Muslims and Christians Unified in Egypt

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
I put this in politics because I think it belongs here.
Obviously, muslims and christians both have a suspicion that egypt is being battled over by extremists to gain control. Well..not if they can throw a wrench in the machinery.
I say BRAVO to all that participated.

Muslims return favor, join hands with Christian protesters for Mass in Cairo's Tahrir Square

On Friday, the holy day for Islam, Christian protesters in Tahrir Square joined hands to form a protective cordon around their Muslim countrymen so they could pray in safety.

Sunday, the Muslims returned the favor.

They surrounded Christians celebrating Mass in Cairo's central plaza, ground zero for the secular pro-democracy protests reverberating throughout the Middle East.

"In the name of Jesus and Muhammed, we unify our ranks," the Rev. Ihab al-Kharat told the crowd in his sermon.

"We will keep protesting until the fall of the tyranny," he said.

Some of the worshipers began to cry as the congregation sang, "Bless our country, listen to the cries of our hearts."

Afterward, the crowd of both Muslims and Christians chanted "one hand" - meaning "we are one" - and held up a Koran and a cross.

I put this in politics because I think it belongs here.
Obviously, muslims and christians both have a suspicion that egypt is being battled over by extremists to gain control. Well..not if they can throw a wrench in the machinery.
I say BRAVO to all that participated.

Muslims return favor, join hands with Christian protesters for Mass in Cairo's Tahrir Square

On Friday, the holy day for Islam, Christian protesters in Tahrir Square joined hands to form a protective cordon around their Muslim countrymen so they could pray in safety.

Sunday, the Muslims returned the favor.

They surrounded Christians celebrating Mass in Cairo's central plaza, ground zero for the secular pro-democracy protests reverberating throughout the Middle East.

"In the name of Jesus and Muhammed, we unify our ranks," the Rev. Ihab al-Kharat told the crowd in his sermon.

"We will keep protesting until the fall of the tyranny," he said.

Some of the worshipers began to cry as the congregation sang, "Bless our country, listen to the cries of our hearts."

Afterward, the crowd of both Muslims and Christians chanted "one hand" - meaning "we are one" - and held up a Koran and a cross.

A promising sign. Maybe there is hope for Moderate leadership to emerge yet.

I wonder how likely this scenario would be in the U.S. right now.

Egyptians are as deserving of freedom and democracy as anyone else, and I wish the best for them.

It would be nice if Egypt won equal rights for everyone in a new government that embraces liberty , It is unlikely .

The Status of Non-Muslim Minorities Under Islamic Rule

Dhimmitude: the Islamic system of governing populations conquered by jihad wars, encompassing all of the demographic, ethnic, and religious aspects of the political system. The word "dhimmitude" as a historical concept, was coined by Bat Ye'or in 1983 to describe the legal and social conditions of Jews and Christians subjected to Islamic rule.

The word "dhimmitude" comes from dhimmi, an Arabic word meaning "protected". Dhimmi was the name applied by the Arab-Muslim conquerors to indigenous non-Muslim populations who surrendered by a treaty (dhimma) to Muslim domination. Islamic conquests expanded over vast territories in Africa, Europe and Asia, for over a millennium (638-1683).

The Muslim empire incorporated numerous varied peoples which had their own religion, culture, language and civilization. For centuries, these indigenous, pre-Islamic peoples constituted the great majority of the population of the Islamic lands. Although these populations differed, they were ruled by the same type of laws, based on the shari'a.

Dhimmis and Dhimmitude: The Status of Minorities Under Islamic Rule

It would be nice if Egypt won equal rights for everyone in a new government that embraces liberty , It is unlikely .

Dhimmitude: the Islamic system of governing populations conquered by jihad wars, encompassing all of the demographic, ethnic, and religious aspects of the political system. The word "dhimmitude" as a historical concept, was coined by Bat Ye'or in 1983 to describe the legal and social conditions of Jews and Christians subjected to Islamic rule.

The word "dhimmitude" comes from dhimmi, an Arabic word meaning "protected". Dhimmi was the name applied by the Arab-Muslim conquerors to indigenous non-Muslim populations who surrendered by a treaty (dhimma) to Muslim domination. Islamic conquests expanded over vast territories in Africa, Europe and Asia, for over a millennium (638-1683).

The Muslim empire incorporated numerous varied peoples which had their own religion, culture, language and civilization. For centuries, these indigenous, pre-Islamic peoples constituted the great majority of the population of the Islamic lands. Although these populations differed, they were ruled by the same type of laws, based on the shari'a.

You are so one track minded and full of hot air Mr. Fitnuts.

Egypt is not under Islamic rule.

And there aren't any non muslims under dhimmi rule in Egypt. :cuckoo:

With all the persecution that goes on in the Middle East over an individual's faith. It's good to see two groups of people from different religions, come together as a "model" for the rest of the muslim region to follow.

Last edited:

I figured you'd be at the top of the list of anti-Muslim bigots whose head would be exploding over this .

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back