Muslims are given permission from Allah to lie.

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Check this hadith out. I just confirmed on an islamic forum that this hadith is authentic.

It is unlawful to lie, except when making up between two people, or lying to an enemy in war, or to one’s wife. It is also unlawful to praise or blame another with an untruth. The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Lying is wrong, except in three things: the lie of a man to his wife to make her content with him; a lie in war, for war is deception; or a lie to settle trouble between people” (Ahmad, 6.459. H)

So, I would believe NOTHING that a muslim says concerning anything in Iraq. Further, most muslims believe that the third reason allows them to lie for almost any reason, so long as, it is settling trouble between people. For instance, they can lie about Islam being peaceful if it settles trouble between people.

Man, what religion says, NO a lie is a sin. But, you can lie for these reasons. I especially love the one about the wife, funny how it does not say a woman can lie to her husband....

I would love for Arabian to defend this!

Forum List

Back