Muslim woman strangled by her burkha in freak go-kart accident

A lot of posters in this thread seem to be thrilled this woman died. All because she wore a burkha,

Nice to see people using a woman's death as an opportunity to take potshots at her religious beliefs. For some reason, I suspect that the response would be different if a Christian or Jew had died in a similar accident. :thup:

Oh, and the posters speculating about the "oppression" she must have lived under are especially classy. You all may want to get your crystal balls checked.

Nice to see people using a woman's death as an opportunity to take potshots at her religious beliefs. For some reason, I suspect that the response would be different if a Christian or Jew had died in a similar accident. :thup:

yeah, because we know jews and christians were burkas too :lol:

Oh, and the posters speculating about the "oppression" she must have lived under are especially classy. You all may want to get your crystal balls checked.

yeah, she lived a life totally free of repression in the muslim world, and jews had it easy under hitler too :lol:

A lot of posters in this thread seem to be thrilled this woman died. All because she wore a burkha,

I'm not happy she died, I think it's very sad. I think she lived a sad life and probably died having the little bit of fun she was allowed to have. Still though, that line from The Incredibles did go through my mind "no capes!"

I think she lived a sad life and probably died having the little bit of fun she was allowed to have.

Being clairvoyant must be nice. Do you do palm readings, or do you limit yourself to speculating about the private lives of dead Muslims?

I think she lived a sad life and probably died having the little bit of fun she was allowed to have.

Being clairvoyant must be nice. Do you do palm readings, or do you limit yourself to speculating about the private lives of dead Muslims?

Can you imagine having fun while wearing that kind of outfit? I must admit, it's beyond my imagination. I also said "I think", not "I know". As a kid, I wore jeans as much as possible and this was when girls wore dresses. Climbing trees in dresses is really hard, I think it must be impossible in a burka.

the holocaust started with many repressions, many women live under appression.

Seems apt to me.

so i got where she lived wrong, my bad. Still leaves million of women in most arab countries, who are not treated well

try again kimosabe :lol:

I feel for the poor woman. Her life under that Burkha must have been one of perpetual humiliation and oppression, and the one chance she gets of letting just a little loose, and it kills her.

It probably counts as a merciful release. She had a little fun, and she died.

I often wondered how these ladies actually feel while wearing those.

uhhhh....like Cousin It!!!!
cousin_it.jpg

I see quite a few variations on muslim dress, as there is a large muslim community near the college where I am going, and quite a few of the women go there.

Full Burkas are rare. You can't see what is going on in the girl's mind, but they look miserably uncomfortable.

The Indonesian style of Muslim dress dress looks quite stylish. The Indonesians look both modest and cute.

Can you imagine having fun while wearing that kind of outfit? I must admit, it's beyond my imagination. I also said "I think", not "I know". As a kid, I wore jeans as much as possible and this was when girls wore dresses. Climbing trees in dresses is really hard, I think it must be impossible in a burka.

I'm sure that if you thought for a minute, you'd realize that "fun" is subjective and one person's idea of a good time may not be entirely consistent with another person's. You'd probably also realize that making assumptions about someone based on their appearance is silly. No aspect of Islam prevents a Muslim woman from wearing jeans or whatever type of clothing she wants as long as she safeguards her modesty.

I'm sure that if you thought for a minute, you'd realize that "fun" is subjective and one person's idea of a good time may not be entirely consistent with another person's. You'd probably also realize that making assumptions about someone based on their appearance is silly. No aspect of Islam prevents a Muslim woman from wearing jeans or whatever type of clothing she wants as long as she safeguards her modesty.

Is that subjective? What exactly does safeguarding her modesty entail?

HER death is tragic and would not have happened if the sexually insecure Muslim men did not make religious laws requiring her to have a certain attire. That is true tragedy.

Both men and women are subject to rules of modesty if they choose to practice Islam.

Is that subjective? What exactly does safeguarding her modesty entail?

It's subjective to an extent. At one end of the spectrum, you have people who believe that no part of a woman's skin should be exposed in public; at the other end, you have those who reject orthodox opinions regarding dress and assert that behavioral modesty is more important than modesty in appearance. It's a matter of interpretation and a decision that should ultimately rest with individual women.

Forum List

Back