off just blowing themselves up at random in various areas of town. Heck if this keeps up pretty soon we'll have to convert the mosque into a bingo parlour.

• Banned
Yep, all around the world, millions of Muslims are just strapping on explosives and blowing things up. Why just last Friday at the local mosque there was a bombfest. It was great. Everyone rocked up and took their bomb belts out of their cars and wandered into the forecourt of the mosque, then they left their bomb belts outside with a minder and went into prayers. When they came out they strapped the belts on and wandered off just blowing themselves up at random in various areas of town. Heck if this keeps up pretty soon we'll have to convert the mosque into a bingo parlour.

sarcasm noted. Here in Albany, NY, out of maybe 70 Muslims, nearly 35 were arrested for plotting an attack. Blueprints for nuke devices were found in their apartment. Do you think they were just pulling a prank?

sarcasm noted. Here in Albany, NY, out of maybe 70 Muslims, nearly 35 were arrested for plotting an attack. Blueprints for nuke devices were found in their apartment. Do you think they were just pulling a prank?

Not sarcasm, just satirising your gross generalisation. There's a difference.

I wasn't aware of the 35 Muslims arrested for plotting an attack in Albany. But I'd be interested to read about it if you have a link.

• Banned
Not sarcasm, just satirising your gross generalisation. There's a difference.

I wasn't aware of the 35 Muslims arrested for plotting an attack in Albany. But I'd be interested to read about it if you have a link.

what you call gross generalization is what others would call astute observations.

anyway, here is one part of the story- http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128088,00.html

Okay, two men arrested for dealing with an undercover agent. The courts can sort them out. But that's two. My point has been that yes there are radical Islamists among western Muslims, but to try and generalise that all Muslims are radical Islamists is not only absurd, it's counterproductive.

That's two people... not 35. And I do believe there are more than 70 muslims in Albany, NY. I think more than that probably work for the state legislature in one capacity or another, no?

I am sure there are some who work for the state and they should be monitored.

yes, it was 2 at first, and later there was a story which said cops discovered more were involved.

I am sure there are some who work for the state and they should be monitored.

yes, it was 2 at first, and later there was a story which said cops discovered more were involved.

You didn't link to any other information 1). Where are the other 33 you alleged exist; and 2) provide proof there are only 35 muslims in Albany. ? You including the University, too, btw? I'm sure we have a few Muhammed's along with the Goldberg's...

Okay, two men arrested for dealing with an undercover agent. The courts can sort them out. But that's two. My point has been that yes there are radical Islamists among western Muslims, but to try and generalise that all Muslims are radical Islamists is not only absurd, it's counterproductive.

I didn't say all Muslims. But odd how those who are "peaceful" don't voice their outrage over the radicals. Why do you suppose that is?

I didn't say all Muslims. But odd how those who are "peaceful" don't voice their outrage over the radicals. Why do you suppose that is?

Sure some do. Just as some whites/blacks/christians/etc voice outrage and some don't. Amusing how you link lack of public outrage to agreement on this issue, but not on others. Is your lack of outrage over Darfur, Myanmar, NK acceptance of the tragedies that are occurring in each of those places?

Sure some do. Just as some whites/blacks/christians/etc voice outrage and some don't. Amusing how you link lack of public outrage to agreement on this issue, but not on others. Is your lack of outrage over Darfur, Myanmar, NK acceptance of the tragedies that are occurring in each of those places?
and you know that I don't care about those atrocities?
No you don't.

Forum List

Back